Somali language dying out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its really dying out amongst kids I noticed.. Wallaahi waan naxay. This generation little kids under the 10 dont speak one word af Somali. Imagine what will happen in 50 years time? That would be disastrous.

So I am babysitting my nieces daughters of my oldest sister. I was just lazying around and told a 5 year old year old to close the door properly. Basically "albaabka sii fiican u soo xir"

The little 5 year old goes: What did you say I didnt understand you? English please.

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

Imagine these ones having kids? Waa cadaan caadi ah. Im blaming young Somali parents to be honest. Why would raise them speaking Ingiriis in stead of af-Soomaali?

R.I.P Af Somaali
R.I.P Somali culture
Sadly not only rhe language. I expect a lot of saqajaan-nimo coming out way too meaning hoyo qanis aan ahay lol. Not to mentions drug addiction problems. I worry for somali parents although i am not one yet. We need to run with ciyalkena.

Sadly not only rhe language. I expect a lot of saqajaan-nimo coming out way too meaning hoyo qanis aan ahay lol. Not to mentions drug addiction problems. I worry for somali parents although i am not one yet. We need to run with ciyalkena.
Hooyo khanis baan ahay....every somali hooyos biggest nightmare. My mum would disown any khanis 100%.

Hooyo khanis baan ahay....every somali hooyos biggest nightmare. My mum would disown any khanis 100%.
its coming. I dont think they should disown their kids. they're once who brought them up in an environment like that. parentes would be partly to blame.parents in the west barely have their kids if you count the hours of school hours.

Last edited:
its coming. I dont think they should disown their kids. they're once who brought them up in an environment like that. parentes would be partly to blame.
Maybe...but most somali hooyos dont have time for a khanis. I swear there is someone very clwillin my family i suspect is one. We never talked about it....but its just there and I am sure most of family have the same idea. If we never talk about it we can pretend something is not off. He is 33...never talks to girls and have a lot of male friends. They are not the manliest type of guys either

Problem ive noticed in High School education system is there are no Somali classes. I remember asking my coordinator about other students having Greek, Italian or Spanish classes. Shes sum it up perfectly, blame your community its shits :mjcry:
The Somali community needs to set up state approved learning classes that count towards your final grades.
They teached Somali, Arabic and Turkish at my state school for the kids :ehh:

BankaTuyo

حيران
R.I.P Af Somaali
R.I.P Somali culture

Don't worry, qurbejoog can't shift the linguistic survival of Somali in the future, what i am extremely worried about is the borrowing of words from different languages and how globalization is effecting Somalis in the home country and their rich language.

Maybe...but most somali hooyos dont have time for a khanis. I swear there is someone very clwillin my family i suspect is one. We never talked about it....but its just there and I am sure most of family have the same idea. If we never talk about it we can pretend something is not off. He is 33...never talks to girls and have a lot of male friends. They are not the manliest type of guys either
Sometimes suspicion is a sin. Unless there is blatant evidence i wouldnt judge since he is a grown adult. its between Allah and him. now if he was a kid and i saw the signs then i would run and take him to somalia dhaqan celis camp lol

Apollo

VIP
Somali will die out in the West.. but it will be fine in Somalia.

Most Italian Americans don't speak Italian.

It's hard to keep a language alive in a foreign land. Language shift is bound to happen.

Somali will die out in the West.. but it will be fine in Somalia.

Most Italian Americans don't speak Italian.

It's hard to keep a language alive in a foreign land. Language shift is bound to happen.
its not hard for the chinese and spanish. we can do it too.

We need to learn a civilised language like Arabic @ home. Arabic will probably become lingua Franca of Somalia. Somalis might as well make it their home language. Amharic, Arabic, Zwahili and more cultured languages are going to killing off Somalia language.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts