Somali Traditional Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
You better start learning, dhirigax, dhirigax.
2b2UsG.gif

:chrisfreshhah:

While the Romans were building the Colosseum, Somalis were jumping like savages

While the Arabs were building cordoba, the Somalis were Jumping like Savages

While the Khmer will building Angkor wat, Somalis were jumping like Savages

While the British were having the industrial revolution, Somalis were jumping like Savages

While we are in 21th century, Somali are still jumping around like Savages.

I cringe everything I see these useless dances, exemplified as Somali tradition, they have no history or story behind, rather its just a bunch of reer badiyes jumping around.

Dhaato has great history during the dervish era. The dance-song was revived at the dervish state in the early 20th century, when it was used to raise the 'spirts' of soldiers and was often sung on horseback. Additionally, the genre was employed in Islamic poetry. Dhaato is noble dance which became a symbol of Somali nation.

GTFOH nigga, speaking the truth isn't having self-esteem,I love my country more than anyone here, I was one of the few people to go back in 2011 and help out with the droughts, but I am also a realist.

Whilst Somalia has a long Ancient history. 500 years before the Prophet, Ethiopia was a major power, for example "In the 3rd Century AD, the Persian philosopher Mani described Ethiopia as one of the four greatest kingdoms in the world, along with Rome, China and Persia"

Your idiot who has no idea about history or culture. The acknowledgment of others achievements does not equal to low self-esteem, it should inspire you to our own greatness.

You mixed between the modern Ethiopia which was called at that time Abyssinia and ancient Ethiopia which is modern today Sudan. Got it, it was trick from British colonial to rename Abyssinia Ethiopia hence claimed Sudan ancient history.

waraabe

Your superior
jandheer is isaaq
dhanto is darod
shirib is hawiye
niiko is bantu
zaylaci is dir

we welcome all somali dances

@AceofSom
This is the Somali history you don't read about it
Mosylon (bosaso) was an ancient Somali trading center On Red Sea as outlined in the Periplus of the Erythraean Sea. With its large ships, it handled the bulk of the cinnamon trade arriving from the ports of India. Dioscorides noted that the city became known as the source of the best variety of the spice in the ancient world. specific species of cinnamon exported from the harbour was known as Mosyllitic.Due to its high quality and rarity at the time in Ancient Rome the imported cinnamon was typically deposited in the Romans' Royal Treasury.

According to classical writers such as Pliny, the inhabitants of Mosylon imported flint glass andglass vessels ancient Egypt unripe grapes from Diospolis, unmilled cloths for the Berberi markets, including tunics and cloths manufactured at Arsinoe, as well as wine and tin. The main export items were gums, tortoise shells, incense and ivory.Pliny also indicated that, en route to the cinnamon hub of Mosylon, the Egyptian Pharaoh Sesostris led his forces passed the Port of Isis.The latter ancient local commercial center is believed to correspond with the town of Bulhar, situated near Zeila.

maestro

Cultural revolution
Dhaanto is not only associated with Ogaden, but it's also associated with other clans that live in the K5, so stop spreading false information, new person.

Dhaanto is not even exclusive to that region. In Hiiraan they have their own version. It's universal but was popularized by people in that region especially the Ogaden clan.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Ah yes the great Saylici dance, a dance practiced for hundreds of years, thank you kitty.

Last edited:
M

Maryam

jandheer is isaaq
dhanto is darod
shirib is hawiye
niiko is bantu
zaylaci is dir

we welcome all somali dances
Jandheer is for Isaaqs and Dhulbhantiis
YOU JUST like dividing people in every thread lol

We are all Somalis at the end of the day