Somali women, SJW, BLM feminist says we were enslaved by Arabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I do wanna claim Puntland doe :browtf:

If that brings a history of slavery and/or enslavement along with it so be it wallahi I'll allow :drakekidding:

But ya best prove it :pachah1:

Did you actually read what you posted...What you posted is from the book "Slavery in the Arab World" and the author says
“By the beginning of the fifteenth century, the East Coast had achieved a modest degree of urban growth. Along the coastal strip between the Kilwa group of islands and Mogadishu, some thirty-seven twons managed to develop and maintain a degree of prosperity and urbanity. Because they were more conscious of their differences than what they shared in common, they were never able to unite into a single confederate or state. Several of these towns, notably Kilwa and Mogadishu [two different towns] and to a lesser extent, Mombasa, prospered. Islam, which managed to take hold on the coast in the thirteenth century, was the religion that people of these towns professed. [That means the majority of them embraced Islam]. When Ibn Battuta came to the coast in 1331, he chose to visit Kilwa and Mogadishu [Again two different towns]. He could not help observe the piety of its inhabitants.

No less significant, Ibn Battuta was made aware of the large number of slavers that made up their populations. The sultan of Kilwa [This is not a Somali town, it’s a Swahili one], he noted, carried out frequent raids in search of slaves. So plenty were they that he presented twenty of them as a gift to an indigent fakir from Yemen. Both Kilwa and Mogadishu, in fact, owed part of their prosperity to the slaving activities carried on by their [individual] sultans.”

I never denied Somalia had slaves…so I really don’t even know why you’re talking about that. Just because someone had slaves, doesn’t mean Somalis weren’t sold. It’s called the “Arab” slave trade, not the “Somali” slave trade.

Another author talks about this book as well and I've included it. She says that the guy from the book you posted Muray Gordon, talks about how slaves were taken not only from Somalia, but Sudan, Egypt, and Ethiopia.

View attachment 11937 View attachment 11938 View attachment 11939 View attachment 11940
Mogadishu isn't a Somali city?

Find me a source that says Somalis or any other people sold Somalis into slavery. Because you have no evidence backing up your claim, while I've provided countless that contradict and correct your claim.
Serge Bilé cites a 12th-century text which tells us that most well-to-do families in Canton had black slaves whom they regarded as savages and demons because of their physical appearance. Although Chinese slave traders bought slaves (Seng Chi i.e. the Zanj[9]) from Arab intermediaries and "stocked up" directly in coastal areas of present-day Somalia, the local Somalis(—referred to as Baribah and Barbaroi (Berbers) by medieval Arab and ancient Greek geographers, respectively, were no strangers to capturing, owning and trading slaves themselves[50]but were not among them:[118]
Oh the energy you've wasted to try and convince yourself Somalis were slaves. Sad.
No, not at all, although for some reason why Somalis take DNA tests, they say "South Eastern Bantu" Idk what that means.

First of all, why are you screaming? lol It's going to be okay, don't raise your blood pressure. And they have Somali DNA, one girl that I posted took the DNA test 4 months ago.

But let me ask you something...explain the history behind the word "Cush" or "Cushite" I think that'd be a really interesting topic. Some people used 23 and me and another used My Ancestry by the way...
*old and/or incorrect DNA tests show Somalis as mixed between Arab and Bantu. That is wrong. I've already told you that so idk why you're still talking about it. If you want to go into specifics and thousands of years back, we're a mix between Eurasian and local Cushitic people. Bantus came from WA into the rest of Africa, while we've always been in the Horn. But Somalis are not recently admixed, as in min. last 1400 years. We're an homogenous xenophobic group.

image.jpg

There was a South Cushitic group that got absorbed by migrating Bantus. They were primarily absorbed by Masaai, Tutsis etc.
The term Cushite derives from the ancient peoples of northeastern Africa, whose heritage can be traced most clearly in the languages descended from those of the ancient peoples. In broad terms the peoples now designated Cushite are the cultural descendants of those peoples.

However, the term Cushite is primarily a linguistic designation, the standard way of referencing people groups, with an ethno-linguistic designation. Languages have a much more stable and traceable identity and heritage than cultural groups. The Cushite peoples are thus those who speak languages of the Cushite cluster in the Afro-Asiatic family.

