Somali culture is inherently inferior

Status
Not open for further replies.
And somehow we're the ones with the inferiority complex :bell:

its called intellectual masturbation,,most dont know what the hell they talking about. Everywhere people have problems and in most cases exacerbated by bad economies. theres a difference between the poor and the middle class or the illiterate and the educated.
culture and economy is intertwined. the poor have more thieves,beggars,liars and criminals than the rest.
somali culture is by in large good,there r lot stuff moved away from like FGM. it really doesnt exist any longer but then some dhaqan from greenland will keep draining u that its prevalent.
Its the stupid economy!!
cherry picking doesn't produce a healthy debate, talk about the mormons marrying 2 sisters in salt lake city or indian brothers sharing one wife.

Last edited:

TooMacaan

VIP
No culture is inherently inferior; there's always aspects (existing in all nations btw.) which you could argue as being negative, but as a whole?? Nahnah.

No culture is inherently inferior; there's always aspects (existing in all nations btw.) which you could argue as being negative, but as a whole?? Nahnah.
Our culture is not inferior in a vacuum, but when we think of the desired end game. The end game is to compete and excel in acquiring monetary gain in this highly competitive world, and we can all agree that our clan business undermines it.

TooMacaan

VIP
Our culture is not inferior in a vacuum, but when we think of the desired end game. The end game is to compete and excel in acquiring monetary gain in this highly competitive world, and we can all agree that our clan business undermines it.
Idk if everyone will agree if 'monetary gain' is the end game-- in fact, monetary gain is usually instrumental in destroying culture afaik; leads to commercialization sooner or later, which tends to reduce anything of cultural value into something w/o any substance. I agree that qabyaalad undermines progress (I don't think OP was referring to this tho).

This might take a while. Have a seat.

To proceed:

If you were to actually explore the dynamics of Somali culture, it's pretty clear that we are inferior to every culture except (perhaps, just perhaps) sub Saharan African culture. I'll make my case. All the fake pride aside.

It's a phenomen that is inescapable, from the Somali wadaad delivering sermons in the Mosque to the drug dealer supplying the local borough. From the Somalian twerking on social media to the pseudo nationalist donning 'Somali' attire and exhibiting typical platitudes. I've somewhat figured out something common in all of the divergence I pointed out above. They all exhibit an inherent inferiority that I believe stems from Somali culture itself.

For example, the 'Somali wadaad'. Reading and studying recent and post colonial Somali history, one thing always caught my attention. The swift and unchallenged penetration of non native religious ideologies that have made its way to Somalia in recent years.
By the time that the Somali identity was formed many centuries ago, it was known to all, far and wide, that to be Somali was to be a Sunni Ash'ari in theology, Shafi'i in Jurisprudence and Sufi (mainly Qadiri) as making up the religious establishment. Somalis are one of a few unique example in the world, in which they wholeheartedly accepted Islam as a religion without ever being colonised by Arabs or being defeated in conflict.

Fast forward.... A few students who were sponsored by the Saudi government to finish their studies (Wahhabism/Salafism) in Saudi Arabia, came along and when they returned to Somalia almost supplanted the foundations of something which existed for over a 1000 years where in other Muslim countries, the prevalent superior cultures would have made this penetration almost impossible. Somalia/Somaliland is one of the few, if not only countries/regions in the Muslim World in which the religious sector was successfully monopolised by a foreign ideology that was born in 18th century Arabia.
The reason? An inferiority embedded within Somali culture. Anything foreign to our own or anything is superior, better and greater (early conclusion). Is it then a surprise to see, that to be a great Muslim (Wahhabi), you should preferably wear Saudi cultural attire? Like a shimagh or a bisht? How many modern Somali Islamic scholars have you seen wearing native East African attire? A point of contemplation, I hope.

