SOMALIA IS LITTERLY BECOMING A DESERT

Our economy is one of the worst of Africa and on top of that
SOMALIA IS BECOMING A DESERT and no one gives a damn
20190130_223719.png
how Somalia used to look like a 100 years ago

Screenshot_20190130-202612.png
how parts of Somalia look like today those Bantus are maybe poor but the lands they are living on are more valuable than most European countries or in the world. Can't say the same about us unfortunately

Our economy is one of the worst of Africa and on top of that
SOMALIA IS BECOMING A DESERT and no one gives a damnView attachment 64460 how Somalia used to look like a 100 years ago

View attachment 64462 how parts of Somalia look like today those Bantus are maybe poor but the lands they are living on are more valuable than most European countries or in the world. Can't say the same about us unfortunately
Thank you for tagging me in. Yes it is concerning that the rate desertification is happening in our country is speeding up. However all of this can be reversed if somalis start taking this issue seriously.

Firstly overgrazing and nomadic habits will have to be closely monitored and confined to certain areas by government decree. We need to slowly move our ppl from an nomadic lifestyle to a agriculturalist and farming suited one and government officials need to implement some incentives to encourage the locals. We could easily resurrect old dried up river basins like the nugaal river and have forests all over the north of somalia and grasslands in puntland. If israel and india can do it then the next generation of somalis can definitely achieve such a feat. We are at a crucial point in time right now! either this generation helps to pave the way for our generation or they continue to waste the countries aid money and resources on useless projects and leave us with nothing to pick up from.

135-2.jpg

I'm just asking my self when will the Somali community talk about this before Somalia will look like a thirdworld Saudi arabia

Thank you for tagging me in. Yes it is concerning that the rate desertification is happening in our country is speeding up. However all of this can be reversed if somalis start taking this issue seriously.

Firstly overgrazing and nomadic habits will have to be closely monitored and confined to certain areas by government decree. We need to slowly move our ppl from an nomadic lifestyle to a agriculturalist and farming suited one and government officials need to implement some incentives to encourage the locals. We could easily resurrect old dried up river basins like the nugaal river and have forests all over the north of somalia and grasslands in puntland. If israel and india can do it then the next generation of somalis can definitely achieve such a feat. We are at a crucial point in time right now! either this generation helps to pave the way for our generation or they continue to waste the countries aid money and resources on useless projects and leave us with nothing to pick up from.

135-2.jpg
I know it's not a one day thing but when will our government take action or at least slow it a bit

I'm just asking my self when will the Somali community talk about this before Somalia will look like a thirdworld Saudi arabia
The locals are zombies forget about them! what i've been doing is trying to get funding for a summer project to plant trees around local villages in the north to try to encourage the re-greening of somalia. More trees will mean more rainfall and more rainfall will mean more grass will grow and shrubs that will cover the ground and slow down desertification.

I Will email some millianaires and somali entrepreneurs and see if i can get some funding for such a project. Honestlyt at this rate the sahara will be more green that somalia.

I know it's not a one day thing but when will our government take action or at least slow it a bit
It doesn't even cost more than a million to plant a few trees in each region. This alone will cool down the climate and encourage more evapotranspiration.

The locals are zombies forget about them! what i've been doing is trying to get funding for a summer project to plant trees around local villages in the north to try to encourage the re-greening of somalia. More trees will mean more rainfall and more rainfall will mean more grass will grow and shrubs that will cover the ground and slow down desertification.

I Will email some millianaires and somali entrepreneurs and see if i can get some funding for such a project. Honestlyt at this rate the sahara will be more green that somalia.
The locals are the worst they can do anything not knowing it will harm them in a way they need first to enforce the law

It doesn't even cost more than a million to plant a few trees in each region. This alone will cool down the climate and encourage more evapotranspiration.
I think we first need to educate the locals about deforestation and the consequences of it and our decreasing wildlife

The desertification of our lands definitely needs to be reversed. I wish to see a Somaliweyn that is as green & lush as our precious Cal Madow mountain range:
photo-lamadaya-waterfalls-cal-madow-somalia-36319-xl.jpg

1173814_927763453937810_2397707771055711658_n.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

Our people/race depends on the vitality & health of our land.

The desertification of our lands definitely needs to be reversed. I wish to see a Somaliweyn that is as green & lush as our precious Cal Madow mountain range:

mqdefault.jpg

Our people/race depends on taking care of our land.
We depend a lot on our environment if Somalia becomes a desert we are doomed we can't afford a desert we aren't Qatar or Saudi Arabia we don't have that much oil or it isn't discovered yet

We depend a lot on our environment if Somalia becomes a desert we are doomed we can't afford a desert we aren't Qatar or Saudi Arabia we don't have that much oil or it isn't discovered yet
Agreed. We need to become an agricultural powerhouse so that we can achieve food production self-sufficiency and also export our surplus production abroad.

mqdefault.jpg

Our people/race depends on the vitality & health of our land.
My family are the protectors of Silsilada Golis ama Cal Madow.
Plus if you want to help. Planting trees cost 3 dollars a plant. Send money to your tuulos . 50 equals 17 trees

My family are the protectors of Silsilada Golis ama Cal Madow.
Plus if you want to help. Planting trees cost 3 dollars a plant. Send money to your tuulos . 50 equals 17 trees
Incredible but I do rather plant trees in other parts I know cal madow is not as green as it used to be but other parts need it more

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
So I've found this video. It might help you guys.

I'm concerned about the desertification of the Horn of Africa and i think we can achieve great if 1) we work. Yes, everyone wants to have a farm and a green land but most people are dumb and they prefer fighting over clans. 2) we need a more organised society in which women and children are involved. We need to bring EVERYONE in! China knows about the reserve the desertification.
http://english.forestry.gov.cn/inde...nd-sands&catid=14:desert-ecosystem&Itemid=115
And 3) everyone should learn agriculture and its basics.

So I've found this video. It might help you guys.

I'm concerned about the desertification of the Horn of Africa and i think we can achieve great if 1) we work. Yes, everyone wants to have a farm and a green land but most people are dumb and they prefer fighting over clans. 2) we need a more organised society in which women and children are involved. We need to bring EVERYONE in! China knows about the reserve the desertification.
http://english.forestry.gov.cn/inde...nd-sands&catid=14:desert-ecosystem&Itemid=115
And 3) everyone should learn agriculture and its basics.
The Chinese can stay away f*cking poachers we can easely find a solution on our own but we can take Spain as an example Spain had not long ago
Problems with desertification

Trending

Latest posts