Somali men, if you like traditional gender roles then why are you not in Somalia?

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
Khadijah helped the prophet S.A.W.

However, if you knew anything about the deen, you would know that Islamically the man has to provide. That is the biggest rights your wife has over you. In fact the Quraan makes it clear that men are the maintainers and protectors of women.

Even if your wife is a millionaire, she still has rights of provision over you. That is Islamic gender roles.
«
So here is the issue that needs to be clarified:Many people use the abbreviation “SAW,” “SAWS,” or “PBUH” to fulfill this obligation in their writing. Is this something that fulfills the obligation of sending the salaah and salaam on the Messenger? Let us look now to some of the statements of the scholars regarding this practice. The Permanent Committee of Scholars in Saudi Arabia headed by ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abdillaah ibn Baaz issued the following verdict when asked about the validity of abbreviating the salaah on the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam): “The Sunnah is to write the entire phrase “sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam,” since it is a kind of supplication, and supplication is worship, (in one’s writing) just as it is in one’s speech. So to abbreviate it using the letter SAAD or the word SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM is not a supplication nor is it worship, whether it occurs in speech or writing. For this reason, this abbreviation was not used by the the first three generations, those that the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) testified to their goodness.” [8] “SAAD” and “SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM” are often used in some Arabic books. The English equivalents of these abbreviations would be: SAW, SAWS, SAAWS, PBUH, and the likes. Al-Fayrooz-Abaadee said, “It is not appropriate to use symbols or abbreviations to refer to salaah and salaam, as some of the lazy ones do, as well as some ignorant people and even some students of knowledge – they write ‘SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM’ instead of writing ‘sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam.'” [9] Ahmad Shaakir said, “It is the absurd tradition of some of the later generations that they abbreviate the writing of ‘sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam.'” [10] Wasee Allaah ‘Abbaas said, “It is not permissible to abbreviate the salaams in general in one’s writing, just as it is not permissible to abbreviate the salaah and salaam on the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam). It is also not permissible to abbreviate either of these in one’s speech.” [11] And Allaah knows best. May the most perfect and complete salaah and salaam be upon our beloved Messenger, and upon his noble family and companions.»
FOOTNOTES

[1] written by Moosaa Richardson

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
If you don't like your gender roles then don't expect Somali men to be traditional because he will not give you meher. The wedding, honeymoon, house rent and bills will be split to 50/50. When you're on a date with him, you'll pay your half.

We get it you like modern relationships but don't force that culture onto other people who aren't into it. Some Somali women prefer traditional relationships and they are willing to do their gender roles. Nobody is forcing them. They just know it's part of the bargain.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
@Knowles pick and choose:
Are you into traditional gender roles OR into modern ones?!
This whole thread you were telling Male posters to honour Islamic laws and provide for their wives which is a bit weird considering how you come off as a ferocious feminist and extremely ANTI traditional gender roles.

Are you one of those twisted condescending souls who aspire to be seen as EQUALS yet expect indisputable generous provisions from their Male partners?! Are you a hypocrite?!!!.

If you don't like your gender roles then don't expect Somali men to be traditional because he will not give you meher. The wedding, honeymoon, house rent and bills will be split to 50/50. When you're on a date with him, you'll pay your half.

We get it you like modern relationships but don't force that culture onto other people who aren't into it. Some Somali women prefer traditional relationships and they are willing to do their gender roles. Nobody is forcing them. They just know it's part of the bargain.
But who would want their wife to work and interact with other men? I'd rather she stay at home and occupy herself with hobbies (cooking/reading/watching tv), then she be around other men.

Muji

VIP
@Knowles pick and choose:
Are you into traditional gender roles OR into modern ones?!
This whole thread you were telling Male posters to honour Islamic laws and provide for their wives which is a bit weird considering how you come off as a ferocious feminist and extremely ANTI traditional gender roles.

Are you one of those twisted condescending souls who aspire to be seen as EQUALS yet expect indisputable generous provisions from their Male partners?! Are you a hypocrite?!!!.

@Karim this was pointing out the hypocrisy of men who shout about traditional roles. Yet don’t want to meet their end of the bargain. Notice how @Inquisitive_ has kept a distance.

Muji

VIP
But who would want their wife to work and interact with other men? I'd rather she stay at home and occupy herself with hobbies (cooking/reading/watching tv), then she be around other men.

