Somali changes his arabic/Persian name to a Somali name

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Because of my Arabic name my fellow Arab brothers instantly recognise I am a noble Soomaal ibn Cusmaan ibn Aqiil Abu Talib

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
At least Muslims can pronounce your name. Half my family can’t pronounce my first name and even some Arabs can’t pronounce it. Pissed me off sometimes because it’s an easy name to pronounce if your Muslim
Really hard for half your fam to pronounce? Is it Abdirashid? Roble?

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
People need to learn how to differentiate between Arab names and Islamic names. Most Somalis have Islamic names....not traditional Arab names like: Sami, Baseem, Amir, Nadir, and Maher...You'll never find Somali men with these names.
Sadly that’s not true, I know Amirs, Maher and Nadir, it’s pretty common with younger generation

Macalin M

Out here
Really hard for half your fam to pronounce? Is it Abdirashid? Roble?
There’s something I call the ‘Norwegian Treatment’ and because of that I can’t say my name. Especially because I’ve already stated the area I live in which barely has any Somalis to begin with. It’s not any of those though.

Real ones know about the Norwegian Treatment

Timo Jareer and proud

There’s something I call the ‘Norwegian Treatment’ and because of that I can’t say my name. Especially because I’ve already stated the area I live in which barely has any Somalis to begin with. It’s not any of those though.

Real ones know about the Norwegian Treatment
Ok no problem. Btw, your English is very good. Would have never thought that you where Norwegian.

CaliTedesse

VIP
waryaa somali names aren't gaaloo names dummy:gucciwhat: sounding real ignorant right now
Stop twisting my words you GAAJOmalian I never said that yaa 7aywaan !!! akhh tuuf only a gaal nationalist would change parents given name

Timo Jareer and proud

Warsangeli is a BADASS name to give a boy. Sounds so good on the tongue when pronounced and the meaning of it is similar to Warsame.

Only cons is that nibbas will think your parents are tribalistic, and how westerners would pronounce it.

War-Son-Gal-Ahey :susp:

Tukraq

VIP
Stop twisting my words you GAAJOmalian I never said that yaa 7aywaan !!! akhh tuuf only a gaal nationalist would change parents given name
arab names suck, who wouldn't change it when theres far superior sounding muslim somali names to pick from(higher percentage of somalis are muslims than arabs)

CaliTedesse

VIP
arab names suck, who wouldn't change it when theres far superior sounding muslim somali names to pick from(higher percentage of somalis are muslims than arabs)
kkkk gtfoh most people on earth would agree Arab names sound better

Trending