Somali Traditional Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maryam

The Dhaanto can be associated exclusively with the Darod tribe in particular the Ogaden clan.

Dhaanto dance. The dhaanto was inspired by the camel and mimics the actions of the camel. The Ogaden is notoriously nomadic people with more than 90% in the rural area.

Issa Somali Warrior Dance Djibouti

, the Issa live in the north in the Somali region of Diredawa, Djibouti and Saylac-Lughaya of Somalia . This is called 'Wilwile' and invented by General Ali Kalageeyeh in order to trick an Oromo Invader who conquered the northern Somali region untli Zeila

M

Maryam

Jaandheer (meaning big leap or step) is exclusive to the Isaac tribe of Somaliland and Haud region in eastern Ethiopia.

M

Maryam

The Saylaci dance originated from the town of Zeila in northern Somaliland. It's origins lay with the Suufi sect of Islam. It began as a Suufi chanting and slowly developed into a dance. The lyrics still used remain as they were for hundreds of years, which are mostly Islamic-oriented. It has strong connection to Samaroon (Gidabursi) clan more than anyone.

M

Maryam

The niiko is the traditional dance of the Hawiye even though it was introduced to them by the Madowweyne of Bondheere, it was the Hawiye who put their mark on it since they did not have a folklore of their own other than the Abgaal male dominated Shirib. Niiko has its roots in the true Africa.

Digil & Mirifle traditional folklore dance called Saar

rabshole

Aragaani
Notice how dances from a certain region dominates the list and is very detailed in comparison to the others kkkkkkk ilahay amarkii.
I believe dhaanto would have gotten the same treatment if it wasn't for its undeniable popularity. :siilaanyolaugh:

But the funnist part is how the shirib was totally down played, forget about a video or much information it was only slightly mentioned under the bantu video :drakelaugh:xasuuuq

put respect on it awoowgaa la jeneey :birdman:

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Shirib isn't the only dance Abgaal have, guurow (waran) is another that comes to mind and HG has gadoon, waalo, wilisaqo, hurdo-diid and others..
She copy and pasted an entire thread from SomNet posted by a Xabashi fuckboy :bell:

Last edited:

rabshole

Aragaani
Shirib isn't the only dance Abgaal have, waran is another that comes to mind and HG has gadoon, waalo, wilisaqo, hurdo-diid and others..

She copy and pasted an entire thread from SomNet posted by a Xabashi fuckboy :bell:
I knew something wasnt right :mjlol:

:ohhh: i haven't heard any of those dances sxb
Learning something new everyday :nvjpqts:

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
all off these dances are basically just jumping around and clapping (except niiko), no complexity or rhythm at all.
Put respek on 'em all, we Reer UK's are lacking when it comes to partaking in the dhaqan whilst Reer Sweden/Mareeykan jump around.

:mjcry:

Notorious means having a bad reputation, Somalis love camels and it's a great source of income.

Shirib is the traditional dance of Hawiye if there was a stand out one. How can niiko be Hawiye's traditional dance when it's only performed by women?

Degodia are not Digil and Mirifle. Also Saar is a poetry tradition as well as a dance, it's not exclusive to D&M.

Jaandheer is not exclusive to Isaaq, Dhulbahante do it too. I didn't even know Isaaq did Jaandheer.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
You might think it's useless now but this is ancient Somali traditional dance

:rejoice:

While the Romans were building the Colosseum, Somalis were jumping like savages

While the Arabs were building cordoba, the Somalis were Jumping like Savages

While the Khmer will building Angkor wat, Somalis were jumping like Savages

While the British were having the industrial revolution, Somalis were jumping like Savages

While we are in 21th century, Somali are still jumping around like Savages.

I cringe everything I see these useless dances, exemplified as Somali tradition, they have no history or story behind, rather its just a bunch of reer badiyes jumping around.

While the Romans were building the Colosseum, Somalis were jumping like savages

While the Arabs were building cordoba, the Somalis were Jumping like Savages

While the Khmer will building, Somalis were jumping like Savages

While the British were having the industrial revoultion, Somalis were jumping like Savages

While we are in 21th century, Somali are still jumping around like Savages.

1. I cringe everything I see these useless dances, exemplified as Somali tradition, they have no history or story behind, rather its just a bunch of reer badiyes jumping around.

Put a block in it :birdman:

We were fighting colonisation as a small population the whole time these countries were developing.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
Put a block in it :birdman:

We were fighting colonisation as a small population the whole time these countries were developing.

No, it's rather that Somalis would jump around like savages, then building and innovate. Having a small is not a hamstring, even today we still have that mentality.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I wish I could find the video classic @Duchess

download.jpg

No, it's rather that Somalis would jump around like savages, then building and innovate. Having a small is not a hamstring, even today we still have that mentality.

Even prior to colonisation we were fighting of Arabs, Habesha and Bantu. Imagine only a 1-2 million of us fighting off entire ethnic groups to the right and left of us. Also the British, Italians and Habesha destroyed a lot of our heritage, we were occupied for a long time and were bombed by planes. That's like telling Syrians or Iraqis they never had anything or that they were always 'backward with no xyz'.

M

Maryam

Shirib isn't the only dance Abgaal have, guurow (waran) is another that comes to mind and HG has gadoon, waalo, wilisaqo, hurdo-diid and others..

Allah igada xasiid :damn:I just found out what ciyaar Somali was 1 month ago and I've added the videos for each type of dance :manny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending