Somali Genes

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Somali genes are weak af. I have 4 cousins that are Indian/somali mix - Hyderabadi/Daarod mix that speak urdu and all 4 of the children came out light Indian skin. Like fair skin indian. Only one of them had curly hair and it was 3c hair and the rest had Indian straight hair. They barely look like my uncle and mostly look like their mother. They don't got that cushitic look and all fair skinned.

Indian genes are strong af Ig:damsel:

Last edited:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
indian genes aren’t even strong, they literally get dwarfed by chinese and white genes.

Every desi-white mix I’ve seen lion completely white. Same with desi-asian, they just look asian.

Somali genes aren’t weak, it’s just that the Somali phenotype is just incredibly unique that it’s hard to keep it after mixing. if you look closely you can usually see the somali in a half somali person, it’s just not obvious.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Somali genes are weak af. I have 4 cousins that are Indian/somali mix - Hyderabadi/Daarod mix that speak urdu and all 4 of the children came out light Indian skin. Like fair skin indian. Only one of them had curly hair and it was 3c hair and the rest had Indian straight hair. They barely look like my uncle and mostly look like their mother. They don't got that cushitic look and all fair skinned.

Indian genes are strong af Ig:damsel:
Genetic is random, there are Somali Arab mix that look like Somali with maarin skin

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
indian genes aren’t even strong, they literally get dwarfed by chinese and white genes.

Every desi-white mix I’ve seen lion completely white. Same with desi-asian, they just look asian.

Somali genes aren’t weak, it’s just that the Somali phenotype is just incredibly unique that it’s hard to keep it after mixing. if you look closely you can usually see the somali in a half somali person, it’s just not obvious.

Not always the case. I think we should acknowledge white passing half Somalis exist because some full Somalis have a certain skin colour geneotype for paler skin anyway. Hence why its not unheard of when the child looks far removed from Somalis. What is certain is few ever look unmistakably Somali. They never pass my limitus test.

Viscount

I got real connections

You haven't seen many mixed Somalis, it really depends on the phenotype of said individual. A Somali that lacks the gene SLC4A52 will produce a light skin looking Somali kid, a Somali who carries the gene SLC4A52 will produce a white kid. If you're AA or AG you carry the gene for light skin. Only about 50-60% Somali have this gene.

note.png

I took a 23andme test and it said I had the AA variant strangely enough.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
You haven't seen many mixed Somalis, it really depends on the phenotype of said individual. A Somali that lacks the gene SLC4A52 will produce a light skin looking Somali kid, a Somali who carries the gene SLC4A52 will produce a white kid. If you're AA or AG you carry the gene for light skin. Only about 50-60% Somali have this gene.

View attachment 175294

What part of 23andme does it say you have the variant? I couldn’t find any breakdowns of any variant

s

View attachment 175294

same

alien

📍outer space
VIP

View attachment 175294

Wow that's interesting. Where do they show this on 23andme

View attachment 175294

Explains why Somali skin tone is so varied between parents and siblings, also not rare to see two darkskin Somalis produce lightskin children.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

View attachment 175294

I have the AA genotype luckily my blood family isn't into ajnabis.

20210316_055706.png

Viscount

I got real connections
Somali mixing is like a Russian roulette it's too risky, I have seen some good looking half Somali and some ugly duckling looking motherfuckers. Pure Somalis are better looking.

Viscount

I got real connections
I got CC as well. No clue what it means. They provide zero background. We should ask @Viscount for an explanation.
CC means you won't get skin cancer and are more protected from the sun, Cadaan people, some Middle Eastern and North African have GG/CG. This gene is not advantageous in Africa and makes you more susceptible to Skin Cancer it's called SLC45A2.