Somali Fathers: Save your daughters from Daddy Issues!

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I've noticed many Somali families try their best to raise their children but forget to verbally affirm their daughters!

How often have you seen a Somali father tell his daughter that she is beautiful, intelligent and worthy of the best, with or without a man?!

Please spend quality time with your daughters, tell them you love them, buy them gifts so they know how a real man behaves.

If you neglect your daughter, she will fall prey to abusers, cheaters and other horrible men.

You are your daughter's first love and the example she uses to compare to potential husbands.

Crown your daughter so that she never forgets that she is worthy of the best.

:it0tdo8:

timthumb.php

wow great thread @Finesse and I agree more fathers need to be more involved in their daughters life that way when she grows up she will look for a guy whose got the same qualities as her dad

Mercury

VIP
In the diaspora 70% chance the father is thrown out usually while she is still a toddler so no love can ever be shown.

The households were the father's survive are the types were they had to take the backseat to do so and let that toothless masculine cursed wife run the show

No amount of love shown will ever help such daughters because just like her mother she will consciously or subconsciously never respect him or look up to him.

Females raised in those types of homes are no different then those that come from broken homes, only sons benefit from this.

The very few households were both these sheningans don't happen and the father is at the helm, are the types of household that produce the best sons/daughters

Your advice is more suited to those back home or in countries were the father's are not made toothless like the west

I don't agree with this if the husband is a hardworking man and he's going through hard times his wife will be there for him and support him

BUT if the husband dont contribute to the household and he's not involved in his kids lives and don't know about their likes/dislikes and their.birthdays the wife is not gonna respect him cause he's lazy and doesn't care about the family

wow great thread @Finesse and I agree more fathers need to be more involved in their daughters life that way when she grows up she will look for a guy whose got the same qualities as her dad

For sure.

Every woman compares a future husband to her father like most men look for similar traits their mother has. It's natural.

That's why people should be super careful about who they marry.

Sis I love this message. It resonates deeply with me.

My dad has been cold and distant towards me. Our relationship is very rocky, and I guess that has impacted me these past few years. I think because of it I’ve found myself in less than favorable situations with men.

It’s one of the worst things to grow up feeling unloved by your father. I want nothing more for my future daughters to have a father who loves them :it0tdo8:

Luckily for you, you are aware of the issue and know your worth.
Use your regrets to fuel a better future.

Make a list of what traits you would like in a man and make duah using it.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
I've noticed many Somali families try their best to raise their children but forget to verbally affirm their daughters!

How often have you seen a Somali father tell his daughter that she is beautiful, intelligent and worthy of the best, with or without a man?!

Please spend quality time with your daughters, tell them you love them, buy them gifts so they know how a real man behaves.

If you neglect your daughter, she will fall prey to abusers, cheaters and other horrible men.

You are your daughter's first love and the example she uses to compare to potential husbands.

Crown your daughter so that she never forgets that she is worthy of the best.

timthumb.php

I pray to the almighty Lord to grant me only male children. Male children are so much easier to handle.

Mercury

VIP
I know theres many good father's in our community the only issue is that many Somali guys in my opinion believe their only role is to work and provide for the family and than they have done their part they ignoring all the stuff like

-Get to know your kids by spending alone time with them ,be aware of their school work,who they are friends with

-do household duties, cook clean etc

If your only providing for your family and your happy and content doing so than at the end of the day the wife is gonna end up taking on both the roles of the mom and dad shes taking the steering wheel and you're happy sitting in the backseat

In the diaspora 70% chance the father is thrown out usually while she is still a toddler so no love can ever be shown.

The households were the father's survive are the types were they had to take the backseat to do so and let that toothless masculine cursed wife run the show

No amount of love shown will ever help such daughters because just like her mother she will consciously or subconsciously never respect him or look up to him.

Females raised in those types of homes are no different then those that come from broken homes, only sons benefit from this.

The very few households were both these sheningans don't happen and the father is at the helm, are the types of household that produce the best sons/daughters

Your advice is more suited to those back home or in countries were the father's are not made toothless like the west

a man thrown out is useless, he did it to himself, if he cannot dominate and rule his family, he deserves to be thrown out, he should have thought about marrying the wrong female and did his due diligence and prepared if she was not right for him,

no real man gets thrown out, you should be the head of your own family,

Mercury

VIP
For sure.

Every woman compares a future husband to her father like most men look for similar traits their mother has. It's natural.

That's why people should be super careful about who they marry.
maybe this is also why girls who have a negative view of their father cant see themselves marrying a somali guy

Trending

Latest posts