Somali dugsi macalims are fucking crazy

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
I remember I went to this dugsi back in grade 2, this macalim would beat the kids with a wire hard if they didn’t memorize their Quran or Duas well. He would put a pencil between your fingers and crush it so you could feel the pain. They will tell you to stick your hand out so they could beat you.

Why are they so abusive like that ?

Mine was surprisingly kind, it was hooyo who wanted him to beat me but he would always do a tender slap on the wrist and move on with his day.

Good people will not abuse positions of power but human nature is not good, it's neutral.

I remember I went to this dugsi back in grade 2, this macalim would beat the kids with a wire hard if they didn’t memorize their Quran or Duas well. He would put a pencil between your fingers and crush it so you could feel the pain. They will tell you to stick your hand out so they could beat you.

This is normal behavior. There was no greater motivation than to avoid punishment as a badass kid.

I promise you the level of kids who passed their Asher is much much higher than those those who got away with no punishment.

Obviously the macalin should not take it too far.

This is normal behavior. There was no greater motivation than to avoid punishment as a badass kid.

I promise you the level of kids who passed their Asher is much much higher than those those who got away with no punishment.

Obviously the macalin should not take it too far.
Man said child abuse is normal behaviour. Niggas just wanted to pass their asher and not get whooped by a power tripping macalin.

Went to a load of dugsis when I was young both Somali maalins, Arab maalins weren’t afraid to throw the table at you. Me and friends used to wear 3x the clothes, just so we wouldn’t feel it and act like it hurt so he wouldn’t hit you more.

Got thick skin from Arab/Somali dugsi’s and learnt the most there.

Went to one Asian dugsi once, punishment was to stand for 2hrs and kids there were crying wlhi I was confused. Them kids had it easy.

:draketf:

Dugsi is one of the biggest waste of times in the somali community. So many parents instead of giving their child a more well rounded education or getting them involved in activities, but no we must waste their weekends with dugsi were their child is left with noncey macalin if you are a girl and power tripping macalins who straight up child abuse children for not passing asher as if its the end of the world. Child is failing in school but no worries atleast he is hafiz but more time its just a badge of honour for parents to gloat to other parents oh my son quran wu dhameeyay. Even then all dugsi is is learning to memorize words of a language the child doesn't even understand or understand the importance of. What good is it being a hafiz if you dont even understand what is being recited. Rant over.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I remember this rebellious kid got beaten so bad by the Macalin as he was calling the 12 year old kid a cancer akin to Bush :heh:

Stop the lies, you beenawaas. No dugsi teacher is that opressive in the West. You wouldn't roaming in the Internet and claiming bogus stories as your own if you went to dugsi and learned the deen.

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
Stop the lies, you beenawaas. No dugsi teacher is that opressive in the West. You wouldn't roaming in the Internet and claiming bogus stories as your own if you went to dugsi and learned the deen.
The pencil thing happened in my dugsi as well, it is no lie.

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
No I remember this kind of stuff happening in dugsi

Dugsi is one of the biggest waste of times in the somali community. So many parents instead of giving their child a more well rounded education or getting them involved in activities, but no we must waste their weekends with dugsi were their child is left with noncey macalin if you are a girl and power tripping macalins who straight up child abuse children for not passing asher as if its the end of the world. Child is failing in school but no worries atleast he is hafiz but more time its just a badge of honour for parents to gloat to other parents oh my son quran wu dhameeyay. Even then all dugsi is is learning to memorize words of a language the child doesn't even understand or understand the importance of. What good is it being a hafiz if you dont even understand what is being recited. Rant over.

did you just call learning about your deen and memorizing Quran a waste of time?

you get ajar no matter what even if you do not understand the Arabic language. Your scales still grow. Imagine how heavy it is from your entire childhood weekends of recitation added to your scale for the last day.

That’s the best use of time. That’s investment for your hereafter.

Trending