Somali hijabi model in a Primark ad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sound like a racist to be honest. What do you have against black women?

Absolutely nothing. That's not what I meant at all. Somali women r used as an ideal standard (much like blonde white women) as a way to tell black women what they should aspire to look like. Go read Iman's infamous white girl dipped in chocolate quote.

It doesn't make it right at all though. But let's not act like black women aren't disparaged for their looks. (Go see the "do you like black women" thread on here to see what I mean).

This forum has perfected the art of obfuscation though damn.

World

VIP
Absolutely nothing. That's not what I meant at all. Somali women r used as an ideal standard (much like blonde white women) as a way to tell black women what they should aspire to look like. Go read Iman's infamous white girl dipped in chocolate quote.

It doesn't make it right at all though. But let's not act like black women aren't disparaged for their looks. (Go see the "do you like black women" thread on here to see what I mean).

This forum has perfected the art of obfuscation though damn.
I have never heard of Somali women used as an ideal standard for black women before. They’re stereotyped as ugly where I’m from(London) which is why people question if a good looking Somali girl is actually Somali. “Oh you’re too good looking to be Somali”.

The ideal looking black woman according to society is a mixed race or light skin black woman like Jorja Smith, Beyonce etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts