Somali changes his arabic/Persian name to a Somali name

Macalin M

Out here
Do Somalis exist who have their clan as their official surname?

In Gulf Arab countries they do that (Arabs with their tribe as their surname). Some even their ethnicity (like Al-Turki, Al-Bukhari etc).

Would be cool if Somalis also did this, everyone would be tribally identifiable by their surname. :chrisfreshhah:
Xamar ones will know my clan by knowing my surname.

Do Somalis exist who have their clan as their official surname?

In Gulf Arab countries they do that (Arabs with their tribe as their surname). Some even their ethnicity (like Al-Turki, Al-Bukhari etc).

Would be cool if Somalis also did this, everyone would be tribally identifiable by their surname. :chrisfreshhah:
Scotsmen also have a surname system that links to clan membership.

Its odd that Somalis don't have such a surname system, considering many Somalis are obsessed with qabiil.

I love my typical Muslim name (not abdurahman). Nothing is more beloved to me than their hatred when they see that someone with my name beats them in every discipline, let it be school, university or work. Indeed their hatred and jealousy is a big motivation.
:banderas:

Only weak people with no principles don't wanna be associated with what they are. I prefer to be respected for what i am, than loved for what i'm not.
:nahgirl:

Didn't an SYL member also do this back in the day? I've been thinking about doing this for while now. Apparently dad wanted to name me Milgo but chickened out and ended up giving me a generic Ay-rab name.

I was at Target the other day and I saw a Somali woman looking for her son shouting "Hamadeh"
D7CWxsBUcAAIbfD.jpg:large

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
An Islamic name is fine, because it would have been due to some inspiration, but naming your son "Muriidi" "Cammaar" "Xammuud" is like expecting to find an Arab named "Guuleed" or "Liibaan".

World

VIP
The reason why Somalis name their children Arab names is because they’re ashamed of their culture and think Arab names are modern and ilbax.

Trending

Latest posts