Somali ladies in the West: Honest assessment.

Discussion in 'General' started by Finesse, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Finesse

Finesse

Ratings:
    +4,192
    (DISCLAIMER: I am not absolving Somali men but just feel it's high-time Somali women dealt with some unpleasant truths)

Like most ethnic groups in the world, our biggest strengths become our biggest flaws when we are not in our homelands. For instance, Somali women have always done physically and mentally testing tasks, for instance, building aqal Somali whilst having a baby strapped on the back/

Then modernisation happened and Somali women entered the work force in droves and took part in all manners of public and private sphere careers.

Our women are known to be independent and fiercely outspoken but this does not translate well OUTSIDE of our country.

Why are many Somali ladies loud and attention seeking in public?

If you must, focus on issues that matter, for instance, injustice against Somalis and other issues that affect us but please, understand that you represent us all so try to behave with decorum and dignity.

I have even seen ladies with hijab on their profile pic who are quite provocative in speech, flirting with foreign men.

Be brave
    Be bold
    But please, have some self-respect in public.

Stop shouting in the streets and in the public.
    Stop dancing with a hijab on in the street.
    Stop shaming the hijab.

1. Solution:

Please teach your daughters and sons manners before they even go to school.
    Please show them how to behave with tact and dignity and teach them self-respect.

• Love Love x 9
    • Like Like x 6
    • Qashin Qashin x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Finesse

Finesse

Ratings:
    +4,192
    Why are "Hijabi" models mostly Somali?
    Why are mostly Somali girls dressed in tight revealing clothing? Other ethnic groups have the decency to at least remove the hijab if they will dress this provocative.
    Why are there Somali girls going to concerts with a hijab on?
    Why are Somali hijabis hugging "celebrity" men and chasing them around?

This is very alarming and point towards a huge failure in how many Somalis were raised after the civil war.

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 6
    • Qashin Qashin x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Desert Flower

Desert Flower

Ratings:
    +1,827
    I agree 100%. It makes little sense to wear hijab but also wear revealing clothing. I never understood that.

• Love Love x 5
  4. Abdisamad3

Abdisamad3

Ratings:
    +5,195
  5. Yukon_Niner

Yukon_Niner

Ratings:
    +1,129
    You lost me at "entered the work force in droves"

Most Somali parents don't do shit until it damages their image and then they just take their kids to Somalia like it's going to solve something. I wish they'd teach their kids to not act like the spawn of human feaces in the first place.

What's worse is the one's with shitty kids gossiping about other parents shitty kids and telling their annoying waste of life kids not the hang out with them.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SOULSEARCHING

SOULSEARCHING

Ratings:
    +1,511
    You are right, but have you seen Desi and Arab muslim women? The majority don't wear the hijab correctly.
    You will see a indian wearing a khames showing their long hairy arms.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Shuusa

Shuusa

Ratings:
    +268
    :noneck:
    What does dignity and respect have to with what you wear?
    I don’t get it why somalia people care too much what women wears

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Finesse

Finesse

Ratings:
    +4,192

People should wear what they wish and practise what faith they wish but the Hijab deserves islamic manners

• Like Like x 4
    • Qashin Qashin x 1
  9. Finesse

Finesse

Ratings:
    +4,192

They wear their traditional clothing, the hindu women and the muslim women have the same garments except the Muslim one drapes it over her head.

I am talking about the Hijab

• Like Like x 1
    • Qashin Qashin x 1
  10. Somalihustler

Somalihustler

Ratings:
    +124
    Lets just be honest and come out and say Somali girls are trashy for the most part compared to their other muslim female counterparts

If you want to sleep with or bed a Somali girl it doesn't take much doesn't matter if your madow, cadaan, bariis cuuneh, it really doesn't take a lot of effort and that reflects the value of the women...before anyone gets mad how many somali girls below the age of 35 do you come across who have good manners, self respect, virgin, or dress modest, ain't loud, and don't behave like a hoe? Not many right....

• Qashin Qashin x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. IftiinOfLife

IftiinOfLife Raw Hard Truth

Ratings:
    +1,172
    Hijab how you mention it . Is just a fucking scarf on a girls head and for you to say ‘Somali girls should take it off and stop embarrassing it’ is an embarrassment upon yourself. Hijab is more then a fucking scarf on a head it’s attitude, modesty , good manners etc. This is such a pick me post.

You will never hear a Muslim say ‘ wow he’s doing all that and wearing a beard’ cause it’s fucking ridiculous.

Hijab is not a uniform and I don’t know why sunnis made it as such m, so foolish. This is the type of mentality that forces 3 year old girls to wear a rag on their heads.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Robin

Robin

Ratings:
    +564
    Look at the state of our country, then the state of Somali men before you try to drag other Somali women. What we do with our bodies is nobody else’s concern.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Robin

Robin

Ratings:
    +564
    This constant disparaging is what Xalimos hear from a young age when we get rags forced on our heads, insulted, and blamed for attracting men. Maybe if Somali society actually valued and respected their women, we wouldn’t be so trashy.

14. Gucci mane

Gucci mane

Ratings:
    +19,310
  15. Waaqo of Punt

Waaqo of Punt

Ratings:
    +2,684
    You sound like an incel....

Modelling companies like tall women, if they're accompanied with very dark skin they like it even more. Simple. There lots of south Sudanese and West African models too.

wth? Every ethnic has a minority of people that do these things...?

Barely. Again, picking on very scarce cases.

....idk...how do bees fly?

It sounds you based each of your points on a random xalimo you saw on snapchat or instagram. "xalimos this" and "xalimos that". Focus on better upbringing and ur daughter won't be a naag nool, no point in firing these shots.

• Like Like x 2
    • Qashin Qashin x 1
  16. Waaqo of Punt

Waaqo of Punt

Ratings:
    +2,684
    @Finesse

This was a very shitty read, thank you. Never seen such a 'pick me' and femcel post in a while.

Such dumb points to make....:ftw9nwa:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Qashin Qashin x 1
  17. Gambar

Gambar

Ratings:
    +14,862
    How can you teach your kids manners when you have no manners? Plus when you’re quiet, maskeen, docile what have you Somalis see you as a nacas. :ftw9nwa:

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Bohol

Bohol Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +37,486
    That is why I said numerous times hijab alone doesn't make one conservative but also manners.

Majority of Somali ho's wear hijab. Hijab for the most part is a cultural garment for Somalis not religious.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Frostybigmo1

Frostybigmo1

Ratings:
    +398
    wallahi i won’t lie to you i would destroy the hijabi girl lmaooo

• Qashin Qashin x 1
  20. Mehmet

Mehmet

Ratings:
    +3,423