Somali guy refuses to let his children learn in af somali

He's not talking about teaching your kids somali he's talking about the new somali curriculum.

I agree with him all the major subjects should be taught in English.

In the gulf region they're moving towards English instruction in all major subjects.

Ugandans kenyans south Africans can get very far because of their fluency in English yet still proudly speak their native tongues.

Apollo

VIP
He's not talking about teaching your kids somali he's talking about the new somali curriculum.

In the gulf region they're moving towards English instruction in all major subjects.

Ugandans kenyans south Africans can get very far because of their fluency in English yet still proudly speak their native tongues.

In countries like Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden etc everything is taught in their own language and they speak the best English out of non-Anglo countries. (source: https://www.ef.edu/epi/)

Average Faraxs in Somalia will never really travel to English speaking countries and the few who become business managers and are in direct contact with foreigners can learn English pretty much on their own with the internet.

No need to force English down the throats of people in Somalia.

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.

Sxb beenta iska dhaaf not only was he saying that he wouldn't teach his kids somali but also claiming that people who reside in waqooyi & konfuur couldn't understand each other.

Can get very far ? why haven't they what's stopping them ? why do they lag behind countries like japan, korea, germany china etc that teach in their native languages ? assuming that you'll get far merely by changing the language of academic instruction is nothing but a wild fantasy. Just compare a country like india to south korea what do you notice ?

Each country is different and as such should apply changes that best suit their needs based on their historical and cultural context. Somalia is in this mess due to adopting foreign ideas and cultural experiences without any reflections on how it would impact the country. Progress takes time and effort sxb it's doesn't happen simply by imitating others.

You're misleading. In the gulf there's different types of schools such as British, Indian, American etc. The local schools only teach Arabic as their curriculum. Most Somalis in the middle east go to the Arabic local schools including my family who lives there.

How sad do you have to be to forsake your own language?

Btw enforcing a foreign language upon Somalis in the education system back home will just create more unnecessary problems.

Well let's hope this balaayo doesn't get kids then, the fucking twat.

Its also unbelievable that some people in this thread are twerking to the that guys tune of self-hatred :susp:

VixR

Veritas
@VixR is a murtad in case you guys didn't know. Don't take her seriously.
Murtad, self-hate, cuck, blah, blah, all insults and bs, when all I spoke is fact. Get back to me when children are in schools again writing in their own language, bc your argument is running out of time.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
:susp:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Af- Soomaali is an extremely underdeveloped language its vocabulary are of limited consistency
1/3 of our vocabulary consists of Italian Arabic and English loanwords .
We lack the basic linguist skills to communicate from a far
A language that supposed to be the Lingue Franca
Our writing script were created in the 1970's during Siad Barre's literacy campaign , before that 80% of the population were illiterates forget about the so called wadaad script which was a copy of the Arabic script used by religious scholars etc

We were an oral society heavily relied on geeraar and gabaay

But that doesn't mean we should approve of this gentleman's heinous statement , I would teach my kids my mother tongue regardless of the lack of consistency with the modern age

I would encourage everyone to read Somali novels that were published in Pre- Civil War Somalia To get a glimpse where our mother tongue was once rich with passion not this modern age AF soomali garbage

Even our scientists/scholars// and professors tried their best somalifying and simplifying words that weren't comprehensible neither compatible with this day and age

Loss of language= loss of identity.
Your descendants will be confused and be similar to some of these african Americans who desperately claim achievements of others such as the Ancient Egyptians. So you should teach kids about the basics of the deen and their culture. You don’t have to be fluent the basics will do

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
There was a study done back in the 80s which looked at vocational schooling in Pre-civil war Somalia. The government wanted to save money and increase the amount of Somalis in vocational skills and opened many of these schools across the country. Unlike normal secondary Schooling, these schools were taught in English.

The result of this whole attempt and push towards vocational schooling was largely a failure as parents and the private sector didn't see the schools as better than normal secondary schools and would often take their children out of school to help with businesses or home. One of the primary reasons cited for the failure of vocational schooling was that the schools were taught in English as opposed to secondary schooling which was taught in Somali. Those that graduated from the schools would then struggle to transfer these skills into the employment sector and would go abroad seeking work.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0738059385900227

It is infinitely better to teach most education minus university level with the mother tongue of the population.

Weegi hore dagaalada iyo colaada aysan jirin , boqolkiiba sideetan shacabka da'a yar ama da'a weyn , sabool ama maalqabeen , reer miyi ama reer magaal dhamaantooda waxa
lagu diirageliyey inay qoraalka iyo akhrinta bartaan ayagana wax sii baran taasi keenay in aqoonta la sii faafo , dadna quraca hoosteeda ayay hooy iyo dugsi ka dhigeen .
Jiilka horre dad adag oo firfircoon ayay ahaayeen lagama dareemin in kalsoonidooda iyo isku duubnaan tooda lidi ku noqonaya jiilka dambe