The Somalian is also a product of an inferior culture, the Somali culture. She is not prized, valued or even loved in the culture that she was born into (Somali women were nothing more than something to be dispensed with, she can be kidnapped or sold for a 100 camels). She senses her devalued state in society, so by nature, the Somalian desires every man other than her own (anyone/thing that can value her) and with good reason. An English colonialist once noted:
"Somali women prefer amourette with foreigners... for indeed the stranger filleth the eye".

It is also a recurring generational inheritance. The Somalian is influenced by her uncouthed, undesirable ascendant i.e 'mother'. The mother is on the phone 24/7, badmouthing her husband or most likely, ex husband, in front of the children, downlplaying her role in ruining her own marriage (she probably wasn't a good wife) until the children grew up to be, guess what? Yep, s and drug dealers. It is no surprise that an English colonialist once said: "Somali women are neither loved nor respected by their children". This is the product of Somali culture. Inherently, the majority of Somali women believe deep down, that any man is better than a Somali man. In her simple and feeble mind (which doth not exist a grain of intelligence), she elopes with an ex-con, criminal and undesirable non Somali with the justification that Somali boys are 'not doing well' in life... Alas for the .

The Somali drug dealer is nothing more than the send out boy (in majority of cases). He often does the dirty work which carries all the risks of potential harm whilst his slave master is opening up businesses on the high street. A combination of low intelligence and an inherent level of inferiority. He knows his place. He doesn't complain because he realises that he is nothing more than a cotton picker. Compare him to the Somali wadaad who when he sees an Arab Shaykh trembles with awe and opens the doors and encourages him to 'lead' the Prayer, simply because he is Arab, he must be more religious, more pious and more devout than us i.e. Black African Somalis. Both are struck down by the same disease despite the divergence in profession and lifestyle. The same can be said about the Somali 'politician', the Somali 'atheist', the 'BLM' crew, the 'LGBT' Somalis, the Somali 'Salafists' and religious community. They, despite their differeng views and ideologies, have much more in common with eachother which is that their ideology has been influenced primarily by their experience and culture as 'Somalis' as opposed to other communities who are influenced by a plethora of different experiences, many being secondary in nature.
Whether he is a Somali warlord who commands bravery against another Somali community but is humbled by a foreign leader (insert name), or a Somali gangster who builds his reputation fighting other Somalis but dare not venture against non Somali gangs or a Somali 'politician' who sells Somalia's assets to foreign powers to Somali tribal 'elders' who compete with eachother as to who can be a greater servant to the Queen or King lauding over them.... It's very fascinating to come to the conclusion that they all are in fact the same.

In conclusion, Somali culture is inherently inferior to superior cultures like Arab, Asian, European cultures, an inherent level of inferiority has transformed Somali culture into something extremely fluid, a subconscious realisation that if it's 'Somali' or originally 'Somali', it's inferior and thus it has come to pass. Accept it. Embrace it. Acknowledge it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:drakelaugh::mjlol::dead:

Idk if everyone will agree if 'monetary gain' is the end game-- in fact, monetary gain is usually instrumental in destroying culture afaik; leads to commercialization sooner or later, which tends to reduce anything of cultural value into something w/o any substance. I agree that qabyaalad undermines progress tho.
Hey, I would rather choose to improve culture and change many aspects to improve everyone's well-being. There's no use in keeping the culture if everyone is sick, starving and doesn't have basic needs to live with dignity. Our culture is also suffering from this lack of financial stability, which it also helps suppresses in the first place.

I would agree with you if we gave that example to a country that is better off socioeconomically, but we don't have that luxury.

Something fundamental has to change with the Somali collective consciousness to make real progress.

Qabil is one of the biggest aspects of our culture, and it has its roots deep. You can't eradicate that problem without disrupting and rearranging the whole culture.

TooMacaan

VIP
Hey, I would rather choose to improve culture and change many aspects to improve everyone's well-being. There's no use in keeping the culture if everyone is sick, starving and doesn't have basic needs to live with dignity. Our culture is also suffering from this lack of financial stability, which it also helps suppresses in the first place.