Have you taken a genetics course before? DNA has been jumping across continents in Africa for centuries, so I really don't understand why Somalis are so hurt if DNA tests say something, tbh I don't even use DNA tests because if you've taken a DNA course, you'd know they're not as reliable, but the only reason why I've brought it up is because Somalis like to bring up DNA to say "we're pure" when no one is a pure race. If we think about it in terms of how the Quran told us human came about, from Adam and Hawa, DNA is irrelevant and not a single person is "pure" because that's not really how DNA works...it's recorded by several sources that Arabs/Persian/Hindis have gone to East Africa. Look at the proximity...even in the Prophet's time, Arabs had constant contact with Ethiopians. "Somalia" or "Somali" is never mentioned in a single piece of Arab literature or hadiths at all.

View attachment 11961
Arabs and Persians who came to Mogadishu are the Reer Hamar today. They've assimilated and gained the Somali culture and mother tounge. That's it.

If you want to read about Somali DNA, read this.
http://anthromadness.blogspot.no/2015/07/horn-africans-mixture-between-east.html?m=1
And this too
http://anthromadness.blogspot.no/2016/05/using-somalis-as-proxy-second-attempt.html?m=1

It's a good read, using 'accurate 'information and not random guesstimates or complete lies.

Last edited:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Serge Bilé cites a 12th-century text which tells us that most well-to-do families in Canton had black slaves whom they regarded as savages and demons because of their physical appearance. Although Chinese slave traders bought slaves (Seng Chi i.e. the Zanj[9]) from Arab intermediaries and "stocked up" directly in coastal areas of present-day Somalia, the local Somalis(—referred to as Baribah and Barbaroi (Berbers) by medieval Arab and ancient Greek geographers, respectively, were no strangers to capturing, owning and trading slaves themselves[50]but were not among them:[118]
Sxb, that's all the proof you would have needed to give for someone who actually wants to know the truth, and are sincere. But these people are from that. They know they are wrong, but they have an agenda they are trying to push. History rebuts them, so they have to re-invent history to fit in with their African American pears. To the point where they even argue that light skin Somalis, like African American, are as a result of slavery. Very sad. All Somalis whether they are light or dark have the exact same DNA.

They are now changing the argument saying that Omanis enslaved Southern Somalis and sold them to Arabia, just because Omanis claimed parts of our ports such as Kismayo. Even saying that Omanis carried out raids in Southern Somalia in the 19th century.

We give them legitimacy when we engage them, as if they are our equals. They are far from that. Just a bunch of deranged SJW's who want to make themselves feel good when they are campaigning in BLM protests.

We Somalis reject them, and African Americans reject them. Wallahi, how lost are they? :mjlol:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Mogadishu isn't a Somali city?

Find me a source that says Somalis or any other people sold Somalis into slavery. Because you have no evidence backing up your claim, while I've provided countless that contradict and correct your claim.

Oh the energy you've wasted to try and convince yourself Somalis were slaves. Sad.

*old and/or incorrect DNA tests show Somalis as mixed between Arab and Bantu. That is wrong. I've already told you that so idk why you're still talking about it. If you want to go into specifics and thousands of years back, we're a mix between Eurasian and local Cushitic people. Bantus came from WA into the rest of Africa, while we've always been in the Horn. But Somalis are not recently admixed, as in min. last 1400 years. We're an homogenous xenophobic group.

View attachment 11963
There was a South Cushitic group that got absorbed by migrating Bantus. They were primarily absorbed by Masaai, Tutsis etc.

those groups aren't bantu they're nilotic.

but good sourcing nonetheless. i don't see anything that invalidates this.

