Somali Thirst Traps

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
There’s this Somali girl on Twitter with 14k followers and all she posts are videos of her in a baati and khimar lip syncing to somali songs?? it’s so odd lol. Her entire comment section is filled with old abtis calling her beautiful. I also can’t help but notice that she is chubby and lightskin. When did the beauty standard shift?

Like look at this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

:mjlol:

There’s this Somali girl on Twitter with 14k followers and all she posts are videos of her in a baati and khimar lip syncing to somali songs?? it’s so odd lol. Her entire comment section is filled with old abtis calling her beautiful. I also can’t help but notice that she is chubby and lightskin. When did the beauty standard shift?

Like look at this

Beauty standards in Somalia is chubby girls. It has always been like this.

Has it actually? I’d always thought it was slim and tall, as well as having a long neck. “Qalanjo” is used to reference tall, elegant women no? I could be mistaken
I don’t know why did it change but if u look at the Somali tiktok u will see what am talking about.
All the girls are chubby light skin

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Has it actually? I’d always thought it was slim and tall, as well as having a long neck. “Qalanjo” is used to reference tall, elegant women no? I could be mistaken
You are correct. It changed mostly with the post-civil war era. Being overweight to those in contemporary Somalia is now a sign of status. Before that, Somali girls were expected to remain thin before marriage. And after giving birth, their stomachs were bound/wrapped to maintain their waists. Many are unaware of this, and it's not like they catalogue all of their cultural or subcultural practices. Many of these kids lack a historical reference point and assume that certain beauty standards have always been static. Being chubby was not likely when experiencing periodic food shortages and when processed food was scarce. It was also not considered a beauty standard for a Gashanti (unmarried girl/woman) to be heavier.​

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I’ll say this again, why are their faces so fat yet so small?

1675181088205.jpeg

Yaraye

VIP

Like look at this

old somali men in her comments
Snoop Dogg Sensual Seduction GIF
:shaq:

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
You are correct. It changed mostly with the post-civil war era. Being overweight to those in contemporary Somalia is now a sign of status. Before that, Somali girls were expected to remain thin before marriage. And after giving birth, their stomachs were bound/wrapped to maintain their waists. Many are unaware of this, and it's not like they catalogue all of their cultural or subcultural practices. Many of these kids lack a historical reference point and assume that certain beauty standards have always been static. Being chubby was not likely when experiencing periodic food shortages and when processed food was scarce. It was also not considered a beauty standard for a Gashanti (unmarried girl/woman) to be heavier.​
Yes I saw pictures of my mom and aunts and they were very thin and beautiful, and also dark skin. I don’t know what’s up with this bleaching epidemic either.

i know. I don't know what is about men in their late 30s or older. Once you mention their age and how inappropriate it is to lust after a woman who is soooo much younger than them they get so angry.
What’s so wrong for 30 to 40 to chase young xalimo. After she reach 18 or 20 she mature enough.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Yes I saw pictures of my mom and aunts and they were very thin and beautiful, and also dark skin. I don’t know what’s up with this bleaching epidemic either.
Bleaching is a recent phenomenon in Somalis compared to Arab and Asian groups. I have also never met a Somali girl born or raised in the west that did. At least with us, you know our skin tone, whether light, medium or dark, is 100% natural. :ohno:

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
Bleaching is a recent phenomenon in Somalis compared to Arab and Asian groups. I have also never met a Somali girl born or raised in the west that did. At least with us, you know our skin tone, whether light, medium or dark, is 100% natural. :ohno:
Yes! It’s one of the things I’m proud of regarding somali girls in the west. I have dark brown skin and when I went to Xamar i liked to sit outside and soak up the sun. My cousins told me to come inside or I would become dhuxul, and they wanted to get me to use bleaching cream like they all did but I refused :fittytousand: dark skin is beautiful and looks so healthy. Women who bleach look sickly and weird

Trending