Somali-Ethiopians or those with family there, I have a question...

True but he was mixed, he did have some partial oromo ancestry, and he grew up among amhara's who were made it known they looked down upon ''baria'' or people who were dark skinned and had features that somalis may call j a r e e r.. mengistu was out for revenge against them ha...

@Abba Sadacha since we're on the topic, what system if governance do you think works best for Ethiopia? You know the intersection at kilo arat, I was on a taxi going by the PM's office when I asked myself this.

I think federalism honestly. With a little weaker federal govt, because... who will agree to back to the old system? not oromo's. not sidama who barely got their state recognized and established a few years ago. not somalis even though they do not get involved. not afars.
it's mostly only amhara's who are against it, because their people were settled almost all over ethiopia and they want to be able to rule the other states in addition to their own state.
(among other things)

I think federalism honestly. With a little weaker federal govt, because... who will agree to back to the old system? not oromo's. not sidama who barely got their state recognized and established a few years ago. not somalis even though they do not get involved. not afars.
it's mostly only amhara's who are against it, because their people were settled almost all over ethiopia and they want to be able to rule the other states in addition to their own state.
(among other things)
I am a far leftist when it comes to ethiopian politics. I believe the ethiopian state needs a radical change, a new political system

I get the impression that you guys don't really care to get invested/involved in Ethiopian politics and the struggle between the elites of the top three groups (amara,oromo fi tigre);

there are 2 elite groups. the Axmaarastan nationalists, the Abiy wing of Qotistan with moderate Axmaara. Tigray and the rest of the Qoti kilil are irrelevant to elite power dynamics. if there is a 3rd group it might come from the OLA but they do not appear to be serious and for some reason OLA have no presence with the eastern Qoti regions

but what do you guys think about the current issues? The war in amara? the devastation in tigray and their attempts to recover, rebuild and etc? do you guys feel you have no stake in the issues, so you don't care? or....?

It doesnt matter who controls Addis Ababa Finfinnee or whatever we call the Xabashistani capital the central tenet of Xabashstani policy on Somali region is to ban self-determination

there are 2 elite groups. the Axmaarastan nationalists, the Abiy wing of Qotistan with moderate Axmaara. Tigray and the rest of the Qoti kilil are irrelevant to elite power dynamics. if there is a 3rd group it might come from the OLA but they do not appear to be serious and for some reason OLA have no presence with the eastern Qoti regions

It doesnt matter who controls Addis Ababa Finfinnee or whatever we call the Xabashistani capital the central tenet of Xabashstani policy on Somali region is to ban self-determination

The Tigrayan elites have been weakened, true and are no longer relevant, but without a doubt, they are watching current events closely-and as tensions grow between the elites in amara and oromia, they will eventually pick a side, or try to benefit from both sides weakening each other; although... they will still not be able to have anywhere near the amount of over-sized power they had before.

As a Somali, with ties to Ethiopia; what kind of system would you propose then?

I'm authoritarian so I'd prefer autocracy with a mix of democracy.
How this would be done is a more advanced version of federalism whereby elected leaders will govern their respective provinces (that includes the breakdown of all current regions into smaller more manageable provinces.
They all form their own respective governments. The leader of the country would be head of state not head of government. The military and Police have their loyalty to the leader not the smaller governments they work with.

It's underdeveloped but I'm still working on the theory

True but he was mixed, he did have some partial oromo ancestry, and he grew up among amhara's who were made it known they looked down upon ''baria'' or people who were dark skinned and had features that somalis may call j a r e e r.. mengistu was out for revenge against them ha...
I have seen amhara supporting mengistu because of 1977.
Then I remind them how he humiliated and destroyed their dynasty.

Amhara are a collection of tribes they forcefully amharanised.

Trending