Somali-Bantu ethnicity tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
Oromos were called the Somali-Abo once lol. This is a pointless discussion and I genuinely doubt anybody really cares about giving this community a new name. They will choose to identify under whatever name they like.

Dhabaal

Part time -Devils Advocate Full time- Anarchist
Oromos were called the Somali-Abo once lol. This is a pointless discussion and I genuinely doubt anybody really cares about giving this community a new name. They will choose to identify under whatever name they like.

It's not pointless discussion because it is the Somali identity people are speaking off. Somali identity is exclusive, its not an open-door people can just walk into. Somali its not a jacket people just wear whenever it suits their interests.

If everyone is Somali then no one is Somali.

They can identify with whatever they want but that doesn't mean ''We'' the Somali majority who defines Somali identity have to accept that.

Last edited:

Dhabaal

Dhabaal must be the most aptly named user on this forum.

What can i say, i am a humble individual who embraces his idiocy. :mjswag:

JK, i honestly picked the name for satirical purposes:zhqjlmx:.

i don't appreciate the insult man

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Saxiib we'll be alright. These Somali mothers are having at least 10 kids out here. We'll be fine. :drakekidding:

No we won't, the Somali population hasn't increased anywhere near the same rate as the Somali Bantu. 1150℅ increase for God's sake.

:damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

Did you know East and Central Africa used to be inhabited by people that looked like us? From Kenya to the Great Lakes region? Where they at now?

:damedamn:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
No we won't, the Somali population hasn't increased anywhere near the same rate as the Somali Bantu. 1150℅ increase for God's sake.

:damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

Did you know East and Central Africa used to be inhabited by people that looked like us? From Kenya to the Great Lakes region? Where they at now?

:damedamn:
I don't believe that they increased 1150 % since the civil war. It's just a random figure with no evidence.

And no, East and Central Africa did not inhabit people that looked like Somalis. The people who inhabit there now are actually biologically very similar to those that used to inhabit it. Cushtic is just a language branch and not some sort of distinct DNA marker.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I don't believe that they increased 1150 % since the civil war. It's just a random figure with no evidence.

And no, East and Central Africa did not inhabit people that looked like Somalis. The people who inhabit there now are actually biologically very similar to those that used to inhabit it. Cushtic is just a language branch and not some sort of distinct DNA marker.

The figures are easy to look up my friend.

No, language groups before the modern age correspond well with distinct people.

Theres no reason to assume south Cushites would look any different from eastern lowland, eastern highland etc.

220px-Iraqw_Man.jpg

This man is Iraqw, one of the last Cushitic speaking groups of the Great Lakes region. The rest were totally subsumed by the Bantu invasions.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
The figures are easy to look up my friend.

No, language groups before the modern age correspond well with distinct people.

Theres no reason to assume south Cushites would look any different from eastern lowland, eastern highland etc.

220px-Iraqw_Man.jpg

This man is Iraqw, one of the last Cushitic speaking groups of the Great Lakes region. The rest were totally subsumed by the Bantu invasions.
These other cushites have mixed with the bantus for centuries and have a substantial amount of similarities now. Maybe thousands of years ago they were similar to somalis but now through intermarriage and mixing they are not like us somalis. The xabashes speak a semetic language and share 60-70 % of their autosomal dna with us.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
These other cushites have mixed with the bantus for centuries and have a substantial amount of similarities now. Maybe thousands of years ago they were similar to somalis but now through intermarriage and mixing they are not like us somalis. The xabashes speak a semetic language and share 60-70 % of their autosomal dna with us.

That's exactly what I'm saying, most of the South Cushite languages, in fact people, are extinct. They've been assimilated and subsumed by the Bantu hordes, just like they will do in Somalia given enough time.

Dhabaal

I understand what you are getting at, @Bahal notice how Rendille people in Kenya for example used to be Somali and now even tho they are linguistically related to us, they are physically and culturally Bantu.

Scary:9uoofqd:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
That's exactly what I'm saying, most of the South Cushite languages, in fact people, are extinct. They've been assimilated and subsumed by the Bantu hordes, just like they will do in Somalia given enough time.
If the tplf can subdue both the oromo and the amxara who are together 70 million strong whilst not even being 10 % of that size, then i dont see why somalis who are 20 million should be paranoid of the descendants of ex-slaves who don't even number 1 % of ethnic somalis. I don't give a crap about what these Madows done to other Madows 1000 years ago, somalis would have reached tanzania if the british didnt stop our expansion.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
If the tplf can subdue both the oromo and the amxara who are together 70 million strong whilst not even being 10 % of that size, then i dont see why somalis who are 20 million should be paranoid of the descendants of ex-slaves who don't even number 1 % of ethnic somalis. I don't give a crap about what these Madows done to other Madows 1000 years ago, somalis would have reached tanzania if the british didnt stop our expansion.

I'm thinking in terms of centuries. The TPLF had a good run but they're doomed. You cannot simply ignore a demographic threat of this magnitude, especially when we have countless examples through history. Either their birthrates are normalized, or they're repatriated to their original homelands, which would be preferable for both of us.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I'm thinking in terms of centuries. The TPLF had a good run but they're doomed. You cannot simply ignore a demographic threat of this magnitude, especially when we have countless examples through history. Either their birthrates are normalized, or they're repatriated to their original homelands, which would be preferable for both of us.
Who knows... maybe in the end of this century, a nuclear war may begin and the world as we know it may collapse along with all technology.

You are paranoid for no reason. There is no demographic threat by a marginalized minority who are simply miskeen ex-slaves.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Who knows... maybe in the end of this century, a nuclear war may begin and the world as we know it may collapse along with all technology.

You are paranoid for no reason. There is no demographic threat by a marginalized minority who are simply miskeen ex-slaves.

You don't think a 1150% population increase from 80k to 1 million+ constitutes a demographic threat?

They will not remain a marginalized minority for long. The Eastern Cushites, starting with the Somalis, will inexorably be replaced by the Bantus like they've done to everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending