Somalia election 2016 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
So basically somaliland runs it?
In reality they control las anod only there fake government outside of it doesn't have much control hence why fight are happening between them and local militia over territory in whole sool 4 villages and las anod is what they in reality control while in sanaag everything west of the capital is controlled by sl everything east mjland or local militia

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
The conference on the 2016 election has ended in disarray Puntland has refused the FGS recommendation, and has insisted on the scrapping of the 4.5 formula as per the Garowe I and II accords. Cumar Buur has turned out to be a in the service of Hawiye and has sided with Culusow. Ahmed Madoobe has done the same thing. Both supported the 4.5 formula and switched positions at the last minute. Gaas is the only politician working in the interest of the people of Puntland/Jubaland..
This recommendation will certainly not go through due to Puntland's refusal and the illegitimacy of Culusow's government which does not even control all of the capital.

Puntland needs to hold direct elections for its parliament and demonstrate to the wider world that it is a capable and willing implementer of democracy in Somalia. We need to cut these stupid ties with Mogadishu that gain us nothing and instead focus on internal political development. Engaging with the south politically right now is a waste of precious time. All of these conferences will lead nowhere and change nothing on the ground. That time is better spent creating an electoral system and registering voters within Puntland.

http://puntlandone.com/2016/01/27/a...aray-shirka-muqdisho-ee-puntland-ka-hortimid/

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
This new system will not even work, it is designed not to work. The Upper House cannot be created out of thin air, the 54 seats cannot be divided by federal state. Galmudug which is 1.5 states cannot have the same representation as Jubaland which is 3 states and Puntland which is spread across 6 states. The 54 seats of the upper house were meant to be divided along the lines of the 18 states, with 3 for each. Ahmed Madoobe sold his people short, Jubaland should have gotten at least 9 seats, but he chose to make himself equal with Galmudug which is not even a legitimate federal state.

Odeg

Gedo
Mac sonkor PL. We saw Puntlands oppposition to Saacid and Abdiweli Sheikh and how they lobbied for one of their own and now Halyeey Cumar has signed away 4.5 and Blackie betrayed them.

Last edited:

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
Mac sonkor PL. We saw Puntlands oppposition to Saacid and Abdiweli Sheikh and how they lobbied for one of their own and now Halyeey Cumar has signed away 4.5 and Blackie betrayed them.
You got it all wrong because PL supported saacid and abdiweli, dont forget who approved the last payment for bosaso airport.

You do realize Puntland is run by the people of Puntland and not a single politician right? Whether Fatboy Cumar or Gurgurte sign in the 4.5 or not, it doesn't really concern Puntland. Puntland can close it's southern border and not a single "Federal Government" politician from Mogadishu would be able to cross Puntland's southern border in Mudug. As for Blackie, the people of Jubbaland have shown their disagreement with him. He's just a one man-politician, currently the President of Jubbaland. He shot himself on the foot with his move and will loose his seat. That's that. Jubbaland and Puntland are twins. The people want the same thing and no politician from either side can go in between them.

Odeg

Gedo
You do realize Puntland is run by the people of Puntland and not a single politician right? Whether Fatboy Cumar or Gurgurte sign in the 4.5 or not, it doesn't really concern Puntland. Puntland can close it's southern border and not a single "Federal Government" politician from Mogadishu would be able to cross Puntland's southern border in Mudug. As for Blackie, the people of Jubbaland have shown their disagreement with him. He's just a one man-politician, currently the President of Jubbaland. He shot himself on the foot with his move and will loose his seat. That's that. Jubbaland and Puntland are twins. The people want the same thing and no politician from either side can go in between them.
I am jubbalander and no the people of puntland and jubbaland dont want the same thing. Its just that Madoobe has been in bed politically with Puntland. I don't recognize JL admin to be honest its supported by Kenyan tanks and not the people. Puntland is run by one person and thats Abdiweli gaas at the moment.

I am jubbalander and no the people of puntland and jubbaland dont want the same thing. Its just that Madoobe has been in bed politically with Puntland. I don't recognize JL admin to be honest its supported by Kenyan tanks and not the people. Puntland is run by one person and thats Abdiweli gaas at the moment.
:lol: The people of Puntland and the people of Jubbaland are mainly the same. Harti, Leelkase, Awrtable live in Jubbaland along with Absame and Sade. Also, Harti, Leelkase, Awrtable and Mareexaan live in Puntland. Potato Patato, it's the same shit mate. Kismaayo iyo Garoowe, Garbaharrey iyo Buuhoodle are literally the same, the same family live in the areas I mentioned.

