Somalia Before Islam (Ancient History of Eebe Waaq)

Muzaffer

๐•ฎ๐–”๐–’๐–—๐–†๐–‰๐–Š ๐•ฒ๐–Š๐–“๐–Š๐–—๐–†๐–‘

Muzaffer

Does that mean our ancestors are gaal. Shiieeeet.
well before Islam
giphy.gif

Muzaffer

Our ancestors were also yahud too? Today I learnt...
as people who border the Ethiopians who were Christians and Jews, it wouldn't be surprised if we had some jews and Christians Somalis

I see quite a few Somalis online trying to reconnect with our ancestors who worship waaq. Then again so little is known about the belief system of waaq making it difficult I guess.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
I think weโ€™d still be backwards iq 68 if Islam didnโ€™t come along. Prolonged exposure to civilized countries is what we needed. Colonization ended too early

Shimbiris

ุจู‰ูŽุฑ ุบู‰ูŽู„ ุฅูŠุค ุนุขู†ุค ู„ุค
VIP
I see quite a few Somalis online trying to reconnect with our ancestors who worship waaq. Then again so little is known about the belief system of waaq making it difficult I guess.

A lot is actually known through Oromos, some of whom still practice it:

as people who border the Ethiopians who were Christians and Jews, it wouldn't be surprised if we had some jews and Christians Somalis

There is no real "Judaism" in the Horn of Africa. Beta Israels were just practicing their own, unique form of Ethiopian orthodoxy due to being a low-caste, socially ostracized group because they were artisans like stonemasons. They had no history of using Hebrew as a liturgical language unlike Yemeni Jews, they instead used Ge'ez like any other Ethiopian Orthodox group and sometimes their own Agaw dialects written in Ge'ez. Recent genetic studies have also shown they really have no link with other Jews in terms of auDNA or Y-DNA that doesn't appear in other Horners; in fact, their Christian Tigray and Amhara neighbors have slightly stronger affinities toward Jews and MENAs than them. The Kebre Negast is also a nonsensical fairytale that would have us believe the Aksumite Kings were Jews prior to Christianity when we know they were pagans who literally styled themselves as the sons of a pagan God:

"The pre-Christian kings whose inscriptions have come down to us called themselves `son of the invincible god Mahrem', the royal tutelary deity, and thus asserted their own claim to divine honours; they may also have been high-priests of the state cult." - Aksum - An African Civilisation of Late Antiquity by Stuart Munro-Hay

Rabbis didn't even used to accept Beta Israels as real Jews, from what I gather. And for understandable reasons. It's really a weird kerfuffle that they ever got into Israel. About as weird as Arabs letting us into the Arab League.

A lot is actually known through Oromos, some of whom still practice it:

There is no real "Judaism" in the Horn of Africa. Beta Israels were just practicing their own, unique form of Ethiopian orthodoxy due to being a low-caste, socially ostracized group because they were artisans like stonemasons. They had no history of using Hebrew as a liturgical language unlike Yemeni Jews, they instead used Ge'ez like any other Ethiopian Orthodox group and sometimes their own Agaw dialects written in Ge'ez. Recent genetic studies have also shown they really have no link with other Jews in terms of auDNA or Y-DNA that doesn't appear in other Horners; in fact, their Christian Tigray and Amhara neighbors have slightly stronger affinities toward Jews and MENAs than them. The Kebre Negast is also a nonsensical fairytale that would have us believe the Aksumite Kings were Jews prior to Christianity when we know they were pagans who literally styled themselves as the sons of a pagan God:

"The pre-Christian kings whose inscriptions have come down to us called themselves `son of the invincible god Mahrem', the royal tutelary deity, and thus asserted their own claim to divine honours; they may also have been high-priests of the state cult." - Aksum - An African Civilisation of Late Antiquity by Stuart Munro-Hay

Rabbis didn't even used to accept Beta Israels as real Jews, from what I gather. And for understandable reasons. It's really a weird kerfuffle that they ever got into Israel. About as weird as Arabs letting us into the Arab League.
Ahhh I guess I was wrong then. More love to them I guess for trying to reconnect with our ancestors.

I wonder if our ancestors before islam went to jannah :bell:

I would think that whoever followed the Monotheistic faith that was passed on by a Messenger of Allah is surely a believer.

And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): "Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghut (all false deities, etc. i.e., do not worship Taghut besides Allah)." Then of them were some whom Allah guided and of them were some upon whom the straying was justified. So travel through the land and see what was the end of those who denied (the truth). (Qur'รขn 16:36)

No, Caadans and maadows werenโ€™t monotheistic before the introduction of Christianity, Islam and Judaism. Somalia has always believed in one god . Thatโ€™s awesome

It is awesome and it shows that Somalis were always Allah fearing people.

Suggesting they followed the Prophet that was sent to their predecessors and they were obedient to Allah SWT and that's why Islam was accepted as it was a natural process from one Monotheistic faith to another.