Somali-Ethiopians or those with family there, I have a question...

Sorry mate, I know I am asking you basic questions, but I am trying to suss out as to the whats, from your perspective, with uprising on the rise by all these ethnic groups, who is fighting for the gov't?

It's the amara region, hardliners and you do have some genuine nationalists who feel their people are targeted and that they are being ruled by puppets of oromo elites.
the hardliners no doubt, want to capture state power and take ethiopia back to pre 1991, the old system that benefits amara's more, particularly the elites, but the regular folks too since they live in large numbers throughout ethiopia (oromia, somali state, harar, etc).
In parts of oromia, they lost power, because if u aint oromo (in wallaga, for example, which is western oromia), they won't let you have any political office. they want to change this...among other things...

It's the amara region, hardliners and you do have some genuine nationalists who feel their people are targeted and that they are being ruled by puppets of oromo elites.
the hardliners no doubt, want to capture state power and take ethiopia back to pre 1991, the old system that benefits amara's more, particularly the elites, but the regular folks too since they live in large numbers throughout ethiopia (oromia, somali state, harar, etc).
In parts of oromia, they lost power, because if u aint oromo (in wallaga, for example, which is western oromia), they won't let you have any political office. they want to change this...among other things...
Thank you; how influential, and positioned to assume power is the Oromo now? After all, if the data I see is accurate, they are the majority, no? Is the Oromo elite and political class ready, and equipped to govern, I mean technically?

Thank you; how influential, and positioned to assume power is the Oromo now? After all, if the data I see is accurate, they are the majority, no? Is the Oromo elite and political class ready, and equipped to govern, I mean technically?

The Oromo wing of the Prosperity Party is the dominant group, for sure, which is typical not just in Ethiopia but in many countries-you have a dominant party.
When the former EPRDF, now the PP, voted for the current PM, he won by a landslide, the amara's even voted for him (well, the ones within the govt).
The election after that was very flawed, but of course, the govt wasn't going to hand oromia to the OLF/OLA, or hand amara region to the ultra-nationalists/or even the genuine ones there.
Both of those ultra nationalists aren't as organized/powerful either, so could they fill the political vacuum if the govt left then or... even now? Not sure.
The Oromo elite has been ruling since 2018 or so, they have a firm control of the army and other institutions, not to mention other paramilitary forces they've built up over the past years; the thing is, some amara's, or a lot in fact, are so filled with hate and fear of anything oromo, that they would not be happy even if Jesus peace be upon him, came back as an Oromo and ruled.
Then you have the elites, who just want to ensure their pockets are fed, they are considered sellouts by many Amara's.
Then you have the genuine ones, who are moderate, who just want to see their people not targeted/killed/etc, throughout the country.

I get the impression that you guys don't really care to get invested/involved in Ethiopian politics and the struggle between the elites of the top three groups (amara,oromo fi tigre); but what do you guys think about the current issues? The war in amara? the devastation in tigray and their attempts to recover, rebuild and etc? do you guys feel you have no stake in the issues, so you don't care? or....?
No such thing as Somali Ethiopians, do you mean Somalis imprisoned by Meneliks state?

No bro just let us know when things really start trembling and the country 100% disintegrates.

If they capture Shewa they will walk all the way to Addis Ababa.

Are you waiting for amhara to match to Addis Ababa.

If I was oromo I would support Abye and fight Amhara .
Abye is oromo and you guys are throwing away the best chance to consolidate power.

I have suspicion that the west want to hand over power to amhara fano.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Abba Sadacha if the right Somali clan lived in the Somali region, the situation would be different. I know my clan would play turkish role on how they milked the bridge between east/west. The turks always kept afloat and on-top from the east-west growth/declines. Somali region can play the exact same role as a bridge between kenya-ethio-somalia as they have a stake in all 3 areas. The Clan that lives there as a majority are known as Somali hillbillies even by Somali standards, so that's why you don't see them making any grand moves.

