somali wholesale business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the source of the Somali goods coming from I saw same products in Asia africa and Europe
And the prices are much lower then there competitors .

And secondly is it possible to distribute somali made products through that somali network of wholesalers .

Where is the source of the Somali goods coming from I saw same products in Asia africa and Europe
And the prices are much lower then there competitors .

And secondly is it possible to distribute somali made products through that somali network of wholesalers .
That's why it is imprtant to have a good marketing strategy

Best would be to go networkimg with somali producers otherwise you have to deal with a middle man, A Good marketing strategie is key.
Low import cost and predicting supply and demand is also important.

For example Somalia produces a lot of sesame and its derivatives its number 12 world wide! Good product for a whole sale bussiness

Last edited:
Finally a business related post. :denzelnigga:

Here's the answer to your questions, I think.

1. 99% of Somali goods are imported from China. The only thing that classifies as a Somali product is Agriculture because it can be exported to and consumed by non-Somalis.

2. Go to Alibaba.com everything in a Somali mall can be found on that website.

3.Textiles are imported from India and Indonesia. These include macawees and women's clothes. 60% of Arab clothing is imported.

And finally, your last question is branding. Many Somalis have imported non-somali made goods and merchants are not stupid. You can import olive oil and say it's from Somalia, unless it's packaged and processed in Somalia.

Look for value added strategies in Somalia, like talking goats and producing milk from them in facility that can process, distribute and market the product to domestic and cross border nations like Kenya, Ethiopia ect

Status
Not open for further replies.