Last edited:
those groups aren't bantu they're nilotic.
There was a Southern Cushitic group that got lost in history. They got absorbed by Nilotics abs Bantus, with some physical and linguistic traits carrying over. One of the remaining Southern Cushitic people are the Iraqw

An Iraqw man.
The Iraqw have traditionally been viewed as remnants of the Neolithic Afro-Asiatic peoples who introduced domesticated plants and animals to the Great Lakes region[1] — a succession of societies collectively known as the Stone Bowl cultural complex.[2] Most of these early northern migrants are believed to have been absorbed by later movements of Nilotic and Bantu peoples. In the Kerio Valley of Kenya, among other neighb

The Tutsi people are an example of assimilation of a now extinct Southern Cushitic group, like @Prince of Lasanod pointed out.
Modern-day genetic studies of the Y-chromosome generally indicate that the Tutsi, like the Hutu, are largely of Bantu extraction (60%E1b1a, 20% B, 4% E3). Paternal genetic influences associated with the Horn of Africaand North Africa are few (16% E1b1b), and are ascribed to much earlier inhabitants who were assimilated. However, the Tutsi have considerably more Nilo-Saharan paternal lineages (14.9% B) than the Hutu (4.3% B).[10]

Trombetta et al. (2015) found 22.2% of E1b1b in a small sample of Tutsis from Burundi, but no bearers of the haplogroup among the local Hutu and Twa populations.[11] The subclade was of the M293 variety, which suggests that the ancestors of Tutsis in this area may have assimilated some South Cushitic pastoralists.[12]
Though it varies between Tutsis, some can look extremely Cushitic, to the point they can be mistaken for Somalis or Oromos. That is the extreme case ofc.
image.jpg

But Tutsis are mostly Bantu today. The Masaai too have Cushitic DNA.
the Maasai, show multiple cluster assignments from the Nilo-Saharan (red) and Cushitic (dark purple) AACs, in accord with linguistic evidence of repeated Nilotic assimilation of Cushites over the past 3000 years and with the high frequency of a shared East African–specific mutation associated with lactose tolerance."[25]

The authors observed haplogroup E1b1b in 50% of the studied Maasai,[26] which is indicative of substantial gene flow from more northerly Cushitic males, who possess the haplogroup at high frequencies.[27]

Though with both the Tutsi and Masaai, they got Cushitic DNA from older extinct groups. We have none of their DNA, nor de we share the same culture. You'll see Tutsis score much higher on East African DNA than Bantus on the East African coast.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
There was a Southern Cushitic group that got lost in history. They got absorbed by Nilotics abs Bantus, with some physical and linguistic traits carrying over. One of the remaining Southern Cushitic people are the Iraqw

The Tutsi people are an example of assimilation of a now extinct Southern Cushitic group, like @Prince of Lasanod pointed out.
Though it varies between Tutsis, some can look extremely Cushitic, to the point they can be mistaken for Somalis or Oromos. That is the extreme case ofc. View attachment 11965

But Tutsis are mostly Bantu today. The Masaai too have Cushitic DNA.

Though with both the Tutsi and Masaai, they got Cushitic DNA from older extinct groups. We have none of their DNA, nor de we share the same culture. You'll see Tutsis score much higher on East African DNA than Bantus on the East African coast.

the tutsi are bantu actually you're right. but the masaai aren't from what i could gather.

the masaai cluster closely with us but because they're nilotic that absorption is longer and earlier than the bantu expansion itself. just naturally absorbing genes as populations moved around. same with the rendille who still maintain a cushitic language.

And the Iraqw did some absorbing themselves. Iirc they still cluster closer to us than others but have far more nilotic and bantu genes than we do.

being real african genetics is still flawed. a lot of work remains to be done.

and yeah we don't share their genes because we're isolated and we contested what land we had. and we were surrounded by pretty much other horners for the vast majority of our history. those extinct groups were not and got assimilated as a result.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
the tutsi are bantu actually you're right. but the masaai aren't from what i could gather.

the masaai cluster closely with us but because they're nilotic that absorption is longer and earlier than the bantu expansion itself. just naturally absorbing genes as populations moved around. same with the rendille who still maintain a cushitic language.

And the Iraqw did some absorbing themselves. Iirc they still cluster closer to us than others but have far more nilotic and bantu genes than we do.

being real african genetics is still flawed. a lot of work remains to be done.

and yeah we don't share their genes because we're isolated and we contested what land we had. and we were surrounded by pretty much other horners for the vast majority of our history. those extinct groups were not and got assimilated as a result.
Apparently there's an ethnic group in Tanzania that speaks a language called Ma'a/Mbugu that is mixed between Bantu and Cushitic and has a large Eastern Cushitic (Somali, Afar, Saho, etc) vocabulary.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mbugu_language
Pretty interesting :hmm:
We will return to our Cushitic-influenced descendants some day, the Somali Expansion would have meant that Somaliweyn = Djibouti to South Africa :ahh::banderas::friendhug:

All I said in my post, is to not take DNA tests seriously and I'm glad that you agree with me on that aspect.

