Somali Thirst Traps

Bleaching is a recent phenomenon in Somalis compared to Arab and Asian groups. I have also never met a Somali girl born or raised in the west that did. At least with us, you know our skin tone, whether light, medium or dark, is 100% natural. :ohno:

Is it me or Diaspora Somalis FAR light-skinned then our counterparts back home?

Like It's not even a boy-girl thing I'm talking in general. Not saying we don't have Darkskins, ofc we do but the ones back home typically are darker then us; on average.

Does this have something to do with the climate we've been raised in? Food we eat? honestly don't know wallahi. food for thought ig.

Garaad diinle

 

Like It's not even a boy-girl thing I'm talking in general. Not saying we don't have Darkskins, ofc we do but the ones back home typically are darker then us; on average.

Does this have something to do with the climate we've been raised in? Food we eat? honestly don't know wallahi. food for thought ig.
There are somalis with lighter skin back home too but i agree with you, you might be on to something. I always thought that i was a dark skin guy but as soon as i arrived here my skin started to slowly get lighter and lighter. I was genuinely surprised. I don't know if yall believe it or not but my hair got softer too. As soon as i travelled to a hot climate my skin colour turned back into the same colour that i use to have when i was little.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Yes! It’s one of the things I’m proud of regarding somali girls in the west. I have dark brown skin and when I went to Xamar i liked to sit outside and soak up the sun. My cousins told me to come inside or I would become dhuxul, and they wanted to get me to use bleaching cream like they all did but I refused
I think dark skin is beautiful and vibrant. I wish the girls over there knew that. It's the features that carry someone and make them look appealing. I was never raised with a preference, and I'm colourblind in seeing beauty in its many shades/gradients.​
:fittytousand: dark skin is beautiful and looks so healthy. Women who bleach look sickly and weird
They are drenching themselves in poison and making their skin look flat and one-dimensional. You can tell it looks fake.

The weather is hotter back home. I have naturally light-skinned cousins there, but they would probably be less tanned in the west, given the colder climate(s) or less reliable sunshine Somalis get abroad. Some of the palest Somalis live in the UK, but the same could be said for cadaans there too.​

It's the climate we spend our time indoors a lot during winter & when we come out it's already night at 5 pm

Yaraye

VIP
they’re being selfish lol. Leave the young women for the young men
Yep. Peers like peers. I have an older somali woman friend who is currently doing her residency. She’s 29 years old, and a Somali man in his early 50s had the audacity to go to her family for her hand. Disgusting creep :westbrookwtf::westbrookwtf::westbrookwtf::ileycry:
The family said its her choice, and she obviously refused. He’s still being insistent, even calling up the girl’s grandma saying “gabada ha liseeyo”. :comeon::childplease:

can’t stand men who know that they are obviously older than the woman that they desire. I don’t understand where they get the audacity and confidence to even ask for her hand. You are already finished 1/2 of your life and is one foot in the grave, you old disgusting waste of space piece of meat!!!! :farole::mugshotman::gaasdrink:

Yaraye

VIP
U r age discriminates let the old men enjoy younger women. Maybe one day u will fall for 40 years old farax, hey u will never know 😂
puke GIF
Never :fittytousand:

There’s this Somali girl on Twitter with 14k followers and all she posts are videos of her in a baati and khimar lip syncing to somali songs?? it’s so odd lol. Her entire comment section is filled with old abtis calling her beautiful. I also can’t help but notice that she is chubby and lightskin. When did the beauty standard shift?

Like look at this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

:mjlol:
This is what I keep saying. These women , in the west or back home are for the streets. Somali women are the most impressionable in imitating gaalo.

I’ll say this again, why are their faces so fat yet so small?

View attachment 251565
Somali genetics doesn’t favour us overweight, woman or man. We are meant to be lean. When a Somali man gains weight , notice it all goes to hips and belly, when a woman gains weight it’s in the wrong places. Other groups can still look proportionate when they gain calool, men are sturdy and woman ‘thick’ but good thick.
We are NOT meant to be chubby. Every one in this forum knows what I’m talking about, we gain fat in the wrong places. Naturally, we are default to be slim and lean.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP

100%, somehow there is more lightskins in the west then in Somalia, look at the average crowd in Somalia vs the diaspora (Im focusing on mens appreciance). The diaspora group of men will have in a group of 10 tw3 belightskins, 3 brownskins and the rest darkskin. While back home 7/10 is darkskim.

Yaraye

VIP
100%, somehow there is more lightskins in the west then in Somalia, look at the average crowd in Somalia vs the diaspora (Im focusing on mens appreciance). The diaspora group of men will have in a group of 10 tw3 belightskins, 3 brownskins and the rest darkskin. While back home 7/10 is darkskim.
I’ve actually noticed a lot more brown and dark skin in america

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
This is what I keep saying. These women , in the west or back home are for the streets. Somali women are the most impressionable in imitating gaalo.
That’s disrespectful. Out of any other Muslim diaspora in the west, Somalis are the ones that stick with their deen the most. To insult us like this when we are one of the only ones who never ditched hijab out of all other ethnicities is crazy

It's mostly due to us being brought up in colder places like the UK, Minnesota, Canada (the entire of western Europe) so its no surprise as to why Diaspora have more of a caramel brown skin while the ones back home have very dark madow skin due (unless they bleach like the xalimos above) due Somalia being one the hottest places.

Yaraye

VIP
It's mostly due to us being brought up in colder places like the UK, Minnesota, Canada (the entire of western Europe) so its no surprise as to why Diaspora have more of a caramel brown skin while the ones back home have very dark madow skin due (unless they bleach like the xalimos above) due Somalia being one the hottest places.
I grew up in MN and quite dark skin. There are actually a lot of brown and dark out here :damedamn::damedamn::manny:

Trending

Latest posts