Somali Galbeed 🇬🇶🇸🇴 has the right to self-determination, including secession According to the Ethiopian Constitution

Article 39

Right to Self-determination:
  • Every Nation, Nationality, and People has the unconditional right to self-determination, including the right to secession.
  • This right extends to expressing,developing, and promoting their culture, language, and history.
  • They also have the right to a full measure of self-government within their territory and equitable representation in federal and state governments.

Secession Process:

• For secession to occur, several steps must be followed:
    • The legislative council of the Nation, Nationality, or People desiring secession must approve the demand by a two-thirds majority.
    • The federal government must organize a referendum within three years of receiving the council's decision.
    • The demand for secession needs to be supported by a majority vote in the referendum.
    • The federal government transfers its powers to the council that voted for secession.
    • Assets are divided in a manner prescribed by law.
I’m from Somali galbeed how can we as Somalis start this process or is it unlikely?

edit: I heard the previous regional leader Abdi iley tried to start this process before he was out of office he was a bad guy a fucking terrorist who was placed in office by tplf he was basically a puppet that made jail Ogaden which he tortured Somali people

“The government will kill or arrest anyone who tries. Rule of law only applies to those who don’t rule. A Somali Region president already tried to start this process but was arrested (he was a bad guy so no one cared).”
🤔

Last edited:

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
I'm afraid Ethiopia will not give you up without blood being spilled. Despite whatever is written in the constitution, the fundamental law of might makes right applies. The liberation of galbeed is a collective dream of Somalis and best shot is to arm up, defend yourself from the encroaching enemy.

Mayor

Dual Federalism or Balkanize. Never Centralism
Article 39

Right to Self-determination:
  • Every Nation, Nationality, and People has the unconditional right to self-determination, including the right to secession.
  • This right extends to expressing,developing, and promoting their culture, language, and history.
  • They also have the right to a full measure of self-government within their territory and equitable representation in federal and state governments.

Secession Process:

• For secession to occur, several steps must be followed:
    • The legislative council of the Nation, Nationality, or People desiring secession must approve the demand by a two-thirds majority.
    • The federal government must organize a referendum within three years of receiving the council's decision.
    • The demand for secession needs to be supported by a majority vote in the referendum.
    • The federal government transfers its powers to the council that voted for secession.
    • Assets are divided in a manner prescribed by law.
I’m from Somali galbeed how can we as Somalis start this process or is it unlikely?

edit: I heard the previous regional leader Abdi iley tried to start this process before he was out of office he was a bad guy a fucking terrorist who was placed in office by tplf he was basically a puppet that made jail Ogaden which he tortured Somali people

“The government will kill or arrest anyone who tries. Rule of law only applies to those who don’t rule. A Somali Region president already tried to start this process but was arrested (he was a bad guy so no one cared).”
🤔
If Ethiopia’s war against the Amhara become as bad as the last one against Tigray, I think you guys can use the instability as a reason to leave. That and the years of injustice and oppression will be enough to justify your independence

The problem is, what will happen to the Somali areas that were absorbed by Oromia and Afar Region? Will they be able to join DDS, or will they stay apart of the states that they’re currently with?

If Ethiopia’s war against the Amhara become as bad as the last one against Tigray, I think you guys can use the instability as a reason to leave. That and the years of injustice and oppression will be enough to justify your independence

The problem is, what will happen to the Somali areas that were absorbed by Oromia and Afar Region? Will they be able to join DDS, or will they stay apart of the states that they’re currently with?
You are right ever since the British gave this region to Ethiopia they’ve been slowly absorbing and changing the border even towns like the one my uncle is from which is called Raaso is now fully under Oromia
And also places like bale and haraghe were inhabited by Somalis less than 500 years ago even dir dawa and harar are all Somali the walls of harar were built by Somali men it’s our city

The best thing is to leave and take whatever you have now. Soon as you do that Ethiopia will likely disintegrate and you can xoog the land back from the Oromos who used the ENDF to take Somali-lands.

Trending

Latest posts