Hasa yeeshe dagaalada sookeeya ayaa kuwa badan ku ridey inkaar la yirahdo isir naceyb , taas na saameyn aad u balaaran keenay
Shaki iguma jiro in jiilka cusub ay isbedelo cusub ku kordhinayaan ama wax tar leh soo bandhigayaan
Hadii ay kalsooni Ku qabaan afkooda hooyo
laakinse kuwa badan ka faana aya jira marka waxaa suuro gal ah in la hilmaamo hantidka ama dayactir sidaa loo yaqaan waayo AF Soomaaliga maanta waa la dayacay
Hadii aanu faaloona waxay u egtahay in beritoole afkeena u tirtirmaayo dadka naga dambeeya kala duwanaansho iyo isfaham daro iyo garasho la'aan ku dhacayo waana ayaan daro hadaanan ka hor tagin

Wa in aanu maankeena kaashana

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
@Gabz19988 @EDsomali

Should Somalis adopt a second script
If things were to detoriate and disintegrate

Did you know the Georgian language has three distinct scripts ,
In the streets of Tbilisi you can see Mkhendruli and Latin scripts written on billboards, commercial buildings and instructions side by side.

What if the same were to apply in Somalia
Latin and Osmanya etc

Weegi hore dagaalada iyo colaada aysan jirin , boqolkiiba sideetan shacabka da'a yar ama da'a weyn , sabool ama maalqabeen , reer miyi ama reer magaal dhamaantooda waxa
lagu diirageliyey inay qoraalka iyo akhrinta bartaan ayagana wax sii baran taasi keenay in aqoonta la sii faafo , dadna quraca hoosteeda ayay hooy iyo dugsi ka dhigeen .
Jiilka horre dad adag oo firfircoon ayay ahaayeen lagama dareemin in kalsoonidooda iyo isku duubnaan tooda lidi ku noqonaya jiilka dambe

Hasa yeeshe dagaalada sookeeya ayaa kuwa badan ku ridey inkaar la yirahdo isir naceyb , taas na saameyn aad u balaaran keenay
Shaki iguma jiro in jiilka cusub ay isbedelo cusub ku kordhinayaan ama wax tar leh soo bandhigayaan
Hadii ay kalsooni Ku qabaan afkooda hooyo
laakinse kuwa badan ka faana aya jira marka waxaa suuro gal ah in la hilmaamo hantidka ama dayactir sidaa loo yaqaan waayo AF Soomaaliga maanta waa la dayacay
Hadii aanu faaloona waxay u egtahay in beritoole afkeena u tirtirmaayo dadka naga dambeeya kala duwanaansho iyo isfaham daro iyo garasho la'aan ku dhacayo waana ayaan daro hadaanan ka hor tagin

Wa in aanu maankeena kaashana

Actually , beri hore the older generation enrollment wasn't 80% but closer to 20%. Only in Xamar did the literacy rate amongst the youth hit 70%.

People like today take their children out of schooling early to help businesses or at home. Truthfully, the only way to protect your language is if we not only make it our education langauge Af-Soomaali but also put in place measures to stop children leaving school early and improve the quality and availability of education.

Education should take at least 20% of budgets but last I checked the FGS only spent 1% or something ridiculous like that for education.

@Gabz19988 @EDsomali

Should Somalis adopt a second script
If things were to detoriate and disintegrate

Did you know the Georgian language has three distinct scripts ,
In the streets of Tbilisi you can see Mkhendruli and Latin scripts written on billboards, commercial buildings and instructions side by side.

What if the same were to apply in Somalia
Latin and Osmanya etc

Keep Laatiin.

It's simpler and easier than having two sciprts but maybe teach Osmanya to smart kids in education.

I've made some videos on Somali songs written in Far Cismaaniya.

In countries like Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden etc everything is taught in their own language and they speak the best English out of non-Anglo countries. (source: https://www.ef.edu/epi/)

Average Faraxs in Somalia will never really travel to English speaking countries and the few who become business managers and are in direct contact with foreigners can learn English pretty much on their own with the internet.

No need to force English down the throats of people in Somalia.

Language connect people to their culture. Kill the language and you kill the culture. There are Somalis who want to completely change Somali culture

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Keep Laatiin.

It's simpler and easier than having two sciprts but maybe teach Osmanya to smart kids in education.

I've made some videos on Somali songs written in Far Cismaaniya.

Get rid of latin and swap back to osmanya so ooga booga can never return

You're misleading. In the gulf there's different types of schools such as British, Indian, American etc. The local schools only teach Arabic as their curriculum. Most Somalis in the middle east go to the Arabic local schools including my family who lives there.

Not anymore it's not! when was last time you were in the gulf they're changing their education system specially in UAE in public schools very soon all major subjects will be in English. I work here I know.

Not anymore it's not! when was last time you were in the gulf they're changing their education system specially in UAE in public schools very soon all major subjects will be in English. I work here I know.
Oh, I don't know about now. The last time I was in the gulf was UAE in 2016.

Language connect people to their culture. Kill the language and you kill the culture. There are Somalis who want to completely change Somali culture

This is not about killing the language you people and your bullshit getnowhere nationalism.

Just look at other African who get educated in English but still speak fluently and proudly their mother tongue are amongst the most educated in africa.

Did you know kenyans write dissertations and assignments for western university students and get paid to do this online. That's how good they are.

Pushing our curriculum to be in English is nothing against your own language it's progressive and will benefit our students in the long term

Trending