Somali Says She Will NEVER Identify As Black While Not Living In Her Homeland

Let’s be clear when Africans and Somalis say they’re not black they’re referring to the culture and being associated with the legacy of slavery. I’ve met Nigerians, Ghanaians and Jamaicans that didn’t identify with black because they didn’t want to be associate with AA culture. Pretty simple but ppl are too focused on skin colour

I don’t see the problem with it. Idk why they’re butthurt. Who cares let her identify what she wants. Plus, it’s dumb calling yourself a color

Let’s be clear when Africans and Somalis say they’re not black they’re referring to the culture and being associated with the legacy of slavery. I’ve met Nigerians, Ghanaians and Jamaicans that didn’t identify with black because they didn’t want to be associate with AA culture. Pretty simple but ppl are too focused on skin colour
In my 20 something years I’ve never met a Nigerian or Ghanaian deny their black heritage. Like never.

Jamaicans were enslaved like AAs and have the exact same legacy.

The vast majority of slaves were transported from what is now Nigeria and Ghana.

Yes, those groups may deny being African American and may simply identify with being no African, but they can’t even dissociate with blackness the way Somalis can.

Hamzza

VIP
Map of skin color variation in Africa
IMG_20220927_095700.jpg

K-M-O

Somali.
The sister is right.

black is just a western label.

it’s a way to discriminate Africans by calling what they look rather than what they are or where they originate.

also Africans Americans are the only demographics who adopted to the label; compare to other Africans diasporas/Africans.

since they have no culture to claim.

We’re a known distinctive groups based on: features, cultures and genes.

to show some distinction:

SOMALI Phenotype:

1664266459071.jpeg

Bantu Phenotype:

1664266556616.jpeg

Nilotic Phenotype:

1664266728490.jpeg

Khoisan Phenotype:

1664266842322.jpeg

Berber Phenotype:

1664266912394.jpeg

We’re Africans: we’re an old groups with an old genes.

anybody can tell we’re dark; but using that as a way to discredit our culture by relating with other groups of Africans who has no culture to us is a social reject.

who’s main aim is to fit with other groups.

I claim Somali cause I claim what looks like me.

Same genes and everything

Last edited:

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Somalis have main character syndrome, if that shit even exist. We got xoolo people always yelling online we no black, we no black. If you fit the category of black then its stupid to say your not, especially in the west.

K-M-O

Somali.
Somalis have main character syndrome, if that shit even exist. We got xoolo people always yelling online we no black, we no black. If you fit the category of black then its stupid to say your not, especially in the west.

Somalis were once called caucasian ( I don’t believe in that by the way)

it goes to show westerns are the one who used these labels and you minorities (as usual) just eat it up.

claiming Somali: knowing your identity, knowing your history and your race.

claiming black: More identity, pretending to relate with other Africans history, pretending you were enslaved and so on.

Last edited:

Trending