You are the most Daroodnimo patriot. Can I ask, has Puntland abandoned Sool and Sanaag? Can I also ask, why have the people of Sool and Sanaag abandoned Puntland?
Puntland IS Sool and Sanaag. When you ask me, "Has Puntland abandoned Sool and Sanaag?" it's like asking me, "Have you abandon yourself?" Of course not. Few minorities that have been misguided do not represent the people.

Puntland IS Sool and Sanaag. When you ask me, "Has Puntland abandoned Sool and Sanaag?" it's like asking me, "Have you abandon yourself?" Of course not. Few minorities that have been misguided do not represent the people.
Im just curious why Puntland allows Soll+Sanaag to be militarily occupied by SL. Even though its just DBH men employed by the SL army, and thus wearing the SL uniform. What is Puntland's official position on this disputed territory these days.

Also maybe you can help me brush up on information. Im going to list Darood clans by population, highest to lowest, and the regions they live in. correct my mistakes and fill in the blanks, and let me know if Im forgetting any big clans that are relevant when trying to understand Somali politics.

Harti/Majeertein live in Bari, Nugaal, Mudug
Absame/Ogaden live in K5 (Ethiopia), Lower Juba, Middle Juba, Gedo, Bay, Bakool
Sade/Mareexan live in K5, Lower Juba, Middle Juba, Gedo, Bay, Bakool
Harti/Dhulbahante live in K5, Sool, Lower Juba
Harti/Warsangeli live in Sanaag, Bari
Leelkase live in ?
Harti/Dashiishe live in Bari
Awrtable live in ?
Absame/Jidwaq live in K5

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
What is the chance of the next president being Hawiye?

It is almost a sure thing now, close to 95%. After the Garowe agreement and the HLPF meeting in Xamar, it was agreed that presidents of federal states would have the power to sign off or reject MPs nominated by a clan within their maamul. Xasan Sheikh has already managed to put his boy Abdikarim Guleed in Galmudug, and is working overtime to put in a friendly guy in Hiraan-Shabelle. Shariif Xasan will make sure not to select MPs who would vote for a Darood candidate. Meaning that the majority of the MPs will be handpicked by Culusow to represent Mogadishu or by the allies he has put in place.

Hawiye only think of "how can we keep any Darood out of power at any cost", this has led to Culusow having a good chance at reelection. I don't even think Somalia can take another 4 years of Culusow, the country will fragment again before that.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
It is almost a sure thing now, close to 95%. After the Garowe agreement and the HLPF meeting in Xamar, it was agreed that presidents of federal states would have the power to sign off or reject MPs nominated by a clan within their maamul. Xasan Sheikh has already managed to put his boy Abdikarim Guleed in Galmudug, and is working overtime to put in a friendly guy in Hiraan-Shabelle. Shariif Xasan will make sure not to select MPs who would vote for a Darood candidate. Meaning that the majority of the MPs will be handpicked by Culusow to represent Mogadishu or by the allies he has put in place.

Hawiye only think of "how can we keep any Darood out of power at any cost", this has led to Culusow having a good chance at reelection. I don't even think Somalia can take another 4 years of Culusow, the country will fragment again before that.

Ok.I see basically everyone is against darood president, the stage is for Hawiye to run run around waste of time and no progress. Thanks for the info I have lost interest in Somalia.
lol

Hubble

VIP
Ok.I see basically everyone is against darood president, the stage is for Hawiye to run run around waste of time and no progress. Thanks for the info I have lost interest in Somalia.
lol

If the capital moved to Kismaayo or Garowe Reer Xamar would be happy. The building of the ports, the Turkish development of new houses etc are going to remain in Hawiye hands. The only chance Darod have is if they somehow moved the capital and thus won't rule over Hawiyes prize asset, Mogadishu.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
If the capital moved to Kismaayo or Garowe Reer Xamar would be happy. The building of the ports, the Turkish development of new houses etc are going to remain in Hawiye hands. The only chance Darod have is if they somehow moved the capital and thus won't rule over Hawiyes prize asset, Mogadishu.

So the capital city of Somalia Mogadishu belongs to specific clan Hawiye? All the built houses will belong to particular clan? And why aren't Turkey helping other regions? I mean sharing the aid will make people get closer.

Hubble

VIP
So the capital city of Somalia Mogadishu belongs to specific clan Hawiye? All the built houses will belong to particular clan? And why aren't Turkey helping other regions? I mean sharing the aid will make people get closer.

That's the current state of affairs. The elders wanted the region to be like the other clan states where Hawiye live under other clans patronage. It's called returning the favour Loool

Turkey know that the civil war took a beating on Mogadishu in particular so they want to revamp it so the country becomes like it's former self. Mogadishu is the key to peace. It's the city the world looks at first, if it loses it's notoriety Somalia will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts