Somali ex muslims are growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BANTU

+op MVLI
Moving out doesn’t mean you can do whatever you like.
It does actually. If your parents can't see you pray, you can tell them you're praying. If they can't see you fast, you're fasting.

It's different for girls, if you want to stop wearing hijab and dressing modestly (jeans are not modest apparently.) At that point, you just explain your decision to your parents and if they can't accept it, you move on.

people have different tolerance levels when it comes to adhering to things that they don't believe in. Some people can pretend to be muslim for years whilst others can only sustain the act for a few months. i was part of the latter. I luckily come from an "understanding" family and my father is an ex muslim himself.

That's a different issue. Praying is not even 10 minutes of time. Fasting is tough but you get dope food for Iftar. Most youth are not farsighted and are ruined by instant gratification.

His parents seem like the type that would've dropped him off in Somalia.

He should've just played along imo

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
To my Somali ex Muslims. I don’t care if you left Islam as along wash your ass every time u visit to the toilet we are cool.

Jjero

MO-G GROUPIE ♡
Loool no, my mom could recite the whole Quran, she was a back up Quran teacher on Saturdays and Sundays before she passed.
allah yarhama i am sorry to hear that
You should make dua for your mother and family
I lost my mother too, 4 years ago
may allah grant both of them paradise

Jeesto

VIP
Horta why are Somali almost always more religious than tha aabos? :hmm:
They usually turn like that when they're in their 40s

VixR

Veritas
It does actually. If your parents can't see you pray, you can tell them you're praying. If they can't see you fast, you're fasting.

It's different for girls, if you want to stop wearing hijab and dressing modestly (jeans are not modest apparently.) At that point, you just explain your decision to your parents and if they can't accept it, you move on.

That's a different issue. Praying is not even 10 minutes of time. Fasting is tough but you get dope food for Iftar. Most youth are not farsighted and are ruined by instant gratification.

He should've just played along imo
I agree that you should wait until you can move out ideally, but life doesn't always go as planned.

It isn't that neat and uniform, and instant gratification doesn't begin to explain the different reasons why it might go differently.

BANTU

+op MVLI
I agree that you should wait until you can move out ideally, but life doesn't always go as planned.

It isn't that neat and uniform, and instant gratification doesn't begin to explain the different reasons why it might go differently.

Teenagers aren't smart so I am being hard on them, true.

But, in the grand scheme of things, when you're only obligated to be religious under your parents' roof for grand total of maybe +/- 8 years (and, to be honest, no one's an Atheist at 10-13 so that's maybe 5 years of "suffering"), instant gratification is the only reason you'd revolt and say "I'm not praying no more and I'm not fasting because, HOOYO, I'm not a Muslim no more!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts