Somali Thirst Traps

World

VIP
There’s this Somali girl on Twitter with 14k followers and all she posts are videos of her in a baati and khimar lip syncing to somali songs?? it’s so odd lol. Her entire comment section is filled with old abtis calling her beautiful. I also can’t help but notice that she is chubby and lightskin. When did the beauty standard shift?

Like look at this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

:mjlol:
me going somalia and snatching up the undesirable women (slim and brown skinned )

:samwelcome:

World

VIP
There are somalis with lighter skin back home too but i agree with you, you might be on to something. I always thought that i was a dark skin guy but as soon as i arrived here my skin started to slowly get lighter and lighter. I was genuinely surprised. I don't know if yall believe it or not but my hair got softer too. As soon as i travelled to a hot climate my skin colour turned back into the same colour that i use to have when i was little.
because somalia is an equatorial country?

That’s disrespectful. Out of any other Muslim diaspora in the west, Somalis are the ones that stick with their deen the most. To insult us like this when we are one of the only ones who never ditched hijab out of all other ethnicities is crazy
Hijab is not a sign of piety, nor is a beard. I have countless examples of the most physically appearing religious people to find out otherwise, again I’m sure others can relate too. ACTIONS are what deem someone as upright and an obedient follower. Yes it’s good to wear the scarf but not actually following what it means to wear it? It just becomes a cultural garment then

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
Hijab is not a sign of piety, nor is a beard. I have countless examples of the most physically appearing religious people to find out otherwise, again I’m sure others can relate too. ACTIONS are what deem someone as upright and an obedient follower. Yes it’s good to wear the scarf but not actually following what it means to wear it? It just becomes a cultural garment then
And again you said we are the most likely to act like caucasians when that is simply untrue. The fact that we hold onto our cultural and religious guidelines is a major indication of that. Go hug your mum

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Did you just compare hijab to a beard?
:gucciwhat:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Oday discrimination will not be tolerated ok
Old Man Nick Splat GIF by Hey Arnold

Yep. Peers like peers. I have an older somali woman friend who is currently doing her residency. She’s 29 years old, and a Somali man in his early 50s had the audacity to go to her family for her hand. Disgusting creep :westbrookwtf::westbrookwtf::westbrookwtf::ileycry:
The family said its her choice, and she obviously refused. He’s still being insistent, even calling up the girl’s grandma saying “gabada ha liseeyo”. :comeon::childplease:

can’t stand men who know that they are obviously older than the woman that they desire. I don’t understand where they get the audacity and confidence to even ask for her hand. You are already finished 1/2 of your life and is one foot in the grave, you old disgusting waste of space piece of meat!!!! :farole::mugshotman::gaasdrink:
You're really overreacting and indirectly insulting the Prophet SAW and probably one of your great-great-great awoowes. Wallahi you niggas suffer from complete cognitive dissonance :camby:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
You're really overreacting and indirectly insulting the Prophet SAW and probably one of your great-great-great awoowes. Wallahi you niggas suffer from complete cognitive dissonance :camby:
This ain’t about the prophet saw, more like your dusty 3rd uncle who’s tryna marry a poor 13 year old from back home.

This ain’t about the prophet saw, more like your dusty 3rd uncle who’s tryna marry a poor 13 year old from back home.
The problem is you lot insult someone for the action of marrying young girls and not their intentions.
I'm not denying there's lots of creeps out their grooming kids but if you assume everyone that marries someone younger does that than how is the prophet any different?

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
The problem is you lot insult someone for the action of marrying young girls and not their intentions.
I'm not denying there's lots of creeps out their grooming kids but if you assume everyone that marries someone younger does that than how is the prophet any different?
I didn’t insult everyone. :draketf:

Just everyone except members of the Banu Hisham clan during the 0-100 Hijra calendar
:ulyin:

Just kidding again, I don’t care unless the age gap is like 14 and 41 + it’s always a poor girl, so you know what’s up.
:bell:
I actually think twitter is full of weirdos for constantly age gap policing. If they see a 17 yo with a 19 yo or a 20 yo with a 28 y.o. they get mad
:draketf:

You are correct. It changed mostly with the post-civil war era. Being overweight to those in contemporary Somalia is now a sign of status. Before that, Somali girls were expected to remain thin before marriage. And after giving birth, their stomachs were bound/wrapped to maintain their waists. Many are unaware of this, and it's not like they catalogue all of their cultural or subcultural practices. Many of these kids lack a historical reference point and assume that certain beauty standards have always been static. Being chubby was not likely when experiencing periodic food shortages and when processed food was scarce. It was also not considered a beauty standard for a Gashanti (unmarried girl/woman) to be heavier.​
Do you have a gap between your eyes? Why are you typing like that? :susp:

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
There’s this Somali girl on Twitter with 14k followers and all she posts are videos of her in a baati and khimar lip syncing to somali songs?? it’s so odd lol. Her entire comment section is filled with old abtis calling her beautiful. I also can’t help but notice that she is chubby and lightskin. When did the beauty standard shift?

Like look at this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

:mjlol:

Chubby light skin women are considered beautiful back home , especially if they look this from the back :silanyolaugh:

buura.jpg

Trending