Somali language dying out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nacas baad tahay. I stopped reading after this line
Because you want emotive ethnic nationalism. I am telling you guys to learn languages which bring economic advantages and lead to more job opportunities...,,,You guys are telling kids to learn a language which is nearing extinction.......,.Even Somalis back home now speak a pidgin Somali Arabic....,,,40% of the language now consists of Arabic loanwords..,............

Because you want emotive ethnic nationalism. I am telling you guys to learn languages which bring economic advantages and lead to more job opportunities...,,,You guys are telling kids to learn a language which is nearing extinction.......,.Even Somalis back home now speak a pidgin Somali Arabic....,,,40% of the language now consists of Arabic loanwords..,............
Fine, let's start speaking English or Mandarin then :trumpsmirk: 10x more useful than Arabic

hell no...Im not gonna have an a carab say you dont even have your own language. You have to use ours. We should save our language. There are enough of us somalis in the world. And if we use your logic outside of 5-6 languages rest are pointless. The ethopians have 80+ languages and we cant take care of one? waryaa isku xishood
Amharic will be the main language in Jigjiga soon. Somali language is inferior.

It won’t be extinct because there are many Arabic and Islamic schools. It is too late to save Somali. I think Somalis should speak Somali as a second languag in Somalia and adopt Arabic as the first; Somalis in the West should learn Arabic and English; those in Kenya/ Ethiopia have started the process of adopting Zwahili, Oromo and Amharic. They have realised Somali is a
Lingua Franca for camel herders. It brings no economic, political or educational benefits. Why do you think Somali never had a script for so long? I don’t see the point in forcing kids to learn a pointless language for the sake of emotional ethno nationalism.
Your lying I'm in kenya right now and everyone here can speak somali and is not adopting Swahili as a mother tongue. As for Amharic? Stop the bullshitting somalis in ogaden don't speak that shit saxib and oromo!

Amharic will be the main language in Jigjiga soon. Somali language is inferior.
bro if you gonna give up on your own language, then you might as well give up on everything. As a people you have to value whats yours and the language is ours. Once you say my language is not good enough I am gonna adopt someone else, then might as well adopt their culture and everything else. No one respect followers. I was born in an arab country. I seen first hand how they treat somalis and black people in general.......hell know I am gonna adopt those sand language. And no its not being emotional....its having pride. Our country is down right now and as a people we are a mess for sure. But we will rise again and we will unite as people.

Your lying I'm in kenya right now and everyone here can speak somali and is not adopting Swahili as a mother tongue. As for Amharic? Stop the bullshitting somalis in ogaden don't speak that shit saxib and oromo!
Millions of Somalis have abandoned Somali for Oromo. Somalis in Ethiopia will start speaking Amharic and ditch Somali once they realise Somali language is inferior and are economically and culturally integrated into Ethiopia. The same will happen vis-à-vis Swahili. Somali is dying in the Horn of Africa and you guys want Somali kids to learn Somali in the West? Unbelievable!

bro if you gonna give up on your own language, then you might as well give up on everything. As a people you have to value whats yours and the language is ours. Once you say my language is not good enough I am gonna adopt someone else, then might as well adopt their culture and everything else. No one respect followers. I was born in an arab country. I seen first hand how they treat somalis and black people in general.......hell know I am gonna adopt those sand ******s language. And no its not being emotional....its having pride. Our country is down right now and as a people we are a mess for sure. But we will rise again and we will unite as people.
Spare me the emotional ethnic nationalism drivel. Somali language is now Arabic creole and pidgin like they speak in Caribbean.

Millions of Somalis have abandoned Somali for Oromo. Somalis in Ethiopia will start speaking Amharic and ditch Somali once they realise Somali language is inferior and are economically and culturally integrated into Ethiopia. The same will happen vis-à-vis Swahili. Somali is dying in the Horn of Africa and you guys want Somali kids to learn Somali in the West? Unbelievable!
The lies:ulyin:

Spare me the emotional ethnic nationalism drivel. Somali language is now Arabic creole and pidgin like they speak in Caribbean.
nonsense......I work with 1 somali guy and we speak somali everyday to the annoyance of others. This arab dont understand a sh1t even when we talk shit about him. You would sell us to arabs given the chance. Its people like you who has no somalinimo in them we have to be wary off. The enemy within

can you imagine a somali husband and a wife speaking amharic at home...I mean I wish he could make up more realistic lie. My aunt live in Ethopia for 10 years. She refused to learn the language.....bakhtigaas ma baranayi lol.

Even the ones who learn that disgusting language would never speak to a fellow somali with it.

Which lies? Do you deny the fact that hundreds and thousands of Somalis now speak the language of Oromo farmers. Somali only persists in Ogaden and NFD because of underdevelopment. Somali declines when it is met by a more superior and civilised language.

#facts trump emotive ethnic nationalism,

nonsense......I work with 1 somali guy and we speak somali everyday to the annoyance of others. This arab dont understand a sh1t even when we talk shit about him. You would sell us to arabs given the chance. Its people like you who has no somalinimo in them we have to be wary off. The enemy within
List me ten Somali words used in everyday language and I will show you 5 are Arabic words. I am the enemy because I use logic and reasoning?

I am out! Good day!

List me ten Somali words used in everyday language and I will show you 5 are Arabic words. I am the enemy because I use logic and reasoning?

I am out! Good day!
DSF-Say-It-With-a-Tiffany-Pollard-GIF-third.gif

That's basically how my kids will turn out unfortunately. If I have any Insha'Allah

I can't even pretend to be shocked because my own Somali is ass. I'd say pretty average compared to my peers- but really ass regardless.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Problem ive noticed in High School education system is there are no Somali classes. I remember asking my coordinator about other students having Greek, Italian or Spanish classes. Shes sum it up perfectly, blame your community its shits :mjcry:
The Somali community needs to set up state approved learning classes that count towards your final grades.

Its really dying out amongst kids I noticed.. Wallaahi waan naxay. This generation little kids under the 10 dont speak one word af Somali. Imagine what will happen in 50 years time? That would be disastrous.

So I am babysitting my nieces daughters of my oldest sister. I was just lazying around and told a 5 year old year old to close the door properly. Basically "albaabka sii fiican u soo xir"

The little 5 year old goes: What did you say I didnt understand you? English please.

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

Imagine these ones having kids? Waa cadaan caadi ah. Im blaming young Somali parents to be honest. Why would raise them speaking Ingiriis in stead of af-Soomaali?

R.I.P Af Somaali
R.I.P Somali culture
It's only in the west. There are 14 million somalis back home who speak the language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending