Somali women must get 50% of all political seats.

Tell me hablo, gabdho, haween... why Somali women don't band together and get this nation together?

Somali men are intent on marginalising women politically and they cite all sorts of dubious rules but at the same time, Somali women back home are the ones operating small businesses or even at times, doing manual labour.

So, if Somali women are forced to work in the public and private sphere, why on earth do we allow these males to sideline us politically?

When warfare happens, Somali men get killed, which is a dignified way to go, but Somali women and girls, are raped and left to suffer all sorts of physical, emotional and psychological scars.

Somali women are the ones left behind to raise and protect families. If we take a census, I bet Somali women are more than 50% of Somalia's population.

I say all this to say, Somali women must protest nationwide and fight to get 50%, not less, of ALL political seats in all Federal states.

Just a few examples of brilliant Somali women fit to lead Somalia in high-ranking positions.

Dr Maryan Qaasim, Ashraaf, former Education Minister

CCkkdHlWMAAwais.jpg

Fatima Jibrell, Warsangeli, famous environmentalist with a successful NGO

2002_fatima_jibrell_orb-1-379x500.jpg

Somalia must have had a matriarchal history, I don't think Arawello is a myth, I think we actually had a female ruler. Maybe Arawello was the Queen Hatsheput of the Land of Punt.

Whatever, you all see how strong Somali women are, they rule the nest, unlike other ethnic groups where the men even make decisions on how the house is managed.

If we had a truly patriarchal society, there would be more merit for what sexist Somali males have to say about power-sharing but we know it's bullshit. Don't let these people who have been brainwashed by patriarchal Arabs try to cite the religion, they are cherry-picking what they want and don't want.

Somali women even manage the family finances through ayuuto, hagbad, shaloongo or whatever you call it.
Tell me why a woman who does EVERYTHING in society, is not allowed to hold equal political power!

Somalia needs nurturing, maternal energy. Time for a revolution. Let's take our 50%!

This is the honestly quite ridiculous. No seat should be secured for any particular gender, race, or any other form of identity, they need to be voted by the public, and if women end up making 50% then there is no issue, however already giving those seats before hand as if because they share the same gender with 50% of the public means they are politically aligned with them is absurd. Remember female politicians supporting the supposed "child marriage" bill and the outrage by female somalis? Identity politics, affirmative action like programs will not and will never solve Somalia's problems.

I think i said on another post that we should elect based on credentials and merits, and i still firmly believe that position.

If Somali men want to remain in power they have to prove they are capable and not look at what is between their legs. If they want to be seen as leaders then they should lead or step down for capable women to do the job. Women already play a key role in family life, education and the economy.

Since this rape and paedophilia crisis began we haven't seen the justices deserved and women will push for a further role in politics. It's the only way to get the country back on the right path.

This is the honestly quite ridiculous. No seat should be secured for any particular gender, race, or any other form of identity, they need to be voted by the public, and if women end up making 50% then there is no issue, however already giving those seats before hand as if because they share the same gender with 50% of the public means they are politically aligned with them is absurd. Remember female politicians supporting the supposed "child marriage" bill and the outrage by female somalis? Identity politics, affirmative action like programs will not and will never solve Somalia's problems.

I think i said on another post that we should elect based on credentials and merits, and i still firmly believe that position.

That's the ideal state Somalia should be in but right now, women are fighting just to get 30%!! We need some affirmative action just to balance this out.

If Somali men want to remain in power they have to prove they are capable and not look at what is between their legs. If they want to be seen as leaders then they should lead or step down for capable women to do the job. Women already play a key role in family life, education and the economy.

Since this rape and paedophilia crisis began we haven't seen the justices deserved and women will push for a further role in politics. It's the only way to get the country back on the right path.

I don't even want to ever see a police checkpoint without a female soldier present. It's getting to the point where all males in Somalia, are a threat to the female gender.

No offence to all the sane men out there but we need accountability and a balance of genders and energy in all public offices and positions.

That's the ideal state Somalia should be in but right now, women are fighting just to get 30%!! We need some affirmative action just to balance this out.
Well in that case I agree though when there is 1p1v in Somalia it should be abolished and all people are free to pursue their political career and all reserved seats for clan, gender, ect are contested and up for grabs

Well in that case I agree though when there is 1p1v in Somalia it should be abolished and all people are free to pursue their political career and all reserved seats for clan, gender, ect are contested and up for grabs

Before that, we need compulsory classes in Somalia that integrates Islamic teachings on gender, discrimination etc.. This should be done to end discrimination based on all things that divide people.

If it's not taught from a young-age there will be major issues getting women and minorities into any office. It will be the usual faces everywhere!

intaad kursi u ordi laheeyd
tolkaada iyo qoyskaada ka dax muugo
naag qurigeeda ka adkeen oo qaraan bixin Karin iskabadaaf ay dagaal aado
xafiis ma la siinkaro
And tbh very few women will be able to do all of that
Being a woman or half the population does not make you eligible to office when the vast majority can’t even look after themselves
Intooda badan maxay raadinaayan dahab iyo mehr

Anyway

Ψ§Ω„Ψ±Ψ¬Ψ§Ω„ Ω‚ΩˆΨ§Ω…ΩˆΩ† ΨΉΩ„Ω‰ Ψ§Ω„Ω†Ψ³Ψ§Ψ‘

Before that, we need compulsory classes in Somalia that integrates Islamic teachings on gender, discrimination etc.. This should be done to end discrimination based on all things that divide people.

If it's not taught from a young-age there will be major issues getting women and minorities into any office. It will be the usual faces everywhere!
The classes you propose will definitely help the younger generations however for the present the adults that make up the government probably haven't had such teachings on discrimination, should it be mandatory that they do before holding their seat? :mjlol:

Mozart

You need people like me
For god's sake, look at the latest rape/molestation bill they tried to pass in the federal parliament. How on earth can we allow mostly men to decide what constitutes physical harm? When it's women and girls who suffer from this the most?
I would love to see your face when you realise that bill was passed exclusively by women hahahahaha

The only thing the government needs is no more diaspora . Those seats belong to people who don't hold two passports.

Xabashi spy, thanks for joining us. I wonder why you post on here instead of just reading like your Xabashi spy friends.

You and @Emily are bold with it.

Exhibit 1.

I don't tolerate amhara or halssa hate, that's my two demands. Say Ethiopian

Exhibit 2.

All I'm saying is raw meat, if prepared correctly , is safe to eat. It's why western countries have raw meat dishes too. I've had it in Europe. Maybe if you eat it in Ethiopia will you risk illness . Nearly all African countries have bad meat hygiene practices

Btw not only am I Somali , I'm landheere, sxb . Put some respect on my name

Xabashi spy, thanks for joining us. I wonder why you post on here instead of just reading like your Xabashi spy friends.

You and @Emily are bold with it.

Exhibit 1.

Exhibit 2.
Stop being paranoid lol. I'm pro Ethiopia , we have a lot to learn from a country like them. If I wasn't Somali, I would have said so. There's nothing prestigious about being Somali. I have eaten raw meat also, it tastes great

Trending