Somali Bantu 23andme results

The Somali Bantu scores could differ greatly, some could even carry much more Somali than this woman, or less in other cases.

I'm interested in the Eelay - it would be nice if they had much paleo Somali ancestry - or if some of the people we assume to be Somali Bantus by phenotype carry a lot of the indigenous hunter-gatherer DNA than normal.
I’m eelaay wassup

Basically, it's an option for people to inspect further into their ancestry by modeling based on various existing sample data.
I did that but with gedmatch, came out to roughly 65% East African pastoralist 25% Middle Eastern herder and the remaining 10% is hadza farmer (5%) Mediterranean farmer (2.5%) south Asian Hunter gatherer (1.5%) and Pygmy Hunter gatherer/north Eurasian farmer the remaining 1.5%

I did that but with gedmatch, came out to roughly 65% East African pastoralist 25% Middle Eastern herder and the remaining 10% is hadza farmer (5%) Mediterranean farmer (2.5%) south Asian Hunter gatherer (1.5%) and Pygmy Hunter gatherer/north Eurasian farmer the remaining 1.5%
I see. G25 is different from Gedmatch, though. You can experiment with your cords using various population proxies to find possible deep layers and newer signals, from broad basal components to trace level stuff, both ancient and modern. There is a lot to say about Gedmatch, but I'm sure you know its limitations and tendency to give errors, also convolute components in many of the calculators not very ideal for certain backgrounds.

Apollo

VIP
Is your paternal haplogroup bantu in origin or arab?

It's a sub-group of E-M2, which has Niger-Congo paternal origins. But as said previously, a small minority of Rahanweyns have non-Somali paternal lineages (that is not E-M35 or T-L206 derived ones), including South Asian ones like R1a, H, J2, an G from Benadiris. Some Benadiris also have Bantu paternal lineages (E-M2 derived ones). The Benadiri guy from ''The Modern Somali Family'' on YouTube for instance.

It's a sub-group of E-M2, which has Niger-Congo paternal origins. But as said previously, a small minority of Rahanweyns have non-Somali paternal lineages (that is not E-M35 or T-L206 derived ones), including South Asian ones like R1a, H, J2, an G from Benadiris. Some Benadiris also have Bantu paternal lineages (E-M2 derived ones). The Benadiri guy from ''The Modern Somali Family'' on YouTube for instance.

Fast majority of G haplogroups among bandaris is actually downstream likely mostly peninsular Arab derived ( G-PF3296 ). But I have come across 1 or 2 which could possibly be of south-Asian origin, but unlikely. Some are also of Balkan/Greek/Anatolian origin.

Most of the benadiri south-asian ancestry is mediated through Indo-Aryan y haplogroups like R-Y6.

They are not Digil and Mirifle. According to clan folklore, one group, the Quranyow, are Dir whilst the Tuuf are related to Gaaljecel, Degoodi, Cawramale and come under the Gardheere Samaale branch. Hawiyes and other Samaales know this, it is just the non-Samaales that are ignorant of their clan affiliation.

The Garre and Degoodi lived further North in Historical times and actually preceded the Mareexaan in Southern Somalia/K5. This happened during the Somali 'Volkswanderung' in the post Ahmed Gurey era. The Ogaden of the Jubbas only came to the scene after being pushed across the Jubba River by the Rahanweyn who were too strong for them. They then sought sanctuary among the Orma before usurping them after a smallpox epidemic and attacks from multiple clans weakened the Orma. It is the Cawlayahan Ogaden of Southern K5 that caused the later split between the Oromos and Rahanweyn in areas where they traditionally bordered each other. Nonetheless, some Ogaden did end up joining the Rahanweyn. For instance, the Hadamo have Ogadens among them.
yes the cawlayahan fought arsi raayitu clan of waaqo guutu oromo they used to border rahanweyn some were incoperated into garwaale mando. ogaden reer wafate and afgab came to afdheer and godey fought, islamisized them and put them in their clan structure.

The Somali Bantu scores could differ greatly, some could even carry much more Somali than this woman, or less in other cases.

I'm interested in the Eelay - it would be nice if they had much paleo Somali ancestry - or if some of the people we assume to be Somali Bantus by phenotype carry a lot of the indigenous hunter-gatherer DNA than normal.
Did you mean to say Eyle instead of eelay? I’ve always wondered if they were remnants of bushmen. I’ve always heard that.

Trending