Somali are gun confirmed?

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka
B8747649-C4B2-4394-9BB4-8D5889BB5760.jpeg

Ethiopian Airlines got direct flights to global cities. These are some of the biggest and wealthiest cities in the world and planes owned&operated by the Govt of Ethiopia are able to land there and fly back.

Find some perspective man. Somalia laangaab you were celebrating direct flights with Fly Dubai wallahi you guys are an embarrassment :damn: :mjcry:

It's even more embarrassing that we have to use ethiopia as a measurement to determine how failed of a nation we are, despite them also being in shambles :francis:

We need a godsent saviour at this point :rejoice:

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
Ethiopian airlines revenue is like 5 billion almost our whole gdp. They also have one of the fastest growing gdps in world and once GERD is online with cheap electricity for all they will leave us in the dust. Somalis are asleep for last 30 + years.

Ethiopian airlines revenue is like 5 billion almost our whole gdp. They also have one of the fastest growing gdps in world and once GERD is online with cheap electricity for all they will leave us in the dust. Somalis are asleep for last 30 + years.

The problem with GERD is that electricity will become so cheap, that it will only make sense for Somalia to buy from ethiopia, and thereby become dependent on them. That's the objective of the their gov't as well. :drakewtf:

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
The problem with GERD is that electricity will become so cheap, that it will only make sense for Somalia to buy from ethiopia, and thereby become dependent on them. That's the objective of the their gov't as well. :drakewtf:
Lol For sure they will dwarf us economically but their electricity will still be big step up for us in my
Opinion . Creative destruction let innovators win, our money being wasted on generators and diesel which causes lots of pollution and is expensive. I think somali government should still put tax on the electricity and put it towards building our own grid eventually so we aren’t reliant on country we always don’t have good relationship with.l unfortunately don’t see any other option for now , unless someone invents crazy efficient solar panels

Calaami

The Somali man would rather be the “laandheere” of a dump than equal to his fellow man in a prosperous nation.

Lol For sure they will dwarf us economically but their electricity will still be big step up for us in my
Opinion . Creative destruction let innovators win, our money being wasted on generators and diesel which causes lots of pollution and is expensive. I think somali government should still put tax on the electricity and put it towards building our own grid eventually so we aren’t reliant on country we always don’t have good relationship with.l unfortunately don’t see any other option for now , unless someone invents crazy efficient solar panels

Damn, the thought of being further dependent on Addis is insane, even if it's just a temporary measure/solution. :dwill:

As far as other energy sources; Somalia has great potential for renewable energy in large magnitudes. Though, they require much investments before actually paying off, if it even gets to that stage. I'm not sure if there are actors willing to focus in this sector when there are other more lucrative ones.

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
The Somali man would rather be the “laandheere” of a dump than equal to his fellow man in a prosperous nation.
Unfortunate reality we are in bad situation. Only thing that works in our favor is international community is against expanding land and taking over neighbors. Our saving grace against Ethiopia 😆. In past it would be dog eat dog and we would be punished for falling behind

Calaami

Unfortunate reality we are in bad situation. Only thing that works in our favor is international community is against expanding land and taking over neighbors. Our saving grace against Ethiopia 😆. In past it would be dog eat dog and we would be punished for falling behind
After we lost Ogaden War the only thing that stopped Derg from invading Somalia was USSR aka white man ordering them not to. :mjpls:

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
Damn, the thought of being further dependent on Addis is insane, even if it's just a temporary measure/solution. :dwill:

As far as other energy sources; Somalia has great potential for renewable energy in large magnitudes. Though, they require much investments before actually paying off, if it even gets to that stage. I'm not sure if there are actors willing to focus in this sector when there are other more lucrative ones.
💯 we need to build up economy to take advantage of modern technology we can skip coal plants and other things that destroyed a lot of folks land and air .

plus relationship won’t be one sided with Ethiopia they also dependent on us for port as they are landlocked. Can hopefully do good from that

You do know that ethiopias border with Somalia is not demarcated, besides the one they share with SL? :cosbyhmm:

All border communities need to take advantage of this and lobby to be part of Somalia. The more Somalis that can flee ethiopian rule, the better :rejoice:

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
You do know that ethiopias border with Somalia is not demarcated, besides the one they share with SL? :cosbyhmm:

All border communities need to take advantage of this and lobby to be part of Somalia. The more Somalis that can flee ethiopian rule, the better :rejoice:
I didn’t know that. Is that an option not sure what demarcated means with regards to international community borders. I’ve seen stuff like Goldogob on google maps being called Ethiopia lol hope Ethiopia not trying to do vice versa

Calaami

One dumb thing Somalis do is naming their airports after the most famous person from their clan (sometimes the individual isn’t even from the region) :dead:

As much as I want egypt to intervene and stop GERD This is the best option rn. We need to get our GDP up and get some industries. Hopefully we will have someone smart enough willing to invest and tax to create some renewable energy source for a grid unlike someone such as farmaajo who would be a happy lap dog

I didn’t know that. Is that an option not sure what demarcated means with regards to international community borders

Nah, It's just that Somalia have never had any clear borders with ethiopia. Especially since S. Galbeed was 'contested' in recent history and Somalia recognized it as hers.

But after Somalia accepted defeat and recognized the territory as ethiopian land, they never agreed to a final border demarcation.

It's the reason you see a dotted line, rather than a straight line.
Skärmavbild 2023-04-02 kl. 03.55.43.png

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
Nah, It's just that Somalia have never had any clear borders with ethiopia. Especially since S. Galbeed was 'contested' in recent history and Somalia recognized it as hers.

But after Somalia accepted defeat and recognized the territory as ethiopian land, they never agreed to a final border demarcation.

It's the reason you see a dotted line, rather than a straight line.
View attachment 263920
wow never knew this. Learned something new, hopefully we can negotiate like you said and get more Somalis to join us

Take us back to the days of 70s/80s Somali Airlines when we had a world class airline that was a better than one the raw meat eaters had
:banderas:

After we lost Ogaden War the only thing that stopped Derg from invading Somalia was USSR aka white man ordering them not to. :mjpls:
No they couldn't invade, Somalia is very difficult to invade, it would've backfired. Somalia also had troops still in Ethiopia, they would've risked getting encircled.

7 countries had to save Ethiopia from total collapse, if the US kept their word and kept supplying Somalia with arms we would've won the war very easily as it'd end up being war of attrition - soviets would've gave up in a couple years due to Afghanistan and we would end up winning.

I didn’t know that. Is that an option not sure what demarcated means with regards to international community borders. I’ve seen stuff like Goldogob on google maps being called Ethiopia lol hope Ethiopia not trying to do vice versa
Sxb, I guess you're also under ethiopian occupation :gucciwhat:

Skärmavbild 2023-04-02 kl. 04.18.51.png

@Somali Ugaas I guess your town as well
Skärmavbild 2023-04-02 kl. 04.20.20.png

Many Somalis will be in for a rude awakening, when they took for granted of being part of Somalia :silanyolaugh:

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
As much as I want egypt to intervene and stop GERD This is the best option rn. We need to get our GDP up and get some industries. Hopefully we will have someone smart enough willing to invest and tax to create some renewable energy source for a grid unlike someone such as farmaajo who would be a happy lap dog
Blue print is there and with connected world we have option to leverage and buy mass produced technology. Ethiopia even built massive wind farm in somali region of Ethiopia