I would agree with you if we gave that example to a country that is better off socioeconomically, but we don't have that luxury.

Something fundamental has to change with the Somali collective consciousness to make real progress.

Qabil is one of the biggest aspects of our culture, and it has its roots deep. You can't eradicate that problem without disrupting and rearranging the whole culture.
True true, there's not much use in keeping culture if basic needs aren't met, that definitely should be the #1 priority but I don't know why it has to be one or the other. If there's a way to improve the financial situation/socioeconomic status w/o having to sacrifice culture/values, I think that'd be ideal tbh.

But do you think qabil is responsible for all the things OP has outlined?? I don't rly think it's directly related. Also it comes down to weighing pros & cons; how are everyday ppl back home supposed to give up something which ensures their survival/is the most reliable system they know?? What's the back-up plan?

Idk if everyone will agree if 'monetary gain' is the end game-- in fact, monetary gain is usually instrumental in destroying culture afaik; leads to commercialization sooner or later, which tends to reduce anything of cultural value into something w/o any substance. I agree that qabyaalad undermines progress (I don't think OP was referring to this tho).

You are your anti-capitalist rants. Wealth is The Virtue of a society. Period. And we, somalis in every corner of the planet, simply don't have it.

Just look it for yourself, the rights, the good education system, the modern infrastucture - everything you take for granted now - is built by cultures far ahead of ours. And wealth is the means to this.

Instead of ranting about the morality or lack thereof of the very system that offered you and me possibilities far beyond than our ancesteral homeland could never have in a Millennium, you should acknowledge the accomplishments made by it. And maybe it could work for us too backhome.

And if - according to you - wealth endangers the existing of our good for Nothing culture, so fucking be it. I don't think many would miss it tbh.

This might take a while. Have a seat.

To proceed:

If you were to actually explore the dynamics of Somali culture, it's pretty clear that we are inferior to every culture except (perhaps, just perhaps) sub Saharan African culture. I'll make my case. All the fake pride aside.

It's a phenomen that is inescapable, from the Somali wadaad delivering sermons in the Mosque to the drug dealer supplying the local borough. From the Somalian twerking on social media to the pseudo nationalist donning 'Somali' attire and exhibiting typical platitudes. I've somewhat figured out something common in all of the divergence I pointed out above. They all exhibit an inherent inferiority that I believe stems from Somali culture itself.

For example, the 'Somali wadaad'. Reading and studying recent and post colonial Somali history, one thing always caught my attention. The swift and unchallenged penetration of non native religious ideologies that have made its way to Somalia in recent years.
By the time that the Somali identity was formed many centuries ago, it was known to all, far and wide, that to be Somali was to be a Sunni Ash'ari in theology, Shafi'i in Jurisprudence and Sufi (mainly Qadiri) as making up the religious establishment. Somalis are one of a few unique example in the world, in which they wholeheartedly accepted Islam as a religion without ever being colonised by Arabs or being defeated in conflict.

Fast forward.... A few students who were sponsored by the Saudi government to finish their studies (Wahhabism/Salafism) in Saudi Arabia, came along and when they returned to Somalia almost supplanted the foundations of something which existed for over a 1000 years where in other Muslim countries, the prevalent superior cultures would have made this penetration almost impossible. Somalia/Somaliland is one of the few, if not only countries/regions in the Muslim World in which the religious sector was successfully monopolised by a foreign ideology that was born in 18th century Arabia.
The reason? An inferiority embedded within Somali culture. Anything foreign to our own or anything is superior, better and greater (early conclusion). Is it then a surprise to see, that to be a great Muslim (Wahhabi), you should preferably wear Saudi cultural attire? Like a shimagh or a bisht? How many modern Somali Islamic scholars have you seen wearing native East African attire? A point of contemplation, I hope.

