Somali Bantu 23andme results

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
So Somali Bantu are basically African Americans level admixed which is kind of a shock Bantu genes dominate. :damn:
I’m pretty sure your average white American has more African American derived blood than your average somali has bantu blood

convincation

VIP
She is a Shabelle JW. Apparently they have more Somali admixture than Jubba JWs. Lastly, AAs are admixed with full Eurasians. Ethnic Somalis are not full Eurasian, only 38%.
Did she specify that she was shabelle?

Apollo

VIP
Did she specify that she was shabelle?

I thought you said it? If not I stand corrected.

I have seen one Jubba valley Madowweyne genome in a study with samples of Somali students in India. He clustered with full blood Kenyan Bantus. I think Jubba Bantus are more hardcore pure.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴

I have seen one Jubba valley Madowweyne genome in a study from Somali students in India. He clustered with full blood Kenyan Bantus. I think Jubba Bantus are more hardcore pure.
More pure due to recent migrations?

convincation

VIP

I have seen one Jubba valley Madowweyne genome in a study with samples of Somali students in India. He clustered with full blood Kenyan Bantus. I think Jubba Bantus are more hardcore pure.
Nah I’m not sure what her Bantu tribe is I just asked if she was shabelle which somali clans would she have intermarried with because my family are from middle shabelle and defo don’t intermarry with bantus

The Somali Bantu scores could differ greatly, some could even carry much more Somali than this woman, or less in other cases.

I'm interested in the Eelay - it would be nice if they had much paleo Somali ancestry - or if some of the people we assume to be Somali Bantus by phenotype carry a lot of the indigenous hunter-gatherer DNA than normal.

Apollo

VIP
The Somali Bantu scores could differ greatly, some could even carry much more Somali than this woman, or less in other cases.

I'm interested in the Eelay - it would be nice if they had much paleo Somali ancestry - or if some of the people we assume to be Somali Bantus by phenotype carry a lot of the indigenous hunter-gatherer DNA than normal.

I have come across one Eelay on 23andme, but lost his contact details. He had huge Bantu admixture, something on the order of 30-40% if I remember correctly. I think they are Somali+Bantu rather than something ancient.

Same thing applies to the Booni of the Kismaayo coast. A recent study showed 1/3rd Bantu admixture in them (source).

I don't think any pure paleo population exists in Somaliweyn.

convincation

VIP
I have come across one Eelay on 23andme, but lost his contact details. He had huge Bantu admixture, something on the order of 30-40% if I remember correctly. I think they are Somali+Bantu rather than something ancient.

Same thing applies to the Booni of the Kismaayo coast. A recent study showed 1/3rd Bantu admixture in them.

Eelay is a massive clan do you think a high percentage of them are bantu mixed?

Same thing applies to the Booni of the Kismaayo coast. A recent study showed 1/3rd Bantu admixture in them.

Is af-maay maay Cushitic or niger-congo it sounds like a whole different language rather than another dialect.

Apollo

VIP
Eelay is a massive clan do you think a high percentage of them are bantu mixed?

It's not a big clan. They are a small minority clan. It does not mean Rahanweyn which some Somalis confuse it for. It is a specific sub-sub clan.

The area behind Merka and Brava had plantations were Bantu slaves worked. Some escaped and then joined the Eelaay community. That's my theory.

Most other Rahanweyn don't have Bantu admixture, especially the ones in Bakool and North Bay don't (seen a handful of their 23andMe results). Not sure about the ones from Southern Bay or Lower Shabelle.

I don't know, man. We would never know for sure; how would 23andMe even recognize the Somali forager stuff? It would be great to have a formal study conducted or get a couple of samples on G25 or something.

I don't think there is any pure paleo living today, no doubt. Only maybe some frequencies higher some places than others.

Apollo

VIP
I don't know, man. We would never know for sure, how would 23andMe even recognize the Somali forager stuff? It would be great to have a formal study conducted or get a couple of samples on G25 or something.

I saw his results a long time ago back when 23andMe only had less informative components like a generic East Africa one and a generic West Africa one (no Somali etc stuff). I messaged him and asked where he was from and he said Eelaay from Buur Hakaba. That huge of a percentage of West Africa means one thing for sure: he is or they are Bantu admixed. No other way. I deleted that old 23andme account and no longer have his contact info, but trust me the info is legit. Time will tell when they publish Eelaays from Buur Hakaba and you will see it confirmed.

I also don't get the logic of expecting pure hunter-gatherers to live around agropastoralists into the modern age. In Europe none exist, in the MENA world none exist, so it is highly likely they don't exist in Somalia either.

I saw his results a long time ago back when 23andMe only had less informative components like a generic East Africa one and a generic West Africa one (no Somali etc stuff). I messaged him and asked where he was from and he said Eelaay from Buur Hakaba. That huge of a percentage of West Africa means one thing for sure: he is or they are Bantu admixed. No other way. I deleted that old 23andme account and no longer have his contact info, but trust me the info is legit. Time will tell when they publish Eelaays from Buur Hakaba and you will see it confirmed.

I also don't get the logic of expecting pure hunter-gatherers to live around agropastoralists into the modern age. In Europe none exist, in the MENA world none exist, so it is highly likely they don't exist in Somalia either.
Dude, I don't doubt they have mixed with Bantus. In fact, I expect that. And I'm not saying there are pure hunter-gatherers walking around today, that would be crazy. I'm saying maybe some groups down there carry increased frequencies, irrespective of what other stuff is in their composition. It might be true or false, interesting nonetheless.

Apollo

VIP
Dude, I don't doubt they have mixed with Bantus. In fact, I expect that. And I'm not saying there are pure hunter-gatherers walking around today, that would be crazy. I'm saying maybe some groups down there carry increased frequencies, irrespective of what other stuff is in their composition. It might be true or false, interesting nonetheless.

IMO, They won't. It is already out of the question. It is a myth I see thrown around (''Khoisan'' Somalis) with very little evidence so far. The Booni who lead the purest of hunter gather lifestyles barely do. The Eeyle/Eelaay are more integrated with ethnic Somalis and likely have even more Cushitic/NEA percentages as their ancestral base which was then subsequently reduced by Bantu admixture. The Bantu admixture is likely the only main difference they have from regular Somalis.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
IMO, They won't. It is already out of the question. It is a myth I see thrown around with very little evidence so far. The Booni who lead the purest of hunter gather lifestyles barely do. The Eeyle/Eelaay are more integrated with ethnic Somalis and likely have even more Cushitic/NEA percentages as their ancestral base which were then subsequently reduced by Bantu admixture.
Some place I read claimed Paleo Somali differs between 8-12 percent

convincation

VIP
It's not a big clan. They are a small minority clan. It does not mean Rahanweyn which some Somalis confuse it for. It is a specific sub-sub clan.

The area behind Merka and Brava had plantations were Bantu slaves worked. Some escaped and then joined the Eelaay community. That's my theory.

Most other Rahanweyn don't have Bantu admixture, especially the ones in Bakool and North Bay don't (seen a handful of their 23andMe results). Not sure about the ones from Southern Bay or Lower Shabelle.
Eelay is like the biggest rahanweyn subclan alongside tunni and leysan. They dominate baidoa from what I know but I’m not too sure

Trending

Latest posts