Somali Origin: North or South?

@Apollo how come Somali population has sky rocked just after the 15th Century. For example Mohamud Salebaan ancestar was born around 15th Century. Another case study ugaas Diini was born in the 18th Century. My question how come Somali population never exploded just as it did after the 16th Century?

So, are you saying Reer Diini are adopted. Are they not related to the Marehan during
ahmed guray 500 years ago. Reer Diini born 1800s?

So, are you saying Reer Diini are adopted. Are they not related to the Marehan during
ahmed guray 500 years ago. Reer Diini born 1800s?
Ugaas Diini was bor late 17rh Century or early 18th Century. Most reer Diini and Nur Ibn Mujahid are 11th generation cousins, and where as Harabu Goita Tedros we are 12 th generation cousins. Nur Ibn Mujahid we meet up at Yusuf Matan, and where as Harabu we meet up at Matan Eise. Here is abtirsi of Siyad Bare.
Screenshot_20210608_044904_com.android.chrome.jpg

Paternally: North African. Looking at long distances: Horn of Africa.
Maternally: East African and North African.

North African cause of migration: the desertification of the Sahara Desert (look up the African Humid Period).

The African population that make up the genetic coding of Somalis: Nilo-Saharans.

Essentially Cushitic people (not Ethio-Semitic people), are essentially an ancient mix of Afro-Asiatic North Africans and Nilotic indigenous Africans.

How did these Afro-Asiatics look like? We don't know.

What we do know is that Somalis genomically have 40% Eurasian (North African and West Asian) autosomal dna (every chromosome but the sex chromosome (i.e. Y-DNA in males)) and 60% African autosomal dna.

Considerations that prove it:

Pastoralism probably came from this paternal group. However, Somalis domesticated the Camel and other animals that are indigenous to the landscape.

Certain genes, such as SLC24A5, which encodes skin tone, are found among Somalis at about 60%. On a genetic level, this is has an allele that can either be expressed or not expressed. If you have allele AA or AG, you can express it. GG and you cannot (i.e. dark skin tones). I suspect my family has a mix of A and G, due to the diverse range of skin tones we all have, which is cool.

Ancient DNA suggests that Somalis (and other East Africans involved in the Savanna Pastoral Neolithic) are related to a degree with the Natufian Pre-Pottery Culture.

Our paternal haplogroup structure is common among Afro-Asiatic speakers, which is probably why we speak an Afro-Asiatic language as opposed to a Nilo-Saharan one.

The migration patterns of our people from the ancient past line up with the events of the desertification of the Sahara desert (which was a savanna, and thus perfect for pastoralism as a food production strategy).

This is my guess. Could be wrong, I'm not an expert. Just someone who read some shit.

My theory is that Somalis are the most genetically isolated and most divergent of the Horn of Africa Cushites and therefore must have been isolated from Ethiopian Cushites for millennia. The Eastern Horn (Eastern Somaliweyn) is the only area that fits the bill.

Southern Ethiopia near highly Omotic admixed Cushites is out of the question. Moreover, clans like Degoodi who live there don't even carry E-V32. The Degoodi carry E-M293 (South Cushitic, non-Somali E). Moreover, I have seen enough Garre autosomal samples to know that Southwest K5 cannot be the ancestral origin of proto-Somalis.
This makes a lot of sense and explains our homogeneity.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
I don't know about you kneegrow Somalis, but I'm an Al-Jabeerti Arab from Dhofar, Oman

FB_IMG_1623169827302.jpg

AUN to my great Arab ancestor, Al-Jabeerti

B
This is almost the same as my hypothesis.
It makes sense.
We all came from somewhere in Southern ethiopia . Maay speakers straight went to the south and stayed isolated which explains their language, northern clans went up north and became muslim then the Hawiye went south and reached the mogadishu-Merca area at least by between the 10th and 12th century maybe even earlier. Darood stayed north untill marehans migrated to Galgaduud and then to Gedo.
But Northerners and Southerners must of fcked eachother at one point bro, we have the same dna same people etc lmao, exactly what makes a Somali

Som

VIP
B

But Northerners and Southerners must of fcked eachother at one point bro, we have the same dna same people etc lmao, exactly what makes a Somali
Of course, they mixed while they all lived in the north before the middle ages and then mixed again after migrating south.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
The 16th century futuh al habasha document lists marehan and hawiye as one of the clans fighting for the Adal Sultanate army even though today marehans and hawiyes (except fiqishini) don't live in the north anymore.
Not true.

