Somali salafis

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
the niqab WAS known in Somalia long before siyad barre was even born and of course LONG before the 90's.

here you have chinese accounts mentioning how women dressed outside in the 1400s in Muqdisho.

View attachment 326931
View attachment 326932

here you have muslim women of ours wearing it in 1910 and 1968 respectively. Blotted out the faces due to possible tasweer.
View attachment 326934
View attachment 326935

those saying the (what is commonly perceived as) Hijab, Niqab or Burka were not known with the somalis or are not from islam are either ignorant or just hate islam and muslim women.

we will continue to follow the law of our Lord and the sunnah of our Messenger

ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّٰهِ
@Luke warm muslims, look at how your ancestors dressed before western intervention and colonialism.

“Barking” was just a metaphor to describe not just you but everyone else on here arguing like the ina-climi brother, please listen to me i argued a lot with apostates as well, but I’ve come to learn that it does nothing and regardless multiple other users on here argued with him and the conversation came to an end until someone sparked it back up again to which he didn’t reply let’s just pray he returns back to the deen and move on 🙏🏽
you are correct, the best thing for us to do is respond once and if they keep going then leave them alone and dont interact. ill try to keep this in mind.

just saw that post too kkkkkk

nice one akhi. I saw it before a long time ago but completely forgot about it. May Allah bless that brother for bringing proof
There is no explanation for these people’s fight against the hijab and niqab except that they are lustful and want to see the charms of Somali women. Iran’s disgust will not be repeated in Somalia.

Wonky

Djiboutian 🇩🇯
you are correct, the best thing for us to do is respond once and if they keep going then leave them alone and dont interact. ill try to keep this in mind.
I feel like you are quite knowledgable on the deen but you aren’t that good at argumentation and debates, so it is best to stay quiet, good day my friend.

There is no explanation for these people’s fight against the hijab and niqab except that they are lustful and want to see the charms of Somali women. Iran’s disgust will not be repeated in Somalia.
and they try to say that we are the lustful ones for wanting women to cover up. Rather we love our Lord and follow His command and the true perverts are those who want women to dress as immoral hookers of the west do

I feel like you are quite knowledgable on the deen but you aren’t that good at argumentation and debates, so it is best to stay quiet, good day my friend.
what have I done wrong when it comes to argumentation and debates? this is the second time someone has said this but no one has said what truly the issue has been

the only thing I do agree on is that my responses sometimes are a bit over the place but thats moreso due to me focusing on duties and after coming back having to respond to multiple things

Wonky

Djiboutian 🇩🇯
what have I done wrong when it comes to argumentation and debates? this is the second time someone has said this but no one has said what truly the issue has been

the only thing I do agree on is that my responses sometimes are a bit over the place but thats moreso due to me focusing on duties and after coming back having to respond to multiple things
How old are you?

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
How old are you?
I heard djiboutians were especially heavily affected by french secularism. When my family fleed from the war to djibouti they had a culture shock cus their was a lack of religiosity compared to Somalia.

Wonky

Djiboutian 🇩🇯
I heard djiboutians were especially heavily affected by french secularism. When my family fleed from the war to djibouti they had a culture shock cus their was a lack of religiosity compared to Somalia.
We are quite secular compared to other Somalis.

the niqab WAS known in Somalia long before siyad barre was even born and of course LONG before the 90's.

here you have chinese accounts mentioning how women dressed outside in the 1400s in Muqdisho.

View attachment 326931
View attachment 326932

here you have muslim women of ours wearing it in 1910 and 1968 respectively. Blotted out the faces due to possible tasweer.
View attachment 326934
View attachment 326935

those saying the (what is commonly perceived as) Hijab, Niqab or Burka were not known with the somalis or are not from islam are either ignorant or just hate islam and muslim women.

we will continue to follow the law of our Lord and the sunnah of our Messenger

ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّٰهِ
You're no different than those guys that post pictures of Westernized Somalis in Muqdisho and claim all Somalis wore skirts and styled their hair before Salafism.

Majority Somalis were nomadic and wore guntiino and a head dress when they got married, stop being ashamed of your ancestors

Wonky

Djiboutian 🇩🇯
Do you guys still speak french?
I went to school in Djibouti, the subjects we had linguistically wise were English and Arabic, im not gonna speak for every Djiboutian tho that was my just experience, I was also quite young at the time so I don’t remember that much, my grandparents know a bit of French due to being raised in the colonial period.

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
I went to school in Djibouti, the subjects we had linguistically wise were English and Arabic, im not gonna speak for every Djiboutian tho that was my just experience, I was also quite young at the time so I don’t remember that much, my grandparents know a bit of French due to being raised in the colonial period tho.
French is a profitless redundant language. No one in the younger generations speaks italian anymore although english is replacing it. We should focus on enriching the somali language nationwide and arabic for the religious purposes

You're no different than those guys that post pictures of Westernized Somalis in Muqdisho and claim all Somalis wore skirts and styled their hair before Salafism.

Majority Somalis were nomadic and wore guntiino and a head dress when they got married, stop being ashamed of your ancestors
no. this is a wrong analogy.

Somalis are muslim, according to islam the hijab is the correct dress for a woman. So we may extrapolate that this is what the majority of women wear. Also, the chinese sources speak in generalities. they would not call this the dress of women if only a few women wore it.

while the pictures of hijabless women are pictures of a very specific time and of a specific class of women. so the same generalization can absolutely not be made. What issue do you have with the hijab?

let's say even for the sake of argument that all somali women in the past wore no hijab and uncovered their bodies, does this mean it's okay? does tradition make the halal haram and the haram halal?

is the law of God not superior to the traditions of men and the laws they think of? Of course it is! So we as muslim(those who have submitted) shall suffice ourselves with that :nvjpqts: .

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
I saw this tweet and laughed

these religious nutjobs larp about the evils of the west while living on welfare in those nations. They larp as something they're not and post bullshit like this that make us look fucking shit. If a new trend comes along that we're p*dos then blame them. Loud mouth salafis are honestly annoying and have this holier than thou attitude. I can't stand them.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
I saw this tweet and laughed

these religious nutjobs larp about the evils of the west while living on welfare in those nations. They larp as something they're not and post bullshit like this that make us look fucking shit. If a new trend comes along that we're p*dos then blame them. Loud mouth salafis are honestly annoying and have this holier than thou attitude. I can't stand them.
I want to follow up by saying in this particular case I find it laughable that because the new constitution states young girls shouldn't be take advantage of you have these western somalis crying. If a grown man is wanting to marry a significantly younger woman then that's fine but there needs to stipulations. The girl should finish her formal education and she should be of a age where having a child won't endanger her. However logical thinking doesn't come easy to some folks, I hope the guy in this tweet is willing to offer up his 10-11 year old daughter when the time comes.

I think this might be the greatest ratio to have ever occurred in SSpot history, if I do say so myself 💅🏾💅🏾
Screenshot (127).png

Compared to your measly eight 💯s, some of which came from known gaals.

Trending