Somali are gun confirmed?

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Sxb, I guess you're also under ethiopian occupation :gucciwhat:

View attachment 263926

@Somali Ugaas I guess your town as well
View attachment 263927

Many Somalis will be in for a rude awakening, when they took for granted of being part of Somalia :silanyolaugh:
lol 💀, It wouldn’t be first time. we were occupied for a while 1982 to 1988 by Ethiopia when they invaded with help of SSDF. According to elders most of city was leveled and only couple houses were left standing, most of city was rebuilt after war.

No they couldn't invade, Somalia is very difficult to invade, it would've backfired. Somalia also had troops still in Ethiopia, they would've risked getting encircled.

7 countries had to save Ethiopia from total collapse, if the US kept their word and kept supplying Somalia with arms we would've won the war very easily as it'd end up being war of attrition - soviets would've gave up in a couple years due to Afghanistan and we would end up winning.

MSB was an idiot for attempting to conquer Galbeed militarily (even more so given the circustances), we rather should’ve taken the diplomatic approach like what we saw with Cadde and Sharmarke

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
MSB was an idiot for attempting to conquer Galbeed militarily (even more so given the circustances), we rather should’ve taken the diplomatic approach like what we saw with Cadde and Sharmarke
Lots of Somalis on both sides of border suffered because of this. We were young nation and he turned the international community against us . Should have focused on building economy and winning over galbeed gradually

didnt the world bank issue a report identifying offshore wind potential? Somalia has madd potential wallahi we just need to foundation, I don’t think we’d need to use the GERD

Lots of Somalis on both sides of border suffered because of this. We were young nation and he turned the international community against us . Should have focused on building economy and winning over galbeed gradually

Sharmarke and Cadde were more crazy when it came to what we claimed though, I remember reading somewhere that we claimed everything east of the Bale mountains well into Oromia :russ:

A commonly forgotten war in Somali history was the short Ethio-Somali war, check out the wiki page it is extremely detailed and im familiar with the author of the page aswell.

946B72E3-CB5F-4204-A082-4F1DE1675AEC.jpeg

ka waran bro they had 6x soldiers + we were a little under 4 years from from independence. Oh, and don’t forget about American support yet it still resulted in Somali victory

After this war SNA became very popular in Somalia, we saw this as a huge victory and it was.

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Sharmarke and Cadde were more crazy when it came to what we claimed though, I remember reading somewhere that we claimed everything east of the Bale mountains well into Oromia :russ:

A commonly forgotten war in Somali history was the short Ethio-Somali war, check out the wiki page it is extremely detailed and im familiar with the author of the page aswell.

View attachment 263928

ka waran bro they had 6x soldiers + we were a little under 4 years from from independence. Oh, and don’t forget about American support yet it still resulted in Somali victory

After this war SNA became very popular in Somalia, we saw this as a huge victory and it was.
Wow never knew this. Leaders back then were serious about the flag and uniting 5 regions. Think this is worth its own post man first time I’m hearing about this 1964 war led by president Aden

There was no other choice we were being bombed and attacked randomly by Ethiopia when Cadde and Sharmarke were in office. Diplomatic approach only works when you have leverage. A powerful Somalia and Ethiopia cannot co-exist, war was bound to happened, even if we never "invaded". Siyaad turned Somali into a powerful country very quick and made both Kenya and Ethiopia scared for their lives

Siyaad thought the US would keep supporting us which is why we were so confident. Like I said we would've won if the US kept supplying arms as soviets would've gave up helping Mengistu

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
There was no other choice we were being bombed and attacked randomly by Ethiopia when Cadde and Sharmarke were in office. Diplomatic approach only works when you have leverage. A powerful Somalia and Ethiopia cannot co-exist, war was bound to happened, even if we never "invaded". Siyaad turned Somali into a powerful country very quick and made both Kenya and Ethiopia scared for their lives

Siyaad thought the US would keep supporting us which is why we were so confident. Like I said we would've won if the US kept supplying arms as soviets would've gave up helping Mengistu
I’ve heard both ways. I also heard Russians egged on the war and promised support then switched sides. But why start in Ogaden. Djibouti was easy target then maybe NFD which has way better land for farming and river. Ogaden a desert with bad soil except for region near jigjiga.

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
I’ve heard both ways. I also heard Russians egged on the war and promised support then switched sides. But why start in Ogaden. Djibouti was easy target then maybe NFD which has way better land for farming and river. Ogaden a desert with bad soil except for region near jigjiga.
Djibouti desert land also but strategic port . Video also stated France had no interest in fighting on behalf of Djibouti

More I read about Somali history it’s like we were sabotaged from the beginning :meleshame:

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Somalis turning up in jigjiga during war. Western reporter states experts thought Ethiopia govt collapse was imminent unless direct intervention from soviet happened .why I cheer now Russia being bleed dry in Ukraine. 🇺🇸 🦅 glad my tax payer money being put to good use with billion in weapons

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Ethiopian airlines revenue is like 5 billion almost our whole gdp. They also have one of the fastest growing gdps in world and once GERD is online with cheap electricity for all they will leave us in the dust. Somalis are asleep for last 30 + years.
that number is close to the one of the best airlines Singapore airlines 7 billion. While the airlines was not that big, it makes you skeptical.

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Due to the 2 rivers which are vital for koonfuur, MSB should have just assasinated the top ethiopian leaders and then invaded it.