Somali with E-M293

I have done whole genome sequencing , is it easy to opload my results on G25?, it would be nice to discover some Turkic Mongol genetics in me.

Last edited:

Garaad diinle

 
Afars have Habashi-like autosomal ancestry profile, whatever potential bottleneck they had, if at all, got blurred out by extensive mixing with the neighboring Ethio-Semitic speaking populations.
I've always been curious as to how the afar have a genetic affinity with the ethiosemitics
according to one researcher they are geneticly ethiosemetic and culturaly cushitic. What happend were they an ethiosemitic army contingent stationed there which eventually dissolved and intermix with the lockals to become the afar maybe i don't know.

If we try to examing them as a whole the afar population stretches verticly from northern eritrea down to there djiboutian border. There presence in the south west is historicly but a recent expantion around 300-500 years ago. In northern eritrea you'll find a linguistic diversity which might indicate that it's there original homeland. Aside from afar you'll find saho and also a Tigrayan population that is also closely related to them how? Well they were originaly saho and now they identify as a tigrayan and also claim to be descended from amda sion. He is the mad man criminal of the mid 14th century. This cleary mean that they were conquered by him and forced to change both language and religion i hear they still have vestiges of islam among them.

In regard to there oral story concerning there origin the afar states that they consist of there components the imayto people who came from the west, the native and arabs. The imayto might be ethiosemititc or a sidamic people since the afar language appears to have some loans from sidamic languages such as gira the quintessential and perhaps exclusive word for the sidamic languages meaning fire. They also have amoyta which means head among other loans. They also have a number of amhara loan words so it's not clear. The portuguese wrote that the danacil were an allay of the solomonic kingdom and when a yemen delegation was sent to Fasilides it was through the afar and it was they who took them to bet amhara.

It would be intereesting if the afar and saho were the native population of northern eritria along side agaw and perhaps beja prior to the ethiosemitic expantion. It would mean that the ancaster of the somalis traveled thorugh northern ertriea coming from northern sudan down to somalia and then further traveled west several time creating the baiso, arbore, the mysterious baz language, rendille, sakuye, gabra and maybe other somaloid people that got absorbed by other population.

That is if language similarities betwen somalis and afar is not due to contect after their descent from northern eritrea assuming it's there original homeland. In the afar language cal means mountain in somali you have calmadow. They also say fadhiso which means lay down or sleep in somali it means sit and finaly they have dhaban which is the same thing i somali. They might have been pushed by the ethiosemtic down to the dijibutian bordars since Ezana Stone cleary speaks of fighting and subduing foreigners.

I've always been curious as to how the afar have a genetic affinity with the ethiosemitics
according to one researcher they are geneticly ethiosemetic and culturaly cushitic. What happend were they an ethiosemitic army contingent stationed there which eventually dissolved and intermix with the lockals to become the afar maybe i don't know.

If we try to examing them as a whole the afar population stretches verticly from northern eritrea down to there djiboutian border. There presence in the south west is historicly but a recent expantion around 300-500 years ago. In northern eritrea you'll find a linguistic diversity which might indicate that it's there original homeland. Aside from afar you'll find saho and also a Tigrayan population that is also closely related to them how? Well they were originaly saho and now they identify as a tigrayan and also claim to be descended from amda sion. He is the mad man criminal of the mid 14th century. This cleary mean that they were conquered by him and forced to change both language and religion i hear they still have vestiges of islam among them.

In regard to there oral story concerning there origin the afar states that they consist of there components the imayto people who came from the west, the native and arabs. The imayto might be ethiosemititc or a sidamic people since the afar language appears to have some loans from sidamic languages such as gira the quintessential and perhaps exclusive word for the sidamic languages meaning fire. They also have amoyta which means head among other loans. They also have a number of amhara loan words so it's not clear. The portuguese wrote that the danacil were an allay of the solomonic kingdom and when a yemen delegation was sent to Fasilides it was through the afar and it was they who took them to bet amhara.

It would be intereesting if the afar and saho were the native population of northern eritria along side agaw and perhaps beja prior to the ethiosemitic expantion. It would mean that the ancaster of the somalis traveled thorugh northern ertriea coming from northern sudan down to somalia and then further traveled west several time creating the baiso, arbore, the mysterious baz language, rendille, sakuye, gabra and maybe other somaloid people that got absorbed by other population.

That is if language similarities betwen somalis and afar is not due to contect after their descent from northern eritrea assuming it's there original homeland. In the afar language cal means mountain in somali you have calmadow. They also say fadhiso which means lay down or sleep in somali it means sit and finaly they have dhaban which is the same thing i somali. They might have been pushed by the ethiosemtic down to the dijibutian bordars since Ezana Stone cleary speaks of fighting and subduing foreigners.
Sxb, additional information have come out that those Afar samples were likely some Ethiopian Habashi people and got mislabeled, high possibility they are Eastern-most Amharas or something. They might be some minority Muslim groups, since I think they got small exotic foreign ancestry, which isn't outside the norm for what you see with Harari types. Not saying they are Harari or anything, strictly an example.

I think @Shimbiris touched upon this.

I believe those Afar people might have higher affinity to Somalis, especially the Djiboutian ones. Too much phenotypic affinity for it to be a coincidence. The Saho and Afar should theoretically be very genetically close, their languages were sister dialects many centuries ago.

Sxb, additional information have come out that those Afar samples were likely some Ethiopian Habashi people and got mislabeled, high possibility they are Eastern-most Amharas or something. They might be some minority Muslim groups, since I think they got small exotic foreign ancestry, which isn't outside the norm for what you see with Harari types. Not saying they are Harari or anything, strictly an example.

I think @Shimbiris touched upon this.

I believe those Afar people might have higher affinity to Somalis, especially the Djiboutian ones. Too much phenotypic affinity for it to be a coincidence. The Saho and Afar should theoretically be very genetically close, their languages were sister dialects many centuries ago.
Wait, so Afars being Habashi like DNA wise is not true? @Shimbiris @The alchemist

Trending