SOMALIA IS LITTERLY BECOMING A DESERT

Don't ask what your country can do but what you can do for your country
im already doing small part for my country but I want something bigger hence why I want PL gov to actually take this serious. Besides planting trees raising awareness goes a long way

SlimFarax

Sheegatoslayer
I don't know what you've been smoking but Somalia has always has baadiyo

As for the map with the nugaal, Ogaden, waqooyi etc basins, those rivers and green lands pop up during the wet season

I don't know what you've been smoking but Somalia has always has baadiyo

As for the map with the nugaal, Ogaden, waqooyi etc basins, those rivers and green lands pop up during the wet season
Yes but rivers can be made permanant. As witnessed in India, it is possible with current technology to revive a river and make it permanent.

SlimFarax

Sheegatoslayer
Yes but rivers can be made permanant. As witnessed in India, it is possible with current technology to revive a river and make it permanent.
I'm just responding to this kid saying Somalia is becoming a desert when the north has always been

Having rivers in the south has helped us maintain our green habitat.

However in the north desertification is a issue that can only be combatted by a unified response by all peoples to plant trees and limit grazing to certain areas.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE !

GLOBAL WARMING WILL TURN SOMALIA GREEN AGAIN—No, really.:samwelcome:

Simulations of man-made global warming and increased carbon dioxide concentrations in the atmosphere suggests that it will lead to a substantial increase in precipitation in the Sahel/Sahara. This could lead to an expansion of vegetation into present-day desert, although it would be less extensive than during the mid-Holocene[77] and perhaps accompanied by a northward shift of the desert i.e. a drying of northernmost Africa.[457] Such a precipitation increase may also reduce the amount of dust originating in Northern Africa...However, the Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5 °C and the IPCC Fifth Assessment Report indicatee that a drying is a more likely outcome of 1.5 °C (2.7 °F) of global warming in most of the Sahel and Ethiopia, with a wetter climate predicted mainly in Somalia and complicated and often uncertain precipitation changes elsewhere.[459][460]

Bad news for the rest of Africa though :gaasdrink:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_humid_period

So buy your auntie a new car, not electric, and you’re doing your part. :russ:

I applaud your reforestation efforts, but it seems to me that just stopping the export charcoal trade would also help hugely. Check out what's left after a charcoal operation:

http://piracyreport.com/index.php/post/1426/Charcoal_Trade_Stripping_Somalia_of_Trees

upload_2019-2-3_6-56-0.png

The article goes on and is worth reading.

SlimFarax

Sheegatoslayer
Having rivers in the south has helped us maintain our green habitat.

However in the north desertification is a issue that can only be combatted by a unified response by all peoples to plant trees and limit grazing to certain areas.

It has always beenbaadiyo, where's the '''desertification'

Your acting like the north was some kind of tropical paradise

I do agree with making the rivers permanent etc laakin you guys need to calm down with the revisionism

It has always beenbaadiyo, where's the '''desertification'

Your acting like the north was some kind of tropical paradise

I do agree with making the rivers permanent etc laakin you guys need to calm down with the revisionism
The north wasn't a green paradise recently but the whole earth was green until man interfered and created environmental hazards such as desertification and deforestation.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
That's because Bantus cultivate their lands while Somalis just xaar on it and their livestock eat and xaar on it after it has rained.

You think anybody gives a damn about environment :mjlol: Even in the west few people care. People back home just tryna chew there khat and chill.

Dozens of african countries got plans to stop the Sahara by planting shit near it at the sahel

China been fighting the March of the gobi desert by planting and damn near terraforming

Somalia doesnt have time to think about now let alone the future

Trending

Latest posts