Somalia is producing less food than it did 60 years ago.

Somalia is currently experiencing a high population growth rate, but this rapid population growth is not sustainable in the long run. Somalia has already experienced two devastating famines in the last three decades. With each passing year there are more mouths to feed but food production is declining. This is a ticking time bomb.

Ibrahim hassan

Esteemed Excellency
Most Somalis nowadays see themselves too good to be farmers. And Somalia historically most agricultural areas are controlled by alshabab I expect the numbers to increase when mog to afog road Is completed

Royalflush

novacane
Siad barre AUN had the whole population planting desert resistant plants to combat desertification
There’s no excuse to utilise farms

Doesn’t somalia cut down many trees? Even our nomads use tree thorns and leaves to feed their camels which harms our environment. Lack of trees can reduce rainfall and erode the soil thus making it very difficult to produce food in many places

And what’s with the pessimistic people here begging to be colonized? Remember we’ve been through civil war, government collapse and are currently fighting off a terror group. These are our biggest obstacles hindering development. I’d rather we overcome these obstacles and build Somalia from the ground up then have to lower ourselves by begging to be colonized and live as dignity lacking useless sub-citizen wildlife

I have a relative who owns a farm near jamaame and he was telling me that the incentives of being a farmer nowadays is minimal. Western aid donors are slowly destroying the farming industry and are trying to make the people fully reliant on aid.

supremacist babble from ciyaal who havent seen somalia. i would rather be a bantu-turk-arab protectorate or colony than utter humiliation of the 90s and a whole generation who never seen governance.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210303_192937.jpg
    Screenshot_20210303_192937.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20210303_193257.png
    IMG_20210303_193257.png
    179.2 KB · Views: 73
Atleast cadaans took care of somalis. Have you seen somalis in the 1950s mfs looked like models
Well feed well dressed. And not retarded like now
Awww, do you, I presume, a grown man, need white daddy to feed you and comb your hair, put on your clothes? Please read that post again and think about how made it makes you look. Some of the comments in this thread are just sickening :susp:

Last edited:
Its almost like everybody believes our poverty will be eradicated by the wfp whilst we bicker about qabyalad and bakhti. remove that and and its sink or swim.

If you think about about it every problem we have in somalia there is some un mission to fix it down to fmg.

Why you guys clueless about unit economics.

you grow food as a farmer, US aid and world form program and the EU subsidise their farmers to grow massive amounts and when do not sell its dumbed in Africa and the native farmer cannot compete.

ironically it’s good for the customers whocan now buy food for massive discount but. As for them when the west can shut off your food supply charity any time like they didto North Korea and iraq where they starved millions in the 90s

but who is to blame ? World food program or corrupt politicians who accept a bribe to screw their own nations farming industry and make their people a welfare case ?

do you think this would happen with out the so called government in xamar ?

why do Somalis always. Lame foreigners when their own people work with said foreigners to destroy the country ?

Many times EU AND US wait to dumb food just before crops hit markets by the native farmers. It’s called food war diplomacy

Colonization is actually a good idea, when you think about it. Colonization will re-ignite the inner need of unity and a stronger Somalia, which we once used to have. As of now, though; with the current government, and the amount of foreign troops placed in our country, I would gladly accept re-colonization (especially by a Muslim country), rather than by our neighboring countries (Ethiopia; Kenya), which their stay is permanent.

Colonization is actually a good idea, when you think about it. Colonization will re-ignite the inner need of unity and a stronger Somalia, which we once used to have. As of now, though; with the current government, and the amount of foreign troops placed in our country, I would gladly accept re-colonization (especially by a Muslim country), rather than by our neighboring countries (Ethiopia; Kenya), which their stay is permanent.

Abaayo, do you disagree with anything that I have stated?

If our current situation isn't causing an awakening then colonisation definitely won't. Unless we achieve self-actualisation and push through to achieve our goals then nothing will improve. Turkey or any other country will not just fix all our problems for us why would they ? Self-reliance is the only way.

We need to come up with other ways in "reigniting" unity amongst the somali people, people like you who advocate for colonialism need their heads on a spike, white people will not just come there and help you build your country, defeat al shabab, and tackle all of our problems, why would they, what benefit does it have for thrm to turn Somalia into a first world nation, they'll be there like what they've done before in the past which did not turn us into a first world nation. This mentality of let them come back instills laziness amongst ourselves, "whenever something goes wrong, let the white man fix it" would be the mentality that comes out of this.

its up to us to fix our problems, this idea thats trying to be pushed is idiotic :camby:

If our current situation isn't causing an awakening then colonisation definitely won't. Unless we achieve self-actualisation and push through to achieve our goals then nothing will improve. Turkey or any other country will not just fix all our problems for us why would they ? Self-reliance is the only way.
I mean, if you would ask me, the humiliation of direct colonization will forcefully unite Somalis and Somalia itself. Right now, a lot of Somaliweyn, NFD and Galbeed in particular, is occupied. And, in Somalia itself, many foreign troops (AMISOM & Ethiopian in particular) are running a mock. To me, and many others, this is the only solution. You need humiliation and pain in order to prosper.

We need to come up with other ways in "reigniting" unity amongst the somali people, people like you who advocate for colonialism need their heads on a spike, white people will not just come there and help you build your country, defeat al shabab, and tackle all of our problems, why would they, what benefit does it have for thrm to turn Somalia into a first world nation, they'll be there like what they've done before in the past which did not turn us into a first world nation. This mentality of let them come back instills laziness amongst ourselves, "whenever something goes wrong, let the white man fix it" would be the mentality that comes out of this.

its up to us to fix our problems, this idea thats trying to be pushed is idiotic :camby:
Ever since 1991, Somalis became lazy and corrupt. Have you ever thought that, perhaps going through a round two colonization will kick the inner demon of Somalinimo into existence? I don't get it, why are Somalis so vehemently against temporary colonization by a muslim country, but are okay with Ethiopian and Kenyan troops - who happen to gaal if I may add - to run amok?

Ever since 1991, Somalis became lazy and corrupt. Have you ever thought that, perhaps going through a round two colonization will kick the inner demon of Somalinimo into existence? I don't get it, why are Somalis so vehemently against temporary colonization by a muslim country, but are okay with Ethiopian and Kenyan troops - who happen to gaal if I may add - to run amok?
Warlords contempt with the situation they live under and had instilled fear onto the residents made it seem like that. Stop repeating the same thing like a broken record, what you're spouting isnt going to work and is an idiotic idea. Somalia is slowly but surely progressing, if you want to spread the idea of unity make a case for it on the ground instead of talking about how foreigners should rule over us behind a keyboard, have some shame

Trending