The Somalian is also a product of an inferior culture, the Somali culture. She is not prized, valued or even loved in the culture that she was born into (Somali women were nothing more than something to be dispensed with, she can be kidnapped or sold for a 100 camels). She senses her devalued state in society, so by nature, the Somalian desires every man other than her own (anyone/thing that can value her) and with good reason. An English colonialist once noted:
"Somali women prefer amourette with foreigners... for indeed the stranger filleth the eye".

It is also a recurring generational inheritance. The Somalian is influenced by her uncouthed, undesirable ascendant i.e 'mother'. The mother is on the phone 24/7, badmouthing her husband or most likely, ex husband, in front of the children, downlplaying her role in ruining her own marriage (she probably wasn't a good wife) until the children grew up to be, guess what? Yep, s and drug dealers. It is no surprise that an English colonialist once said: "Somali women are neither loved nor respected by their children". This is the product of Somali culture. Inherently, the majority of Somali women believe deep down, that any man is better than a Somali man. In her simple and feeble mind (which doth not exist a grain of intelligence), she elopes with an ex-con, criminal and undesirable non Somali with the justification that Somali boys are 'not doing well' in life... Alas for the .

The Somali drug dealer is nothing more than the send out boy (in majority of cases). He often does the dirty work which carries all the risks of potential harm whilst his slave master is opening up businesses on the high street. A combination of low intelligence and an inherent level of inferiority. He knows his place. He doesn't complain because he realises that he is nothing more than a cotton picker. Compare him to the Somali wadaad who when he sees an Arab Shaykh trembles with awe and opens the doors and encourages him to 'lead' the Prayer, simply because he is Arab, he must be more religious, more pious and more devout than us i.e. Black African Somalis. Both are struck down by the same disease despite the divergence in profession and lifestyle. The same can be said about the Somali 'politician', the Somali 'atheist', the 'BLM' crew, the 'LGBT' Somalis, the Somali 'Salafists' and religious community. They, despite their differeng views and ideologies, have much more in common with eachother which is that their ideology has been influenced primarily by their experience and culture as 'Somalis' as opposed to other communities who are influenced by a plethora of different experiences, many being secondary in nature.
Whether he is a Somali warlord who commands bravery against another Somali community but is humbled by a foreign leader (insert name), or a Somali gangster who builds his reputation fighting other Somalis but dare not venture against non Somali gangs or a Somali 'politician' who sells Somalia's assets to foreign powers to Somali tribal 'elders' who compete with eachother as to who can be a greater servant to the Queen or King lauding over them.... It's very fascinating to come to the conclusion that they all are in fact the same.

In conclusion, Somali culture is inherently inferior to superior cultures like Arab, Asian, European cultures, an inherent level of inferiority has transformed Somali culture into something extremely fluid, a subconscious realisation that if it's 'Somali' or originally 'Somali', it's inferior and thus it has come to pass. Accept it. Embrace it. Acknowledge it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Elite take.

True true, there's not much use in keeping culture if basic needs aren't met, that definitely should be the #1 priority but I don't know why it has to be one or the other. If there's a way to improve the financial situation/socioeconomic status w/o having to sacrifice culture/values, I think that'd be ideal tbh.

But do you think qabil is responsible for all the things OP has outlined?? I don't rly think it's directly related. Also it comes down to weighing pros & cons; how are everyday ppl back home supposed to give up something which ensures their survival/is the most reliable system they know?? What's the back-up plan?
It ensures survival, but it limits growth. The nepotism and corruption are through the roof, and I blame qabil for this.

The problems we face in the diaspora is directly tied to our disintegrated weak nation because all the institutions that previously upheld the culture and stuff all got blown to bits.

This inferiority complex, in my opinion, is directly tied to how Somalia is doing currently, and viewed by the rest of the world. I may have been a little extreme, but that's my personal opinion because I don't value things that don't work, and holding on to old practices is what's kills you.

If we analyze our culture, eliminate the bad values, and keep the good ones is the ideal thing. I've heard some people say that if oil was extracted and the economy became better that somehow things like qabil would become obsolete. It would help fund schools and create smarter people who wouldn't look at the status quo as ideal, but I'm somewhat pessimistic. We have to change the bs now because money only complicates things.

If we fix things back home, then I believe things would become better in every aspect. But we have to be willing to change in the process, our actions and the state of our country is only a manifestation of who we are.

TooMacaan

VIP
You are your anti-capitalist rants. Wealth is The Virtue of a society. Period. And we, somalis in every corner of the planet, simply don't have it.

Just look it for yourself, the rights, the good education system, the modern infrastucture - everything you take for granted now - is built by cultures far ahead of ours. And wealth is the means to this.

Instead of ranting about the morality or lack thereof of the very system that offered you and me possibilities far beyond than our ancesteral homeland could never have in a Millennium, you should acknowledge the accomplishments made by it. And maybe it could work for us too backhome.

And if - according to you - wealth endangers the existing of our good for Nothing culture, so fucking be it. I don't think many would miss it tbh.
:mjlol::pachah1::chrisfreshhah:

Disagree. Moderation is the virtue of a society.

Do you think a people who are not grounded in a culture authentic to who they are will prosper when they acquire wealth??? Just look at how some AA rappers from bad neighborhoods behave they go from the bottom to the 'top'... they spend their wealth on the most useless ish, & it dies out in less than a generation. Money alone doesn't do anything.

Who said I never acknowledged the accomplishments of the Western system?? I'm only saying that you should be cautious in throwing away or criticizing your own culture to embrace something that isn't native to you. Why not take the positives & incorporate it in a way that's specifically suited to the character of our own ppls?? One size doesn't fit all imo *shrugs*,

TooMacaan

VIP
It ensures survival, but it limits growth. The nepotism and corruption are through the roof, and I blame qabil for this.

The problems we face in the diaspora is directly tied to our disintegrated weak nation because all the institutions that previously upheld the culture and stuff all got blown to bits.

This inferiority complex, in my opinion, is directly tied to how Somalia is doing currently, and viewed by the rest of the world. I may have been a little extreme, but that's my personal opinion because I don't value things that don't work, and holding on to old practices is what's kills you.

If we analyze our culture, eliminate the bad values, and keep the good ones is the ideal thing. I've heard some people say that if oil was extracted and the economy became better that somehow things like qabil would become obsolete. It would help fund schools and create smarter people who wouldn't look at the status quo as ideal, but I'm somewhat pessimistic. We have to change the bs now because money only complicates things.

If we fix things back home, then I believe things would become better in every aspect. But we have to be willing to change in the process, our actions and the state of our country is only a manifestation of who we are.
Hmm, but then doesn't that just go back to the earlier issue-- just like it's a bit useless to focus on culture when you can't even meet basic needs, ..what's the point of focusing on growth if you can't ensure survival? Maybe I'm misunderstanding but, what's an actual alternative option that ppl can feel confident enough in (to the extent of binning qabil altogether)??

Tbh, I don't think the destruction of institutions inherently stems from Somali culture tho-- isn't it more related to foreign intervention/al Shabab, and especially corruption?? Greedy, weak/incompetent leaders who're more motivated by attaining wealth, rather than creating a legacy future generations can work w/ & be proud of, are the biggest problem imo.

Ehh I guess we differ in opinion then, I personally don't think traditions should be so easily discarded, there's usually some kind of wisdom in old practices, but yhh I agree it's best to analyze & sort out the good from the bad. And agree w/ the bolded.

Hmm, but then doesn't that just go back to the earlier issue-- just like it's a bit useless to focus on culture when you can't even meet basic needs, ..what's the point of focusing on growth if you can't ensure survival? Maybe I'm misunderstanding but, what's an actual alternative option that ppl can feel confident enough in (to the extent of binning qabil altogether)??

