Somali diaspora youth delaying marriage?

I know many Somalis aged 23-30s who are still unmarried, in fact the majority of Somalis I grew up with and are older than me are unmarried. Have yall noticed this?

Yes. I wish we had solid stats on this sort of thing because I genuinely believe Somalis are very close to native Europeans when it comes to marriage age stats. Poor Europe might even have us beat.

Unlike Europeans, I suspect there are minimal gains in delaying marriage.

Yes. I wish we had solid stats on this sort of thing because I genuinely believe Somalis are very close to native Europeans when it comes to marriage age stats. Poor Europe might even have us beat.

Unlike Europeans, I suspect there are minimal gains in delaying marriage.
I agree with this..... most Somali men and women that I know who are in their late twenties/ approaching 30 are still unmarried. It’s crazy.

If they're being productive with their lives I don't see what's wrong so wrong about it. Unless they're being self destructive being married is a personal choice. It is also one part of life it's not all of their life. People back home constantly get married mostly because they're codependent.

pablo

Make Dhulos Great Again
It’s how it is in the western world, a lot of men starting to realise it’s not worth the effort.

This is not unique. Birthrates are dropping all around the world, when people (women) get educated they focus on their careers and lives so they have kids later.

What i don't get is white supremacists calling this "genocide" as if it isn't voluntary pffft and "replacement" like western immigrants will keep popping kids out like their parents. :cosbyhmm:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Somali women are generally doing far better then Somali men. Somali women say (even on this site) that Somali men with degrees get a big ego it's because after getting the degree random Somali women asked for marriage from these guys.

I know a Somali guys who was the traditional religious type guy that was struggling to find any women to settle with him till he had a small celebration for buying his own home. I remember see women flirt with him who never shown him attention before. He found a women less then a month.

That says a lot.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
There's alot of broke people out in these streets.

I need to do a credit check on any Xalimo I choose.:damedamn:

VixR

Veritas
There's alot of broke people out in these streets.

I need to do a credit check on any Xalimo I choose.:damedamn:
That’s actually legitimate. A partner with a fucked up credit score and horrible financials will screw up your life. Not only that, they’ll be bringing their poor habits with them.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
That’s actually legitimate. A partner with a fucked up credit score and horrible financials will screw up your life. Not only that, they’ll be bringing their poor habits with them.

Another factor is the amount of the student loans some Xalimos got
sitting at mediocre office jobs, marriage to the wrong person
can be a financial death trap :farmajoyaab:

Tukraq

VIP
Another factor is the amount of the student loans some Xalimos got
sitting at mediocre office jobs, marriage to the wrong person
can be a financial death trap :farmajoyaab:
yep never got myself into the useless degree debt trap, need to watch out for halimos that did:holeup:

Somali women are generally doing far better then Somali men. Somali women say (even on this site) that Somali men with degrees get a big ego it's because after getting the degree random Somali women asked for marriage from these guys.

I know a Somali guys who was the traditional religious type guy that was struggling to find any women to settle with him till he had a small celebration for buying his own home. I remember see women flirt with him who never shown him attention before. He found a women less then a month.

That says a lot.

Can people stop this lie somali girls doing much better. Omalis gas such low expectations for girls that when they do decent they hype them up. Somalis also put way too much importants on universities. A lot of people doing u is do useless degrees and will struggle to get great jobs. People dont understand how easy it is to get in unis in uk. Its a scam to make money.

Also a lot of somali men do a lot of money from unsuspecting job. Of all my friends the guy making most miney dont even have education. He has a popular makhaayad making a killing selling sandwiches. Another friend has truck business in zambia and another one has fishing business in somalia. None of these have university degrees so you dont see guys like this brag or get hyped.

If I could go back in time I woukd start work at 18 and live at home to save and go into business. Too many of us buy the hype of universities and becoming wage slaves

Trending