Loooooooooooool jealous insecure Male. I always tell @Basra men are the jealous sex but they dress it up as faux masculine guardianship. Housewives with time on their hands are most likely to cheat. Ask basra

Muji

VIP

I would be happy to go into a patriarchal relationship where I will be the housewife who cooks and cleans. But not to a coward who is an abled bodied man refusing the fight for his country. The whole point of this thread is if you want a traditional marriage you have to meet your end. Stop hiding in a country the white man built and fix your own country.

Muji

VIP
It's possible to be both an individualist who cares for neither country or nationhood and be a traditionalist when it comes to your own personal life. You're an intelligent woman and it's surprising to me how you're conflating the two.

Sounds like hypocrisy to me

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I would be happy to go into a patriarchal relationship where I will be the housewife who cooks and cleans. But not to a coward who is an abled bodied man refusing the fight for his country. The whole point of this thread is if you want a traditional marriage you have to meet your end. Stop hiding in a country the white man built and fix your own country.

That does not make any sense.

I don't understand how you're conflating both nationalism and traditionalism? You don't have to involve your country when it comes to your personal life decisions of being a traditionalist.

Muji

VIP
That does not make any sense.

I don't understand how you're conflating both nationalism and traditionalism? You don't have to involve your country when it comes to your personal life decisions of being a traditionalist.

I don’t respect men who run away from their country but expect me to obey them lol. If your man was homeless and was a bum would you be cooking and cleaning for him...?

During world war 2 men were forced to fight for their country and their families and if they didn’t they were shunned. We should bring this back.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I don’t respect men who run away from their country but expect me to obey them lol. If your man was homeless and was a bum would you be cooking and cleaning for him...?

During world war 2 men were forced to fight for their country and their families and if they didn’t they were shunned. We should bring this back.

In the west, you have Muslims, Jews, non-whites and even atheists who are into traditional relationships so Somali men living in the west can have the same right too.

I'm not forcing you to be in a traditional relationship walaal. I'm just saying you can't change our mind because it is what we prefer and for your information, I am from Somaliland and it's peaceful so what fighting for your country are you talking about and how does this relate to your personal life and relationship preferences?

This is what I believe.

Modern relationships are for men who are broke and in need but men who are in the middle or rich class have the right to demand a traditional wife. Alhamdulillah, I am blessed with money so I'm good and know what I am looking for.

Muji

VIP
In the west, you have Muslims, Jews, non-whites and even atheists who are into traditional relationships so Somali men living in the west can have the same right too.

I'm not forcing you to be in a traditional relationship walaal. I'm just saying you can't change our mind because it is what we prefer and for your information, I am from Somaliland and it's peaceful so what fighting for your country are you talking about and how does this relate to your personal life and relationship preferences?

This is what I believe.

Modern relationships are for men who are broke and in need but men who are in the middle or rich class have the right to demand a traditional wife. Alhamdulillah, I am blessed with money so I'm good and know what I am looking for.
You are Somali whether you like it or not.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
You are Somali whether you like it or not.

Who said I wasn't? :icon lol:

Knowles, whatever type of guy you're looking for. I hope you find one, inshallah.

Just remember you can't change our preferences. Everyone has their right just as you do.

Loooooooooooool jealous insecure Male. I always tell @Basra men are the jealous sex but they dress it up as faux masculine guardianship. Housewives with time on their hands are most likely to cheat. Ask basra
I was more worried about sexual harrasment. A woman without a wali is at the mercy of strange men. Housewives like basra are an entire other book. A capable hubby is medicine enough for those yearns of hers;)

Muji

VIP
I was more worried about sexual harrasment. A woman without a wali is at the mercy of strange men. Housewives like basra are an entire other book. A capable hubby is medicine enough for those yearns of hers;)

Yeah you keep telling yourself that sxb
Lol @ wali
Men who adopt a father and child like role in their mariage are weirdos

Muji

VIP
Who said I wasn't? :icon lol:

Knowles, whatever type of guy you're looking for. I hope you find one, inshallah.

Just remember you can't change our preferences. Everyone has their right just as you do.

I can point out the hypocrisy though

Yeah you keep telling yourself that sxb
Lol @ wali
Men who adopt a father and child like role in their mariage are weirdos
Rather be pegged a weirdo than have something happen to my wife. Statistics show that Just the presence of a man accompanying his wife reduces the chances of rape by 70%

And yes, women are essentially children, hence the saying "women & children"

Muji

VIP
Rather be pegged a weirdo than have something happen to my wife. Statistics show that Just the presence of a man accompanying his wife reduces the chances of rape by 70%

And yes, women are essentially children, hence the saying "women & children"

Most rape is carried out by the husband or the boyfriend you chat xaar

Trending

Latest posts