Somali ANCESTRY DNA RESULTS...I AM SERIOUSLY CONFUSED Kulaha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldinho

All Praise To Allah |
VIP
That company does not have a Nilo-Saharan cluster or a Horn of Africa/Cushite cluster. Hence, Somali ancestry gets devided up between ''SE Bantu'' and ''Mideast & North Africa'' as those are the next best proxies. It does not mean she has any recent ancestry from those places.

PS. The clusters that company uses are not scientific, but selected by a person for best customer satisfaction since their clientele are mostly Americans. They aren't scientifically valid results.
Aren't the average Somali about 60% Nilo-Saharan and roughly about 40% West Eurasian anciently which I saw from some studies, can you explain why she has 50% Nilo-Saharan and 50% MENA, when we have more SSA than any other Horners besides Borama Oromos?

Apollo

VIP
Aren't the average Somali about 60% Nilo-Saharan and roughly about 40% West Eurasian anciently which I saw from some studies, can you explain why she has 50% Nilo-Saharan and 50% MENA, when we have more SSA than any other Horners besides Borama Oromos?

These clusters change around depending on settings, so it is hard to compare them one-on-one since settings maybe different. This is the best autosomal study on Horn of Africans published so far:
http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1004393

PS. Many Southwestern Ethiopians like Omotics and also the Gumuz tribe in Ethiopia are much more African than Somalis. So, no, Somalis are not the most African in the Horn. Only compared to highlanders affected by Semite migrations, yes, but not all of the Horn.

Ronaldinho

All Praise To Allah |
VIP
These clusters change around depending on settings, so it is hard to compare them one-on-one since settings maybe different. This is the best autosomal study on Horn of Africans published so far:
http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1004393

PS. Many Southwestern Ethiopians like Omotics and also the Gumuz tribe in Ethiopia are much more African than Somalis. So, no, Somalis are not the most African in the Horn. Only compared to highlanders affected by Semite migrations, yes, but not all of the Horn.
Thanks, very informative i'm gonna check the link out very shortly.

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
That company does not have a Nilo-Saharan cluster or a Horn of Africa/Cushite cluster. Hence, Somali ancestry gets devided up between ''SE Bantu'' and ''Mideast & North Africa'' as those are the next best proxies. It does not mean she has any recent ancestry from those places.

PS. The clusters that company uses are not scientific, but selected by a person for best customer satisfaction since their clientele are mostly Americans. They aren't scientifically valid results.
Somalis are mainy of Ancient East African(Represented by Dinka but now even the Dinka have substantial Niger-Kongo admixture) and ancient Middle Easterners who arrived from Egypt and the Levant and might have even entered Africa the same time of the ancestors North Africans and we branched off as one group went south(Horners) and they went West further into North Africa.As we went South we encountered Ancient east africans and these middle easterners basically killed off their men and kept their women which explains why we have no diversity in our Y-dna lineages which are of NorthAfrican/West Asian (E1b1b,T1a) and our female are diverse full of west asian(the women the middle easterns brought with them and Local East African lineages.So basically now we Somalis are 55-60% Ancient East African(extinct in pure form) and these West Eurasian migrants which makes up about 39-45% of our autsomal dna.I just summed up our entire ancestry in one post lol

paragon

Keeping it Real Since 01/01/90
Somalis are mainy of Ancient East African(Represented by Dinka but now even the Dinka have substantial Niger-Kongo admixture) and ancient Middle Easterners who arrived from Egypt and the Levant and might have even entered Africa the same time of the ancestors North Africans and we branched off as one group went south(Horners) and they went West further into North Africa.As we went South we encountered Ancient east africans and these middle easterners basically killed off their men and kept their women which explains why we have no diversity in our Y-dna lineages which are of NorthAfrican/West Asian (E1b1b,T1a) and our female are diverse full of west asian(the women the middle easterns brought with them and Local East African lineages.So basically now we Somalis are 55-60% Ancient East African(extinct in pure form) and these West Eurasian migrants which makes up about 39-45% of our autsomal dna.I just summed up our entire ancestry in one post lol

E1b1 is native to the Horn and roughly 26,000 + yo. Saying that East African males were killed off to make way for West Asians to mate with Ancient East African women is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Otherwise, I agree with the rest of what you've said.

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
E1b1 is native to the Horn and roughly 26,000 + yo. Saying that East African males were killed off to make way for West Asians to mate with Ancient East African women is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Otherwise, I agree with the rest of what you've said.
Yes E1b1 is East African but E-M78(E1b1b1a) originated in North Africa and have thousands of years separation between the two

angrycat

not so sad after all
you guys are saying the test is wrong, but sheesh..have you ever thought,maybe *she's* not ethnic somali???:rolleyes:

angrycat

not so sad after all
she says shes full somali whos family is originally from galkacyo but moved to mog. so im guessing shes habar gidir.
i meant maybe her ancestors aren't full somali, but assimilated into somali culture. what's habar gidir have to do with it? aren't they a somali tribe? sorry I dont know much about tribes

Status
Not open for further replies.