Somali hijabi model in a Primark ad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleNileRiver

Keepin Southies in check since 1998
Her name is Ikram Abdi Omar and she's from the UK.

DgsXR6yX4AUwpiA.jpg

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
Whats with Somali girls and this modelling obsession?

Where are the strict parents? I fear for the next generation wallahi.

She is beautiful.

Que the impending " BuT ShE iS AVerAgE xAliMo" spiel as if most Somali girls aren't beautiful by greater societal standards.

VIP
Donald Trump is single handedly responsible for all these "models". Look at him reducing unemployment in the somali community. That's my president.

Shes qurux but not every somali girl should be a model. There should be a wave of somali girls who are lawyers, doctors and teachers. I will feel more proud if more somali girls showcased that instead of modelling but oh well

World

VIP
She is beautiful.

Que the impending " BuT ShE iS AVerAgE xAliMo" spiel as if most Somali girls aren't beautiful by greater societal standards.
Since when were Muslim black women considered beautiful by greater societal standards. :bell:

And Somalis at that.

Since when were Muslim black women considered beautiful by greater societal standards. :bell:

And Somalis at that.

Don't be obtuse. We all know the ideal beauty standard is a blonde hair blue eyes girl in the west.

What I meant was, beauty standards in comparison to other black women. That's why Somali models are ubiquitous sxb.

Shes qurux but not every somali girl should be a model. There should be a wave of somali girls who are lawyers, doctors and teachers. I will feel more proud if more somali girls showcased that instead of modelling but oh well

Yeah, it's kinds getting to the point where I am like, " okay can a Somali woman be known for something other than her beauty?"

World

VIP
Don't be obtuse. We all know the ideal beauty standard is a blonde hair blue eyes girl in the west.

What I meant was, beauty standards in comparison to other black women. That's why Somali models are ubiquitous sxb.
You sound like a racist to be honest. What do you have against black women?

I second this
Where is the celebration and ‘breaking stereotypes’ support for those that achieve in other sectors
This reminds me there is a a network of somali professionals called ‘sxb’ that’s the only place I’ve seen so far that celebrates doctors etc women and men alike. I’m tired of the models and rappers
And this modelling hype will disillusion and misguide many girls. It’s a saturated and competitive market , and with all these hijabi models in the market now there isn’t going to be demand for more when their time comes
I’m not shitting at this girl’s success. She is beautiful mashallah. I wish her well.
One can also argue of the morality of modelling. Is it life fulfilling to have a job based on your appearance and a job that requires you to keep it up and live a straining life with diet and other restrictions. And there is also the ‘self obsession’ aspect, it’s also mentally exhausting. Models aren’t the best of role models and don’t need this glorification Somali insta models have been getting.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
for somali boys if education don't work they trap or do F, for girls they jump on twitter become s or go into modelling ,with youtube channel on the side.

I second this
Where is the celebration and ‘breaking stereotypes’ support for those that achieve in other sectors
This reminds me there is a a network of somali professionals called ‘sxb’ that’s the only place I’ve seen so far that celebrates doctors etc women and men alike. I’m tired of the models and rappers
And this modelling hype will disillusion and misguide many girls. It’s a saturated and competitive market , and with all these hijabi models in the market now there isn’t going to be demand for more when their time comes
I’m not shitting at this girl’s success. She is beautiful mashallah. I wish her well.
One can also argue of the morality of modelling. Is it life fulfilling to have a job based on your appearance and a job that requires you to keep it up and live a straining life with diet and other restrictions. And there is also the ‘self obsession’ aspect, it’s also mentally exhausting. Models aren’t the best of role models and don’t need this glorification Somali insta models have been getting.

There many Somali professionals networks like that
SNABPI - Member of SomaliPN

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.