Please don't use religious or spiritual texts as proof. The religion is there to guide me to heaven not to make claims on what or who is "pure".

Yes of course arabs/persians/hindis have travelled to somalia and somalis to arabia/persia/India but that doesn't mean there has been a wave of mass migration of these peoples to settle in Somalia, that is how you get a changing ethnic demographic. Only the Barawnis, reer Xamar have significant admixture of these peoples, and that is only because they are made up of the few merchants that had decided to settle in Somalia.

I am not emotionally invested in this argument, but I can see how other Somalis can get "butt hurt" because you put the cart before the horse. You have already formed your conclusion, and are trying to prove that. Rather than letting the evidence form your conclusion.

lol at religion is there to guide me to heaven not make claims on what or who is "pure" Islam, spiritually has no concept of race because we're souls and when we die our physical will fade into the ground. I only brought that up to say there's no such thing as a pure race because we all come from one source, that's not even religious, it's a fact. But anyways, I learned about who came to Somalia from Mohamed Haji Mukhtar in the book he made called the Historical Dictionary of Somalia, he talks about Persians and Arabs settling in Somalia. How could you not believe Arabs didn't have contact with modern day Somalia when in Arabic literature Arabs were in constant contact with Ethiopia and the Horn of Africa is a skip aware from Arabia, like really please look at a map, but anyways here the book, It's online in pdf [X].

Map that Can be Used of Somalia.jpg

lol at religion is there to guide me to heaven not make claims on what or who is "pure" Islam, spiritually has no concept of race because we're souls and when we die our physical will fade into the ground. I only brought that up to say there's no such thing as a pure race because we all come from one source, that's not even religious, it's a fact. But anyways, I learned about who came to Somalia from Mohamed Haji Mukhtar in the book he made called the Historical Dictionary of Somalia, he talks about Persians and Arabs settling in Somalia. How could you not believe Arabs didn't have contact with modern day Somalia when in Arabic literature Arabs were in constant contact with Ethiopia and the Horn of Africa is a skip aware from Arabia, like really please look at a map, but anyways here the book, It's online in pdf [X].

First of all. Thanks for the book, I am always looking for new and interesting things to read.

How could you not believe Arabs didn't have contact with modern day Somalia when in Arabic literature Arabs were in constant contact with Ethiopia and the Horn of Africa is a skip aware from Arabia, like really please look at a map

You keep doing this over and over, putting words into my mouth or misconstrue what I had said.

I did not ever make the claim that Some arabs and Persians did not settle on the Somali Coast, we have proof of that in several tribes, (cadcads, brawanis, etc etc). Who look different and also have slightly different cultures and dialects.

You keep trying to prove that all Somalis are just bantus mixed with arabs, which we are clearly not. We are own ethnic group and there are over 2000 distinct ethnic groups in Africa. You should rejoice and celebrate our inherent uniqueness.

LMAO wallahi can we throw these annoying ass SJWs out of the ethnic group?

Annoying as hell, Somali SJWs are parasites. They got no real issues so they focus their efforts are generating bs. I swear I hate this bish, spoiled heffer. She really wants all black people to have that slave narrative, f*ck ha!

LMAO wallahi can we throw these annoying ass SJWs out of the ethnic group?

Annoying as hell, Somali SJWs are parasites. They got no real issues so they focus their efforts are generating bs. I swear I hate this bish, spoiled heffer. She really wants all black people to have that slave narrative, f*ck ha!

Actually they have plenty of issues to be outraged about. They just prefer to waste their time caping for madow people or Arabs.

Actually they have plenty of issues to be outraged about. They just prefer to waste their time caping for madow people or Arabs.
I have nothing against capping for madows, since we're black but they take it to another LEVEL. They want us to also have a history of "struggle", when in reality prior to the civil war/colonization our existence was pretty fine. I think a lot of SJWs romanticize slavery and think it builds character or something. Which is really freaking sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts