Somalia intelligence overhaul, National ID card being created with help of USA

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
The Al shabaab will avoid phones. But I hope the use it to control corruption of the officials.
They can barely function without phones. It's happened before where they switched to motorcycles couriers carrying letters but terror operations moved to a crawl.

If they return to motorcycle couriers, Americans will be able to more easily locate their important members by looking at who receives the mail from the sky.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Where is the Italian?

So Arabic and English are the only foreign languages that matter now in Somalia? :hmm:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Somalia
Italian was the only official language in Italian Somaliland for nearly 70 years and later - during the Trusteeship period - was official together with the Somali. After 1960 independence, the Italian remained official for another dozen years. Italian was later declared an official language again by the Transitional Federal Government along with English in 2004. But, in 2012, they were later removed by the establishments of the Provisional Constitution by the Federal Government of Somalia leaving Somali and Arabic as the only official languages.

Italian is a legacy of the Italian colonial period of Somalia when it was part of the Italian Empire. Italian was the mother tongue of the Italian settlers of Somalia.

Although it was the primary language since colonial rule, Italian continued to be used among the country's ruling elite even after 1960 independence when it continued to remain as an official language. It is estimated that more than 200,000 native Somalis (nearly 20% of the total population of former Somalia italiana) were fluent speaking Italian when independence was declared in 1960.

After a military coup in 1969, all foreign entities were nationalized by Siad Barre (who spoke Italian fluently), including Mogadishu's principal university, which was renamed 'Jaamacadda Ummadda Soomaliyeed' (Somali National University). This marked the initial decline of the use of Italian in Somalia.

However, Italian is still widely spoken by the elderly, the educated, and by the governmental officials of Somalia. Prior to the Somali civil war, Mogadishu still had an Italian-language school, but was later destroyed by the conflict.
Ignore the last paragraph as it's a barefaced lie.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Am I a free man or not? If I'm a slave then I'm a slave. However if I am free, no one has a right to infringe on my privacy or freedoms. If you don't understand that this conversation should end.

Everyone is spied upon only the people outside the systems and digital life are excluded.

Everyone else is fucked

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
This would also be good for getting a census plus transitioning to 1 man 1 vote national elections.

Imagine how many langaab groups that are about to be exposed:pachah1:

f*ck privacy and liberty.. They could implement an all seeing eye for all I care.. If that's what it takes to expose the cowards who are sending suicide bombers.
So you want to create a monster no matter the cost. Let's say this bureaucratic behemoth does the noble work of exposing Al Shabaab. They're captured and killed. Now what?

Do we destroy the beast we made or do the people in charge use it to keep their power? To abuse it. To ensure they rob us all and all decent is silenced. You want no freedoms. This is the Orwellian nightmare you want. Go ahead and leave to China where its being built right now.

Everyone is spied upon only the people outside the systems and digital life are excluded.

Everyone else is fucked
Clearly you haven't read the proposals. It's compulsory for all people inside the country. The biometric data will be taken from all. However I guess you're talking about phone calls and emails. Do we have to live in a primitive less advanced way of life to avoid spying? You think if the government would let me and the average Abdi not get out handwritten letters passed on? Wouldn't al shabaab so the same thing? Just adapt to more primitive means to evade the government.

I fully understand you guys have good intentions in your hearts but they're not well thought out at all

Diaspora ambassador

VIP
Clearly you haven't read the proposals. It's compulsory for all people inside the country. The biometric data will be taken from all. However I guess you're talking about phone calls and emails. Do we have to live in a primitive less advanced way of life to avoid spying? You think if the government would let me and the average Abdi not get out handwritten letters passed on? Wouldn't al shabaab so the same thing? Just adapt to more primitive means to evade the government.

I fully understand you guys have good intentions in your hearts but they're not well thought out at all

I wasn't talking about the somali gov more about the world elite spying on every soul on earth no one is spared unless you are powerfull enough to keep yourself from the systems

I wasn't talking about the somali gov more about the world elite spying on every soul on earth no one is spared unless you are powerfull enough to keep yourself from the systems
So you're moving the goalposts...

The entire thread is about increase that worldwide spying apparatus. If you don't allow spying in Somalia no one can spy. If you don't collect biometric data no one outside the borders will be able to magically collect fingerprints.

Diaspora ambassador

VIP
So you're moving the goalposts...

The entire thread is about increase that worldwide spying apparatus. If you don't allow spying in Somalia no one can spy. If you don't collect biometric data no one outside the borders will be able to magically collect fingerprints.

Bruh in what universe did i say that i am against it? Or that i don't allow spying in somalia? Bruh if you don't bother to read the post you reply on, please don't reply at all.

Bruh in what universe did i say that i am against it? Or that i don't allow spying in somalia? Bruh if you don't bother to read the post you reply on, please don't reply at all.
You know what... I give up. You struggle to follow a simple conversation. I'll just remember to dumb down everything I say when speaking to you.

Diaspora ambassador

VIP
You know what... I give up. You struggle to follow a simple conversation. I'll just remember to dumb down everything I say when speaking to you.

Dumb down what go read my posts and come to your senses. Or do you randomly choose a post than make your own version of the post, to try to portrait me as dumb?

This might have worked on a uneducated person. This shit doesn't work on me i have had conversations with dumb people but this is most certainly the most weird fucked up conversation I've ever had in my life

Dumb down what go read my posts and come to your senses. Or do you randomly choose a post than make your own version of the post, to try to portrait me as dumb?

This might have worked on a uneducated person. This shit doesn't work on me i have had conversations with dumb people but this is most certainly the most weird fucked up conversation I've ever had in my life
Yh keep telling yourself that

Diaspora ambassador

VIP
Well if I saw someone who had the symptoms of dementia and followed the procedures to test for it, then I can say I'm pretty confident the person has dementia. So............

Actually my internship is about dementia it is safe to say that i have learned much on this subject. What you need to do is read a post, understand that post and finally reply on that post if you feel like it. If you want to troll own it.

Don't try to hammer in that you won a debate if you didn't it is just sad.

You might want to look at your post after a little while to see how dumb this shit is.

Trending