Somali Kenyans possibly South Cushites?

That's not what I said.

South Cushites lived in Kenya before all of those groups, including Somalis.

E-M293 is not proto-Somali and will never be, it is a South Cushitic lineage.
How do you say that with certainty and what do you mean when you say Somali? What is Somali?

You got Dirs who are unique but are pretty much held to be the epitome of Somalis and Daroods who were only accepted into the Somali nation because of Dir whether he was an Arab (untrue) or something else. Do you mean only eastern cushites are Somali and what haplogroups would that include?

Apollo

VIP
How do you say that with certainty and what do you mean when you say Somali? What is Somali?

You got Dirs who are unique but are pretty much held to be the epitome of Somalis and Daroods who were only accepted into the Somali nation because of Dir whether he was an Arab (untrue) or something else. Do you mean only eastern cushites are Somali and what haplogroups would that include?

The Dir are not the epitome of Somalis when it comes to overall ancestry. Many Dir in K5 are heavily admixed with Oromos. The Dir of Somaliland are rather Somali, but not the Dir of K5 (who form the bulk of the Dir population). The Dir of Djibouti also got Afar admixture.

Autosomally, the epitome of Somalis are the Isaaq and Harti. Controversial, but true.

I can say with certainty that E-M293 in South Somalis like NFDers is from South Cushites and not from proto-Somalis. It is not comparable to the T1a lineage in the Dirs as that lineage is found in many Cushites & Ethiosemites (former Cushites), while E-M293 is primarily restricted to South Cushites. The geographic range of where it is found in Somalis (primarily near Kenya) is also another tell-tale sign.

The Dir are not the epitome of Somalis when it comes to overall ancestry. Many Dir in K5 are heavily admixed with Oromos. The Dir of Somaliland are rather Somali, but not the Dir of K5 (who form the bulk of the Dir population). The Dir of Djibouti also got Afar admixture.

Autosomally, the epitome of Somalis are the Isaaq and Harti. Controversial, but true.

I can say with certainty that E-M293 in South Somalis like NFDers is from South Cushites and not from proto-Somalis. It is not comparable to the T1a lineage in the Dirs as that lineage is found in many Cushites & Ethiosemites (former Cushites), while E-M293 is primarily restricted to South Cushites. The geographic range of where it is found in Somalis (primarily near Kenya) is also another tell-tale sign.
Youre missing the point. Dir could be half chinese today and it wouldnt change historic connotations of what Somali is. Dir by tradition is the epitome of Somali and all major clans are connected to Dir in some capacity. Daarood by somali tradition is unanimously a non-somali whatever he was. I'm not referring to purity which is why I asked what "somali" is. Somali is a name. Perhaps it was a confederation of sorts. I guess it remains to be seen what Somali kenyans as a whole will turn out to be.

Trending

Latest posts