Tbh, I don't think the destruction of institutions inherently stems from Somali culture tho-- isn't it more related to foreign intervention/al Shabab, and especially corruption?? Greedy, weak/incompetent leaders who're more motivated by attaining wealth, rather than creating a legacy future generations can work w/ & be proud of, are the biggest problem imo.

Ehh I guess we differ in opinion then, I personally don't think traditions should be so easily discarded, there's usually some kind of wisdom in old practices, but yhh I agree it's best to analyze & sort out the good from the bad. And agree w/ the bolded.
I don't value tradition or any other old thing, just because it's old. Culture is whatever we agree it is. On the other hand, I understand how Somalis have been proud xenophobes for a long time, and we have to keep certain elements to this archaic outlook for this transition to work out smoothly as possible.

"isn't it more related to foreign intervention/al Shabab, and especially corruption?? Greedy, weak/incompetent leaders who're more motivated by attaining wealth, rather than creating a legacy future generations can work w/ & be proud of, are the biggest problem imo."

We became susceptible to those problems because of weak culture in the first place. Let me remind you that all the current corrupt leaders are the proudest upholders of culture.

I believe we have to suffer in the process, especially those back in Somalia. There exists no easy solution to this. Changing the school system to teach children to value secular thinking, meritocracy, and other such values are the most effective.

Culture affects perception, it influences behavior, and it shapes personalities. I get it. Certain old practices are important, but my point is that it should not be at the expense of well-being.

:mjlol::pachah1::chrisfreshhah:

Disagree. Moderation is the virtue of a society.

Do you think a people who are not grounded in a culture authentic to who they are will prosper when they acquire wealth??? Just look at how some AA rappers from bad neighborhoods behave they go from the bottom to the 'top'... they spend their wealth on the most useless ish, & it dies out in less than a generation. Money alone doesn't do anything.

Who said I never acknowledged the accomplishments of the Western system?? I'm only saying that you should be cautious in throwing away or criticizing your own culture to embrace something that isn't native to you. Why not take the positives & incorporate it in a way that's specifically suited to the character of our own ppls?? One size doesn't fit all imo *shrugs*,

This would make sense had there been a stark difference between us and the aa:s. Too many Kids, absentee fathers or not involved at the level required, moody mothers Who wont hesitate to degrade and belittle her kids publicly and privately ( Kids probably have different fathers ). Sound familiar becouse this is your avarage somali family.

Poverty is the Mother of all bad things in the world. Higher crime rates, low umimployment, high fertility rate even though they cant afford to take Care of them. So a kid Who grown up in this inviroment Will have Hard time escaping no matter how much you give alas the AA:s you took as example. On the other Hand a kid Whose surrounding is comfortable middle class supurpia would do very well to fail.

First, There ought to be a gradual shift from this shitshow we call our culture to a more modern and family oriented culture where acedemic success is the center of it. This Will create a long lasting generational wealth and this Will give somalia human capital ( educated folks) to work with in oder fix its economy.

I'm not that keen on what is native to us or not becouse clearly our shit doesn't work and we shoudl ditch it.

TooMacaan

VIP
I don't value tradition or any other old thing, just because it's old. Culture is whatever we agree it is. On the other hand, I understand how Somalis have been proud xenophobes for a long time, and we have to keep certain elements to this archaic outlook for this transition to work out smoothly as possible.

"isn't it more related to foreign intervention/al Shabab, and especially corruption?? Greedy, weak/incompetent leaders who're more motivated by attaining wealth, rather than creating a legacy future generations can work w/ & be proud of, are the biggest problem imo."

We became susceptible to those problems because of weak culture in the first place. Let me remind you that all the current corrupt leaders are the proudest upholders of culture.

I believe we have to suffer in the process, especially those back in Somalia. There exists no easy solution to this. Changing the school system to teach children to value secular thinking, meritocracy, and other such values are the most effective.

