Somalia: Clan wars over power will end soon.

The best thing to come out of this "one man, one vote" situation is that every ethnic Somali will be registered and can only vote ONCE in national elections.
This means that clans will no longer be incentivised to fight meaningless battles for "political power".

In addition, the number of MPs for local districts will be based on indigenous/native populaces as it is now for every Federal region, so all these silly battles over who lives where and who will "capture" what, will come to an end very soon.

It will no longer be about "who has the power/weapons" and about how many people you can actually register to vote.

I hope it will be biometric so that there isn't cheating.

The best thing to come out of this "one man, one vote" situation is that every ethnic Somali will be registered and can only vote ONCE in national elections.
This means that clans will no longer be incentivised to fight meaningless battles for "political power".

In addition, the number of MPs for local districts will be based on indigenous/native populaces as it is now for every Federal region, so all these silly battles over who lives where and who will "capture" what, will come to an end very soon.

It will no longer be about "who has the power/weapons" and about how many people you can actually register to vote.

Alot of minorities will get angry if we have one man one votes lmao.

:mybusiness::mybusiness:

When is Mr Cheese or gonna allow 1p1v with no 4.5 formula?

Alot of minorities will get angry if we have one man one votes lmao.

:mybusiness::mybusiness:
As someone from a minority clan I can safely say I welcome 1p1v over the unprincipled indignation that is 4.5.
Tbh I'd prefer no political representation at all over being considered a 0.5. With 4.5 I may or may not be over-represented vis a vis my actual numbers but at what cost?
I'd much rather be able to vote along party-lines or in a block with people I'm actually politically aligned with than being thrown into a pot with every other minority, despite having diverging interests. One is marginalising the other is actually empowering and enabling you to put your voice to good use, whether you get into a position of power or not.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
Somalia should have always been separate countries like the Khaleeji Arabs, cooperation and a NATO like army but that's it.

I say no to cooperation and NATO.
We must truly become independent from each other.
Let say Ethiopia attacks Puntland, South shouldnt help Puntland and vice versa.

Why should Puntland help Southland or Southland helping Puntland? It makes no sense at all