Somali diaspora youth issues:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somalis need Asian style parenting. Pressure kids into doing their best in school and not complimenting them for Bs, :lol:.

W0WOlQU.jpg

oLcwqmL.png
:qri8gs7:

Somalis need Asian style parenting. Pressure kids into doing their best in school and not complimenting them for Bs, :lol:.

W0WOlQU.jpg

oLcwqmL.png

Ive heard many Asian youth commit suicide due to pressure and many Asians have high dropouts rate in Universities & Colleges in the US.

I think they pressure their kids for two reasons their confusionist culture and the fact that their economies is heavily based on inovations and technology, thus humans being their main resource.

When drug dealing, gang banging, stealing, lying, cheating, and laziness stops then we will get improvement. For example your telling me they couldn't since living their 2008 improve the embassy clean after themselves. They have to wait for government to initiate a cleanup on the premises.

Apollo

VIP
Ive heard many Asian youth commit suicide due to pressure and many Asians have high dropouts rate in Universities & Colleges.

I think they pressure their kids for two reasons their confusionist culture and the fact that their economies is heavily based on inovations and technology.

The suicide rate among East Asians is still low and not that relevant. The benefits that the ''pressure culture'' brings far outweigh the cost of a slightly higher suicide rate. May seem like a cruel utilitarian way of looking at it, but it's true.

The suicide rate among East Asians is still low and not that relevant. The benefits that the ''pressure culture'' brings far outweigh the cost of a slightly higher suicide rate. May seem like cruel utilitarian way of looking at it, but it's true.

go tiger mom

The suicide rate among East Asians is still low and not that relevant. The benefits that the ''pressure culture'' brings far outweigh the cost of a slightly higher suicide rate. May seem like cruel utilitarian way of looking at it, but it's true.

China, Korea and Japan have huge suicide rates bro.

I guess it brings benefits but i would not want to live under that system of life it seems like flippin hell.

Its relevant to note they have high dropout rates in Universities and Colleges in the US due to the fact their sole motivation was their parents pressure.

1 In 4 Chinese Students Drop Out Of Ivy Universities And Return Home For Jobs
http://www.ibtimes.com/1-4-chinese-students-drop-out-ivy-universities-return-home-jobs-1446382

44% of Korean Ivy League Students Quit Course Halfway
http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news/view.jsp?req_newsidx=32124

Why Are Korean Students Dropping Out of Top American Universities?
https://asiancorrespondent.com/2008...ts-dropping-out-of-top-american-universities/

At one point it was 60% dropout rate.

The point is not to get them to top universities and Colleges only to see them dropout in the end.

Apollo

VIP
@Geeljire 'High' is all relative. These things are measured in rate per 100k people. What does it matter if it rises from 12 per 100,000 to 18-28 per 100,000 when the economy is a gazillion times more efficient? It's negligible.

By the way, the reason why those Asians from Asia drop out is probably because of language barriers. If you compare White Americans to Asian Americans only they perform much better.

Look at Google's workforce, 30-34% Asian in a country with only 5% Asians. Says a lot:
google-numbers2.png

@Geeljire 'High' is all relative. These things are measured in rate per 100k people. What does it matter if it rises from 12 per 100,000 to 18-28 per 100,000 when the economy is a gazillion times more efficient? It's negligible.

By the way, the reason why those Asians from Asia drop out is probably because of language barriers. If you compare White Americans to Asian Americans only they perform much better.

Actually these were also Korean Americsns who grew up in the States. So is not the language barrier more or less to do with the fact that most do not go their because they want to but because of their parents pressure.

According to Mr. Kim’s thesis, American students’ likelihood of quitting over the same time period was 34%, or ten percentage points less than Koreans. Jewish (12.5%), Indian (21.5%), White (15%) students also had lower drop-out rates. The study examined why Koreans have a high drop-out rate.

Look at Google workforce, 30-34% Asian in a country with only 5% Asians. Says a lot:
google-numbers2.png

I know it has its benefits but its a huge price to pay and the pressure will take it toll on them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending