Somali factories in Eritrea early 1800s

IMG_2124.jpeg

Met an Afar Warsangeli on Facebook a month ago. Apparently they mostly live in Eritrea and have a sizable qayb in baditumela butchered the name.

Didn't a delegation of Afar, from Djibouti, visit Somalia not long ago, and they even said they were Warsangeli formerly. The VP or Speaker, someone high up.

Emir of Zayla

π•Ήπ–†π–™π–Žπ–”π–“ 𝖔𝖋 π•»π–”π–Šπ–™π–˜
Both were written in early 19th century
To be exact the first dates back to 1820
The 2nd to 1810
They might've been established earlier though allahu a'lam i will search for an older record.
Somalis weren't limited to the coast either. Somalis inhabited the interior specifically keren since the Egyptians came to eritrea.
It says a somali called Sayyid Wayrax had vast amount of lands and was an enterprise in it.
View attachment 305518
Here's the somali elder of somalis in massawa and keren as i was told.
Photo taken in 1920s
View attachment 305520
if you have any evidence confirming them being somali in that photo, please share it with me. thank you

Last edited:
Both were written in early 19th century
To be exact the first dates back to 1820
The 2nd to 1810
They might've been established earlier though allahu a'lam i will search for an older record.
Somalis weren't limited to the coast either. Somalis inhabited the interior specifically keren since the Egyptians came to eritrea.
It says a somali called Sayyid Wayrax had vast amount of lands and was an enterprise in it.
View attachment 305518
Here's the somali elder of somalis in massawa and keren as i was told.
Photo taken in 1920s
View attachment 305520
source for the somalis in keren too pls mahadsanid

Most people who trace their lineage to Somalis in Eritrea are mostly Warsangeli. Additionally, all the major tribes of Afar (Badoytamela, Dahimella) and Saho (Omarto) trace their lineage to the Warsangeli. I met dozens from these communities and they have a real written lineage.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
This reminds me of this video on twitter of a saho man who claim to be a somali who've been living in eritrea ever since the futuh. He is even able to speak a bit of somali.

This is not the first time that saho were said to have some somalis incorporated within their clan. I also remember reading about some saho that are gadabuursi originally that came from somalia.

kRC3dE7.jpg
BS. The Saho community is probably the most tested ethnic group in the Horn of Africa after us (on YFull and theYtree) and none of them fall under a Somali branch. Including the Minifres. They vary in YDNA with some being on J1, E-V22, T etc etc etc.

Garaad diinle

ξ€šξ€žξ€’ξ€œξ€  ξ€ ξ€Ÿξ€‘ξ€ξ€›
BS. The Saho community is probably the most tested ethnic group in the Horn of Africa after us (on YFull and theYtree) and none of them fall under a Somali branch. Including the Minifres. They vary in YDNA with some being on J1, E-V22, T etc etc etc.
Interesting, still i seem to have a feeling that there is more to the story than meets the eye. These people in the video seem to have an oral tradition of originally coming from somalia and they somehow retain some vocabulary from their claimed somali origin. He literally spoke a bit of somali so there must some truth to the claim.

NidarNidar

Punisher
You had individual Somali travelers going back centuries along the Red Sea - possibly millenniums factoring in the regional trade globalization. I posted how a 23andMe-linked relative doctor of Beja descent had a maternal grandparent from Somaliland. The fact that he was from Hargeisa means that he is a removed cousin.
I have 3rd Cousin who is fully 92% Eriterian, people used to travel far and wide.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
Interesting, still i seem to have a feeling that there is more to the story than meets the eye. These people in the video seem to have an oral tradition of originally coming from somalia and they somehow retain some vocabulary from their claimed somali origin. He literally spoke a bit of somali so there must some truth to the claim.
Somalis have been wewuzzin’ a lot of groups recently looool it’s all bs. We don’t even know where this video came from

Garaad diinle

ξ€šξ€žξ€’ξ€œξ€  ξ€ ξ€Ÿξ€‘ξ€ξ€›
Somalis have been wewuzzin’ a lot of groups recently looool it’s all bs. We don’t even know where this video came from
You're sceptical i get it and frankly there is nothing wrong with a healthy dose of scepticism. Time would tell if these stories have any merit to them or not but personally am a bit convinced that they have some degree of authenticity or accuracy.

has there been a gadafur tested specifically.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
Most people who trace their lineage to Somalis in Eritrea are mostly Warsangeli. Additionally, all the major tribes of Afar (Badoytamela, Dahimella) and Saho (Omarto) trace their lineage to the Warsangeli. I met dozens from these communities and they have a real written lineage.
You forgot Ayre Lasso a small fishing community