I mean they could 'threaten' ethio-somali-kenya and whisper in their 'ear' that they are not gonna lose becuz they have their house diversified and only 'loser' is those who have 1 homeland to play with. Alla maxaa majerten ka fa'idaysan laha their strategic location. Plus they are the gate-way to ethio trade which they can make all the ports 'behave' and compete for ogaden and if anyone misbehaves they can apply 'trade embargo'.

Im suprised they let that fat useless Ismail Omar Geele with his 'city state where his a minority to anfar' and lack of influence dictate Somalia affairs when they could hold a jigjiga summit for all somali clans and present to them 'their regional futures' be it ethio trade dependence and also ogaden having a strategic homeland diversity giving them an 'edge' on everyone in Somalia or the region, I mean they united SSC ppl who no-one expected could happen, they can unify somalia but their not playing their role. Plus it's them who created the pan-somali philosophy so u would think they would shoulder bigger responsibility.

Once that ethio electricity is exported into Somalia, travelling thru Ogadeniya, Not only will we be tied to 'power outage threats' plus 'trade embargos' into ethiopia. Then if u add they have 3 homelands while the rest have 1 homeland, they can argue 'are u ready to gamble' like the 'oromo' did when ogaden invaded jubbas? look at those JL wardey oromos today.

Last edited:
If they capture Shewa they will walk all the way to Addis Ababa.

Are you waiting for amhara to match to Addis Ababa.

If I was oromo I would support Abye and fight Amhara .
Abye is oromo and you guys are throwing away the best chance to consolidate power.

I have suspicion that the west want to hand over power to amhara fano.

You think the west wants that? You may be right, since they will be good puppets of the west, as haile selassie was... or maybe they just want to keep ethiopia in perpetual conflict?

I get the impression that you guys don't really care to get invested/involved in Ethiopian politics and the struggle between the elites of the top three groups (amara,oromo fi tigre); but what do you guys think about the current issues? The war in amara? the devastation in tigray and their attempts to recover, rebuild and etc? do you guys feel you have no stake in the issues, so you don't care? or....?
Believe it or not I was in Ethiopia when Abiy said they would get a port by force. Still remember that afternoon in addis when I met some MPs.
I love ethiopia actually and I only see the Church as my enemy. I love oromia and all other regions including the muslims in shewa and gondar.
I wish Ethiopia strength. Not very involved currently but I wish to be in the future considering I'm pretty closely related to many powerful somali-ethiopian politicians.

Believe it or not I was in Ethiopia when Abiy said they would get a port by force. Still remember that afternoon in addis when I met some MPs.
I love ethiopia actually and I only see the Church as my enemy. I love oromia and all other regions including the muslims in shewa and gondar.
I wish Ethiopia strength. Not very involved currently but I wish to be in the future considering I'm pretty closely related to many powerful somali-ethiopian politicians.

I think the port by force thing was exaggerated, honestly. If not for any reason, then for the fact that the country is not in a position to be waging major wars.
Eritrea offered their ports, for a good price, but they have to update their infrastructure, so for now and for a while, Djibouti's ports are the best option.

I think the port by force thing was exaggerated, honestly. If not for any reason, then for the fact that the country is not in a position to be waging major wars.
Eritrea offered their ports, for a good price, but they have to update their infrastructure, so for now and for a while, Djibouti's ports are the best option.

Abiy lives up his arse so I do not think he'll consider these things.
I can't wait for the next leader perhaps a person from Benishagul we never hear much from these guys since they're busy with what's going on in Sudan same way the somali region is focused on somalia

Abiy lives up his arse so I do not think he'll consider these things.
I can't wait for the next leader perhaps a person from Benishagul we never hear much from these guys since they're busy with what's going on in Sudan same way the somali region is focused on somalia

it's usually the top three groups elites struggling for power (oromo, amara and tigrayans).
we never see leaders from the smaller nations. that'd be cool though, but the leader would still need alliances to rule effectively.

Trending

Latest posts