Somali qpAdm models using new ancient genomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
“So, I asked David over at Eurogenes to run Somalis as a mixture between South Sudanese people and Natufians in order to see how well the model would fit using a formal statistical method like qpAdm and he got some pretty surprising results overall:

Natufian + Sudanese (south):

Sudanese: 54%
Natufian: 46%

Neolithic Levant + Sudanese (south):

Sudanese: 54%
Neolithic Levant: 46%

Neolithic Levant + Chalcolithic Iran + Sudanese (south):

Sudanese: 55%
Neolithic Levant: 34%
Chalcolithic Iran: 11%

Now, what's going to surprise you is that the third model is the one that fits the best, and by a long shot when compared to the first model. Natufian + Sudanese (south) fits the worst (chisq: 26.256, tail prob: 0.09%, std. errors: 0.009), Neolithic Levant + Sudanese (south) fits much better (chisq: 7.593, tail prob: 47%, std. errors: 0.006) and Neolithic Levant + Chalcolithic Iran + Sudanese (south) fits even better (chisq: 4.975, tail prob: 66%, std. errors: 0.057).”
http://anthromadness.blogspot.com/2016/07/somali-qpadm-models-using-new-ancient.html?m=1

@Apollo what do u think of these results?

Apollo

VIP
Somalis are ancient migrants from Northeast Sudan. Old news.. just repeating previous finds.

I think the 11% is caused by the haplogroup T men who entered the Somali gene pool.

Somalis are ancient migrants from Northeast Sudan. Old news.. just repeating previous finds.

I think the 11% is caused by the haplogroup T men who entered the Somali gene pool.
Do you think a central or southern somali would get less of the chalcolithic iran results? since from my understanding they carry less T

Apollo

VIP
Do you think there’s any possibility we might have any other african ancestry other than the ancient south sudanese?

It's not even from them. It's from an extinct group that contributed 70% to them and 50-55% to Somalis. There might be a tiny paleo-Somali element (native to Somalia since the palaeolithic) in Somalis but no more than 5% and it might not even be close to Omotics, but a divergent lowland extinct variant.

It's not even from them. It's from an extinct group that contributed 70% to them and 50-55% to Somalis. There might be tiny paleo-Somali element (native to Somalia since the palaeolithic) in Somalis but no more than 5% and it might not even be close to Omotics, but a divergent lowland extinct variant.
Yea I know the current south sudanese people have recent azande admixture, do you believe the paleo-somali element might’ve been related with the ancient hadza and sandawes?

Apollo

VIP
Yea I know the current south sudanese people have recent azande admixture, do you believe the paleo-somali element might’ve been related with the ancient hadza and sandawes?

The ones in Somalia are extinct and could have split from them for over 20,000s years and look very different (probably arid climate-adapted, taller, thinner features).

The ones in Somalia are extinct and could have split from them for over 20,000s years and look very different (probably arid climate-adapted, taller, thinner features).
How related would you say they were with the proto nilotics? I heard them along with the pygmies have a common ancient origin with the nilotics idk how old tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending