Somali Federation Is Mogadishu Centric

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Who in the world came up with this 'federalism' model, Abdillahi Yusuf was old in my opinion and had the view the 'capital' had to be restored in order for Somalia to restore itself. That's not true, the federation process should've of been with PL/SL negiotating on a New Somalia Deal and annexing the south as 'warzone' who has to fulfill federation guidelines such as;

1. Unify their people thru a bottom up process not top down from Mogadishu and develop a legally binding constitution
2. Security not only internal security such as policing but have regional army securing their territorial integrity
3. Rule of Law and court systems at regional and local scale be it civil, military, and constitutional courts
4. Institutional building and development and progress
5. Democracy

If we added those stipulations to the federation of Somalia, we could allow the south be left to their own devices and no excuses of interference and this and that, because I noticed when you leave them alone such as GM/HS, they don't achieve a single milestone, they hold the nation down and this drags PL/SL down as we have to wait for a troublesome region which isn't fair and isn't Somalinimo.

Intay is-xagaajinayan, why not relocate the SFG towards PL/SL territories and use that as incentive to the south to get their act together before the northern part of the nation starts to look like dubai, while they sit there running around after shabab and insecurities.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Change the capital. Simple.

Not change the capital only, we expect the south follow some sort of federation guidelines like Australian regions did before unifying as a federal nation. Consider the federation like a 'cake'. PL/SL has brought their slice of Somalia and followed the guidelines of federation.

Imagine we said to the south until you bring your slice, we will not allow you to join the Somali federation, this would provide an incentive for their locals to get their act together before the north becomes the new dubai. The reason for the anomosity from the PL/SL towards the south is, we can no longer keep waiting for them, we did a isku tashi in 98 in PL and if it wasn't for that, the little progress we do have wouldn't be possible.

I say we should do another isku tashi and really talk about do we prefer a federalism that is mogadishu centric where we try to fix it from the top down(national level) or should we leave these regions to their own devices and simply relocate the capital and government towards PL/SL

Abdullahi Yusuf was right in idea imo, I do not believe changing the capital will lead to any real good occuring other than further breaking the nation and weakening the region as a whole.

The south has to reeducate its people, nation building is much more than building infrastructure, you need to win the hearts and minds of the people for a better future.

So far, the federal government has failed to do so due to the challenges the region, and the country as a whole face. Bickering between tribal lines, identification of a person’s worth on tribal dogma, and politicians who only seek to increase their position has caused the nation to move at a sluggish pace. This sluggish movement leads to further terrorism, famine, addiction, and general idleness amongst the populous.

Proper incentives are not being put into place, the constitution holds no weight, parliament has no meaning, and state lines are far to massive all leading back to too much concentration of power among tribal lines. I beleive we have focused on appeasment of people groups and not forced actions through incentives and competent governance

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Abdullahi Yusuf was right in idea imo, I do not believe changing the capital will lead to any real good occuring other than further breaking the nation and weakening the region as a whole.

The south has to reeducate its people, nation building is much more than building infrastructure, you need to win the hearts and minds of the people for a better future.

So far, the federal government has failed to do so due to the challenges the region, and the country as a whole face. Between the bickering between tribal lines, identification of a person’s worth on tribal dogma, and politicians who only seek to increase their position causes the nation to move at a sluggish pace. This sluggish movement leads to terrorism, famine, addiction, and general idleness amongst the populous.

Proper incentives are not being put into place, the constitution holds no weight, parliament has no meaning, and state lines are far to massive all leading back to too much concentration of power among tribal lines. I beleive we have focused on appeasment of people groups and not forced actions through incentives and competent governance

I view Somalia like a 'cake'. Before u want the cake to be 1, fix up your slice(region) first or else there is no point talking about a cake(somalia), there is no incentive for PL to take his organized slice of Somalia and combine it to GM/HS/SW/JL and be controlled from 'morquedishu' using a top down approach. That's truly insane don't u think?

I view Somalia like a 'cake'. Before u want the cake to be 1, fix up your slice(region) first or else there is no point talking about a cake(somalia), there is no incentive for PL to take his organized slice of Somalia and combine it to GM/HS/SW/JL and be controlled from 'morquedishu' using a top down approach. That's truly insane don't u think?

However PL needs insurances that the other regions develope as well and have unqie markets and job oppurtunies or else there'll be migrations northwards that can threaten destabilization of the regions peace.

Anyway each Somali state, needs better incentivitation and growth from the federal level if we ever wish to be a regional player imo.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
However PL needs insurances that the other regions develope as well and have unqie markets and job oppurtunies or else there'll be migrations northwards that can threaten destabilization of the regions peace.

Anyway each Somali state, needs better incentivitation and growth from the federal level if we ever wish to be a regional player imo.

As I put it PL has no partner in Somalia to even consider nation state building. PL/SL dhulki, amnigi, horumarki way haystan lakin isku mowqif manahin, halka koonfur isku mowqiff waan nahay lakin dhulki, amnigi, horumarki ma taalo in wax laysku darsado. So im sick of PL being blamed for Somalia problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending