Somali Bantu 23andme results

IMO, They won't. It is already out of the question. It is a myth I see thrown around (''Khoisan'' Somalis) with very little evidence so far. The Booni who lead the purest of hunter gather lifestyles barely do. The Eeyle/Eelaay are more integrated with ethnic Somalis and likely have even more Cushitic/NEA percentages as their ancestral base which was then subsequently reduced by Bantu admixture. The Bantu admixture is likely the only main difference they have from regular Somalis.
I'm coming from a speculative position, out of curiosity. I may have heard some stories about a said myth, and it piqued my interest. Maybe I'm just looking for more variety within the Somali peripheral ancestry pool. I just don't want to rule anything out.

Apollo

VIP
I'm coming from a speculative position, out of curiosity. I may have heard some stories about a said myth, and it piqued my interest. Maybe I'm just looking for more variety within the Somali peripheral ancestry pool. I just don't want to rule anything out.

Hehe, so many Somalis think Khoisans used to live in Somalia as recently as a few centuries ago. Seeing it all over Wikipedia. I think it is largely 'fake news'.

A few years ago I had debates with Grant who claimed Somali Bantus were Omotics, LMAO.. I am just saying that my theory is the most likely one: there are no paleolithic/pre-Cushitic origin populations in Somaliweyn.

@Amirah

I was speaking from a pure genetics standpoint, which is kinda different from self-identification. They mixed with the Somali Bantus.

There was one angry reer xamar fella who popped up every time his people got mentioned. I think he was around 40% Somali. He posted his results, so you might find it if you look for it.

Apollo

VIP
Involuntary procreation occurs, maybe that is how she got her Somali dhig. Southern Geeljires were savages.

I have seen Rahanweyns with strange Asian paternal haplogroups like J2, G, H etc. So Bravanese people also paternally ''cucked'' Rahanweyn ethnic Somalis.

Apollo

VIP
Do the Rahanweyn have any higher Ethiopians than other Somalis.

There was more historic interaction between Oromos and the Rahanweyn.

Then tribes like the Ogaden and Marehan showed up from North Somalia/Mudug and broke the ties between Oromos and Rahanweyns. My hypothesis.

I have seen Rahanweyns with strange West Asian paternal haplogroups like J2, G, H. So Bravanese people also paternally ''cucked'' Rahanweyn ethnic Somalis.
What do OGs score on these tests? Just wondering cuz there is a sub-tribe of ours that border RX in Bakool. Are they more divergent?

Apollo

VIP
What do OGs score on these tests? Just wondering cuz there is a sub-tribe of ours that border RX in Bakool. Are they more divergent?

Same as most other Somalis.

I only have seen 1 Jubbaland Ogaden (out of many) guy with 2% Southeast African (Bantu).

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Involuntary procreation occurs, maybe that is how she got her Somali dhig. Southern Geeljires were savages.

Why assume it was only via force when she might have small amounts of NEA from relations that occurred with other admixed minority groups who have fewer taboos of marrying from them than the mainstream ethnic Somalis?

Apollo

VIP
Why assume it was only via force when she might have small amounts of NEA from relations that occurred with other admixed minority groups who have fewer taboos of marrying from them than the mainstream Somali?

Bantus from Kenya's east coast tend to have very little Cushitic. Same for Tanzania's northern coast. Lake Malawi and Mozambique are also low to no Cushitic. These last two are much lower than the first two.

However, Bantus from Central Kenya and close to Kilimanjaro in North-Central Tanzania, have quite a bit.

There was more historic interaction between Oromos and the Rahanweyn.

Then tribes like the Ogaden and Marehan showed up from North Somalia/Mudug and broke the ties between Oromos and Rahanweyns. My hypothesis.

What do you mean by Rahanweyn? Are you classing Garre as Rahanweyn?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Bantus from Kenya's east coast tend to have very little Cushitic. Same for Tanzania's northern coast. Lake Malawi and Mozambique are also low to no Cushitic.

However, Bantus from Central Kenya and close to Kilimanjaro in North-Central Tanzania, have quite a bit.

Why do you think that is so?

Trending