Culture affects perception, it influences behavior, and it shapes personalities. I get it. Certain old practices are important, but my point is that it should not be at the expense of well-being.
How're current corrupt leaders the "proudest upholders of culture"?? They may use culture as a tool to implement their agenda but that doesn't mean the culture itself is to blame ...if not culture, they'd find some other replacement to further their ends. For ex., even ppl in America complain about corruption & cultural degeneracy increasing in recent years, due to corporatism, deviation from traditional principles, or w/e else, ..and this is supposedly(according to mainstream belief) the nation to model ourselves after.

Yh true, it sucks but there's no easy solution. Agree w/ the rest.

TooMacaan

VIP
This would make sense had there been a stark difference between us and the aa:s. Too many Kids, absentee fathers or not involved at the level required, moody mothers Who wont hesitate to degrade and belittle her kids publicly and privately ( Kids probably have different fathers ). Sound familiar becouse this is your avarage somali family.

Poverty is the Mother of all bad things in the world. Higher crime rates, low umimployment, high fertility rate even though they cant afford to take Care of them. So a kid Who grown up in this inviroment Will have Hard time escaping no matter how much you give alas the AA:s you took as example. On the other Hand a kid Whose surrounding is comfortable middle class supurpia would do very well to fail.

First, There ought to be a gradual shift from this shitshow we call our culture to a more modern and family oriented culture where acedemic success is the center of it. This Will create a long lasting generational wealth and this Will give somalia human capital ( educated folks) to work with in oder fix its economy.

I'm not that keen on what is native to us or not becouse clearly our shit doesn't work and we shoudl ditch it.
Kids probably have different fathers kulaha:gucciwhat:, now this is some wild ish-- I see you've decided to craft some creative BS into the already negative narrative (which is full of generalizations btw.).

I agree poverty causes a lot of issues, all I'm saying is not to abandon culture in hopes that it's gonna be a fix-all to that problem. Education/awareness is needed in combination w/ the material things.

Agree w/ the bolded.

The amount of self-hate in this thread is too much.

Somalis are only garbage because they're pretending to be something they're not. It's always wanna be nazis, negros or western boot lickers.

Somalis from cities and towns with a small or non-existing Somali population are much better. They're a lot more proud, family oriented and successful.

These are for the most part diaspora issues that are not seen back home.

On the religious front the poisonous salafi madkhali cult from Saudi Arabia is rampant among Somali's in the diaspora but in Somalia itself they are nothing more then a tiny minority that are laughed at.

Majority of Somali's are still Suufi and the only reason salafism entered is due to the birth of extreme forms of Sufism that strayed towards polytheism.

This is a global phenomenon affecting all cultures today and the Saudi's were successful in this, it's not exclusive to Somalis.

On the aspect of dom with female's, this is purely a diaspora issue, back home this kind of stuff is underground and the general public never sees it, you wont find a single Somali instagram account belonging to a girl that lives in Somalia.

As for the gangster thug culture that also doesn't exist back home.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
These are for the most part diaspora issues that are not seen back home.

On the religious front the poisonous salafi madkhali cult from Saudi Arabia is rampant among Somali's in the diaspora but in Somalia itself they are nothing more then a tiny minority that are laughed at.

Majority of Somali's are still Suufi and the only reason salafism entered is due to the birth of extreme forms of Sufism that strayed towards polytheism.

This is a global phenomenon affecting all cultures today and the Saudi's were successful in this, it's not exclusive to Somalis.

On the aspect of dom with female's, this is purely a diaspora issue, back home this kind of stuff is underground and the general public never sees it, you wont find a single Somali instagram account belonging to a girl that lives in Somalia.

As for the gangster thug culture that also doesn't exist back home.
Someone who finally makes scenes in this thread. Thank you for debunking this man.

All of the shit mentioned in this thread is a diaspora only problem. Somali culture is herding camel's and praying five times a day, not s shaking there asses on instagram or ciyaal suuq's selling drugs.

And why does it matter if a Shiekh wears a kamiis and Saudi turban? Is islamic attire now booty clapping too?:snoop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts