Somali changes his arabic/Persian name to a Somali name

Apollo

VIP
kkkkkkkkkkkkk barambaro

Kkkkkkkkk ukhti come on don't do a brotha like that kkkkk

maxresdefault.jpg

I’m naming my first son Libaax, but his government will be something else. To me though I’ll only address him as Libaax.

Or you could just name him Aar

Have you heard about an artist named Aar maanta? His name literally means libaaxa maanta.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I have a name that is used by both Somalis and Americans, however it's pronounced completely different. I prefer the Somali way, even though it's a difficult sound it out for non somali speakers :)

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
People need to learn how to differentiate between Arab names and Islamic names. Most Somalis have Islamic names....not traditional Arab names like: Sami, Baseem, Amir, Nadir, and Maher...You'll never find Somali men with these names.
I've seen many fobs naming their children Arab names that have no history in the deen its disgusting

Some stay stuck with their nationalism and it darkens their heart and mind and they become ultra gaals
Somalis really dont like arab, ever since uae and qatar meddling in somali afairs. When someone is told do this because its kheyr or righteous, i often hear " ar nacalla iyo diintaada carbeed" and they are fobs. Anti-arab sentiment is quite high.

Nationalism and all of its manifestations are nothing more then a malignant cancers.

If your going to be proud of something that was never in your hand to begin with, at least it's understandable if it's some glorious powerful nation that has done a lot of good for the world which you contributed towards, or a nation that has at least benefited you personally.

Our country has done none of this but rather the complete opposite.

To show pride in this at the expense of your glorious deen which is the only thing that gives you dignity today and boast about this in public, is the worst form of abomination.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
most Americans aren’t familiar with Islamic names unless your name is Mohamed. Strangely many Hispanics also have Arabic names.

Most Somali names have gone extinct because of the lack of writing system by Somalis. Islamic names is the only way my friends

The beauty in life and Islam is diversity. Seeing cultures all across the global embrace Islam whilst maintaining traditional cultural practices within the fold of Islam is a beautiful thing. The more Somali children named actual traditional Somali names the better. Culture is an enormous part of life and one of the many aspects we shouldn’t neglect.

Trending