There’s actually a good chunk of hawiyes still in the north. Babile wordeo in fafan is majority karanle hawiye and gursum wordeo is majority sheekhaal. In oromia east hararghe, the town of babile which is one of the most populated in the region is owned by karanle hawiyes and they farm all the way into the harari region. Harar itself has a heavy presence of various hawiye subclans (mainly sheekhaal) and we even have a segment of the city named after us.
D0CAA2B1-8004-4370-A4B3-7C0C36FAD22B.jpeg

In sitti zone, we heavily live in the southern side and live alongside both the oromo and the ciise. The gugundhabe hawiye are so numerous and powerful that they live on the boarder between the oromo and somali in towns like mulu, miesso and chiro and unlike many other clans still maintained their somalinimo for the most part and haven’t assimilated. The karanle hawiye have alone been fighting the oromo expansion for decades and still hold onto babile firmly even though it’s part of the oromia region
327D0964-0FAE-4C88-A564-B99F614C4CEC.jpeg
299541F7-6F9B-4DB8-B4D6-307D2E8D3952.jpeg
C2046556-8E3F-4FBA-9A66-38D1DEAC3C5C.jpeg
2D96F051-FCD9-48B6-B0B9-691F1EAA35B1.jpeg

Hawiye in the north are numerous and it isn’t surprising that we still live up there considering the forefather of the hawiye clan is buried around the harar area.

Som

VIP
Not true.

There’s actually a good chunk of hawiyes still in the north. Babile wordeo in fafan is majority karanle hawiye and gursum wordeo is majority sheekhaal. In oromia east hararghe, the town of babile which is one of the most populated in the region is owned by karanle hawiyes and they farm all the way into the harari region. Harar itself has a heavy presence of various hawiye subclans (mainly sheekhaal) and we even have a segment of the city named after us.View attachment 188393
In sitti zone, we heavily live in the southern side and live alongside both the oromo and the ciise. The gugundhabe hawiye are so numerous and powerful that they live on the boarder between the oromo and somali in towns like mulu, miesso and chiro and unlike many other clans still maintained their somalinimo for the most part and haven’t assimilated. The karanle hawiye have alone been fighting the oromo expansion for decades and still hold onto babile firmly even though it’s part of the oromia regionView attachment 188396View attachment 188397View attachment 188398View attachment 188399

Hawiye in the north are numerous and it isn’t surprising that we still live up there considering the forefather of the hawiye clan is buried around the harar area.
That's true. I forgot about them.
Is Irir Samaale burried in Harar ?

I don't believe abtirsi beyond Hodanbari ma Rexaan, Hodanbari was recorded to have been Marehan abtirsi 500 years ago. Beyond tha it's political federation. Dir and Irir means origin, and it comes from the word Mir., wich is where plants originate. Arabic has similar words Amir= where the orders originate from. Samale or Absame or Awsame are Xeerka Same, wich some people now call Samale. Sameroon and Marehan had similar federation of Sade or Gadashid= the Sade people.

Last edited:
Not true.

There’s actually a good chunk of hawiyes still in the north. Babile wordeo in fafan is majority karanle hawiye and gursum wordeo is majority sheekhaal. In oromia east hararghe, the town of babile which is one of the most populated in the region is owned by karanle hawiyes and they farm all the way into the harari region. Harar itself has a heavy presence of various hawiye subclans (mainly sheekhaal) and we even have a segment of the city named after us.View attachment 188393
In sitti zone, we heavily live in the southern side and live alongside both the oromo and the ciise. The gugundhabe hawiye are so numerous and powerful that they live on the boarder between the oromo and somali in towns like mulu, miesso and chiro and unlike many other clans still maintained their somalinimo for the most part and haven’t assimilated. The karanle hawiye have alone been fighting the oromo expansion for decades and still hold onto babile firmly even though it’s part of the oromia regionView attachment 188396View attachment 188397View attachment 188398View attachment 188399

Isn't shiikhals Arabs ?

Trending